The Color Purple cast changes

wired4success
#1The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:45pm

I went back to The color Purple Tuesday Night. I have heard that ticket sales were slow and I loved the show the first time and I just wanted to do my part. I was blown away by the changes that have been made. I am a long time fan of LaChanze and I missed her in the show, but Natasha Williams, the woman who played Sophia blew me away. Her rendition of the character was nothing short of phenominal. Why haven't I heard about her. Has anyone seen the show lately? She is amazing!!!!!

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#2re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:49pm

Natasha, is that you?

wired4success
#2re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:51pm

Hey, do you know Natasha? I am just a fan.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:53pm

I was in NYC a couple weeks ago, and I was so shocked that there are no pictures in front of the theatre showing the new cast members, just the shows logo.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

wired4success
#4re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 4:56pm

Why is that? Is that because of the cast changes.???May be they are taking pictures now.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#5re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/15/07 at 5:02pm

Jeannette started as Celie a couple of months ago, I would have thought by now her picture would be up. Whenever I'm in NYC I always enjoy walking by the theatre's to see who's who in each show.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

natywill
#6re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/17/07 at 3:02pm

Hello Wired, I'm NaTasha and I just wanted to thank you for your kind words. God Bless and keep you and keep supporting the "Purple". NaTasha

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#7re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/17/07 at 3:16pm

Welcome to the board, NaTasha. Loved you on tour in "All Shook Up" and wish you all the best on "The Color Purple"!

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

wired4success
#8re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/17/07 at 8:32pm

I can't believe you wrote back that is so nice of you. I am coming to your talkback on Tuesday night so I hope to meet you after the show. I started this thread so that people would know how wonderful you are. I can't wait for them to see you.

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#9re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 12:29am

I haven't seen The Color Purple, I'll get around to it eventually, but I saw Natasha Williams in All Shook Up twice, as well as Cinderella and can vouch for her immense talent.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

natywill
#10re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 2:23pm

Thanks something wicked for the welcome I have been reading for a while but never chimed in until now. Also Misto I appreciate the comments. I hope you get to see Purple soon. Lots of changes are coming up soon. Peace

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#11re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 3:30pm

Hey Natasha! I saw you in ASU a bunch (I saw the show in Boston a few times, and then came down to Ft Lauderdale in Nov to see it again a few times). Can't wait to see you in Purple, you are the only reason I am coming to see it again!

Welcome to Broadway!

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#12re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 3:42pm

If that was really Natasha posting, why wasn't she at the theatre performing at 2:23 on a Sunday?

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#13re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 3:46pm

Lots of performers are online backstage at shows. Good way to pass the time between their scenes if they are bored. Updated On: 2/18/07 at 03:46 PM

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#14re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 4:23pm

No offense to Natasha, but if someone was going to impersonate a Broadway star, I don't think Natasha would be the first to come to mind.

natywill
#15re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 7:30pm

This thread thing is so funny. Is it supposed to be annonymous? Admanrich, you are right I would so not be the person to impersonate. I just got here and for that I am grateful. Liotte can't wait to see you again. I am online backstage, not cause I'm bored, just keeping busy. Tonight is Jeannette's last night and I have had a ball working with her. I have had an amazing time just being here......Gotta go!!!

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#16re: The Color Purple cast changes
Posted: 2/18/07 at 7:34pm

I saw Jeannette on Friday and I was super impressed! I wish her luck wherever she goes!

Videos