News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dancindramadude

dancindramadude Profile Photo
Member Name: dancindramadude
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: High School Musicals of the future
 May 8 2005, 07:01:07 PM
I just recently saw a high school performance of Beauty and the Beast and was shocked that it wasnt as horrible as I thought it would be (I am an incredibly critical person). The talent was great and the castle set was pretty cool (the town and out side of the castle sucked though). Next year a community college will be doing B&TB also and I hope it looks good because I wanna be in it.

If my old high school did Wicked right now, they have a perfect Glinda nd Elphaba, other than that I c

re: Avenue Q Report
 Apr 11 2005, 06:21:03 PM
Thanx guy you are helping. The report can be on what ever I want it to be, it just has to be entertaining cause I am presenting it in front of my class. And it is college so I can do it on all the sexuality stuff. Thanx Destiny for the thought on monster racism I think I will use that.
Avenue Q Report
 Apr 11 2005, 04:10:43 PM
I have to do a 5 - 10 min presentation on Avenue Q for my History of American Musical Theatre Clas and I have some ideas of what to say... but I was wanting some input on what things I should say or what songs I should. Thanks for the help.
Avenue Q Report
 Apr 11 2005, 04:10:41 PM
I have to do a 5 - 10 min presentation on Avenue Q for my History of American Musical Theatre Clas and I have some ideas of what to say... but I was wanting some input on what things I should say or what songs I should. Thanks for the help.
re: new movie musicals
 Feb 7 2005, 01:59:36 PM
I absolutly love Avenue Q, it is my favorite show, but movie audieces are totally different than theatre audiences. It could work as a TV show because we have so many before it (Sesame Street, Bear in the Big Blue House, Crank Yankers) but turning it into a movie would be hard to watch, not only the puppets but you will loss a lot of the theatrical devices in the show (s will be lost in many other shows like RENT)
re: new movie musicals
 Feb 7 2005, 02:36:52 AM
I have heard they are making movies outta The Producers (w/ NAthan Lane and Matthew Brodrick), Dream Girls, and Hairspray.
I would love to see Urinetown. I would love to see Avenue Q, but i dont think a movie would be able to pull off the puppet concept

re: HAIR revival.
 Feb 7 2005, 02:29:34 AM
I have a friends that was just in HAIR in Brooklyn and it was playing ot sold out crowds. Some of the original cast and writers came and saw it. They loved it so much that they got the rights from equity to film it and put it in the HAIR vaults. And they are trying to get it to move to OffBroadway. But it is still in the rumours stage. But I hope it gets there cause it will give me a reason to go to NYC and hang out with my friend.
re: RIP Jonathan Larson
 Jan 25 2005, 01:56:10 AM
I agree that it is such a shame that such a talented young man passed away. His works have affected many people. RENT is one of few shows that I actually cry when I listen to the cast recording. You are missed by many
re: Good plays to read...
 Jan 25 2005, 01:49:05 AM
I agree with Joshua on all those plays.
"Homeboy/Kabul" is great as well as "A Bright Roo Called Day" both by Tony Kushner
"Antigone" has got to be the greatest greek play
"Lysistrata" is a funny greek is youre not offended by sexulity (and a lot of it)
"The Visit" by Fredrich Duremuent (spelling wrong)
"Idiots Delight"
"Noises Off" one of the funniest things (but better on stage)

but i will have to disagree on "A Doll House" one of the most boring and unrealisti

re: FIDDLER Production History
 Jan 19 2005, 01:34:53 AM
I think the best version ever is the one that is going to be in Modesto, because I am playing Fyedka. LOL. Im just kidding, but I would have to agree with everyone else, The original and the newest revival. I think our director is stealing from that. We arent doing complete sets, but rather tableuxs (spelling worng?) of groups in the back ground.
Good luck with the project.

re: Forever Plaid
 Jan 18 2005, 01:48:42 AM
A local theatre will be doing it this summer. I know the cast and they are all amazing singers so I cant wait to see the show. I love the soundtrack
re: wouldnt jessica simpson make a good elphaba???
 Jan 17 2005, 10:51:15 PM
I think it is pretty well agreed upon NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! and what made you say that???
re: John Tartaglia and Rod on VH1
 Jan 15 2005, 08:32:02 PM
Ya I saw it like a week ago and then later that night I sw Queer Eye For The Straight Guy with Hunter Foster and John Tartaglia.
re: What are you listening to right now?
 Jan 15 2005, 08:11:06 PM
Avenue Q of course, after listening to Phantom, Wicked, RENT, and a million other shows
re: Avenue Q 1/14
 Jan 15 2005, 07:04:49 PM
AVENUE Q IS MY MOST FAVORITEST SHOW IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!
Ya and John Tartaglia is my Broadway Idol. Yes the show was amazing. I had very last row mezz when I saw it but it wasnt all that bad and I even had binoculars (which werent absolutly necessary but i liked some of the up closeness). The entire cast was so awesome. I mean to me John Tartaglia stood out to me cause the puppet looked like an extention of him not a puppet and puppeteer. I really loved the puppets, but Steph got a lit

re: Dance?
 Jan 15 2005, 05:44:19 PM
Really, they dont really focus that much on dancing. Cause I can act, dance, and I have designed (make-up, costumes, sets, etc.) and have done make-up, i have been a grip. But the one thing I am not good at is singing. I guess it is good that I am taking voice lessons right now.
re: Dance?
 Jan 15 2005, 05:44:18 PM
Really, they dont really focus that much on dancing. Cause I can act, dance, and I have designed (make-up, costumes, sets, etc.) and have done make-up, i have been a grip. But the one thing I am not good at is singing. I guess it is good that I am taking voice lessons right now.
re: Show Tunes as TV Commercials
 Jan 14 2005, 02:39:03 PM
isnt that "Goodmornin" playing in the background of the one commercial with them mail man walking in the rain and different weathers. Sorry dont remeber the commercial is for.
re: Wicked Fall?
 Jan 14 2005, 02:28:36 PM
OMG!!!! WHOEVERS RESPONSIBLE FOR IDINA FALLING SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!!

How can a bunch of people who dont even know what happened exactly can wish harm or the dismissal of a stage hand. It all sounds like pretty cocky actor egos. I have been and actor and techie so I knida know both ends. Who even says it was anyone's fault. It just might a been a freak accident. Like IMsoooHyprtoday said theatre is just an accident witing to happen. Things happen all the time in every show

re: Wicked Fall?
 Jan 14 2005, 02:28:33 PM
OMG!!!! WHOEVERS RESPONSIBLE FOR IDINA FALLING SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!!

How can a bunch of people who dont even know what happened exactly can wish harm or the dismissal of a stage hand. It all sounds like pretty cocky actor egos. I have been and actor and techie so I knida know both ends. Who even says it was anyone's fault. It just might a been a freak accident. Like IMsoooHyprtoday said theatre is just an accident witing to happen. Things happen all the time in every show

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You