YOUR Ideal HAIR Revival Cast!

elvenprincess971 Profile Photo
elvenprincess971
#0YOUR Ideal HAIR Revival Cast!
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:28pm

Okay, please dont get mad at me if i missed a thread about this when i ran a search... (i found a bunch about messing up someones hair and removing hair dye from skin... lol) but im just curious if there are any plans to revive hair (again), or if im just going to have to settle with the benefit concert recording (whenever that comes out, lol).

**EDIT** Now that we have exhausted that idea, lets move on to the ideal Hair revival cast for each person.

Love, Miss Britt
Updated On: 2/11/05 at 07:28 PM

ponine24601
#1re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:30pm

i think that in the video of the hair benefit concert on broadway.com, John Tartaglia said that they were trying to bring it back to Broadway in a revival form. I really hope they do!!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

elvenprincess971
#2re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:31pm

having Hair revived would give me reason to beg to go to NY and see it... or to at least hope for a tour.

Love, Miss Britt

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#3re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:32pm

Speaking of HAIR, is the concert CD ever going to be released???

elvenprincess971
#4re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:33pm

Seriously. When?

Love, Miss Britt

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:38pm

The CD is going to be realeased.

And HAIR NEEDS TO COME BACK TO BROADWAY NOW~!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

elvenprincess971
#6re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:41pm

where on sh-k-boom is the thing about the Hair benefit concert CD info?

Love, Miss Britt

insomniak
#7re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:43pm

I would be the happiest human alive if Hair returned to broadway. Casting thoughts? Would you like it to be similar or different from the original?

munkustrap178
#8re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:47pm

Well I doubt any of us have seen the original, but I would like it as closer to the OCR as possible, it's just amazing. I think unknowns would work. Adam Pascal as Berger maybe, if not.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#9re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:50pm

ugh lets not start with the Adam Pascals and Idina Menzels of the world.

munkustrap178
#10re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:53pm

HAve you heard Adam Pascal sing "I've Got Life?"

ponine24601
#11re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:55pm

hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! *swoons*

i think that the CD is being released either this month or next month.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

munkustrap178
#12re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 7:58pm

He's fantastic, and he's one of the few actors that people are obsessed with on this board that could actually act his way out a bag.

insomniak
#13re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:01pm

munku, that's what I thought of too, though I didn't think anyone wanted to hear me of all people shill for that boy AGAIN. His 'I Got Life' rocks. Jennifer Hudson could make the broadway debut that we all need her to have, too. That girl can sing the sh*t out of 'Easy to be Hard'.

The big thing for me is orchestration- I want it to sound sixties-ish, not modernized. I'm not a big fan of most of the movie songs because of that.

ponine24601
#14re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:07pm

i totally agree about jennifer hudson. i was so pissed when she got voted off of American Idol.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:18pm

Adam's the one who's acting his way out of a paper bag? Rock on. Not many people would dare say that about him. re: HAIR revival.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Chrysanthemum62001
#16re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:19pm

*ahem* Are we forgetting someone?

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

insomniak
#17re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:24pm

I knew I should have patented that phrase...

Chrys, I was going to let you suggest Raúl, but I can do it if you like. re: HAIR revival.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#18re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:24pm

No. Adam was actually acting like a paper bag is more like it.

munkustrap178
#19re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:34pm

I must have missed that performance, but he's been great in everything else I've seen him in, including CABARET, AIDA, RENT, and HAIR. What do you have against him?

And I didn't say Raul, because although I think he's a great actor, I'm not a big fan of his voice.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#20re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:41pm

i don't have anything against Adam Pascal....yet re: HAIR revival.

munkustrap178
#21re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 8:44pm

So then what's your problem with me suggesting him for HAIR?

elvenprincess971
#22re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 9:23pm

on the thought of the orchestrations... i think they would almost have to update the music to more of the sound of the movie, if they wanted to generate any interest. Otherwise, people might find it outdated...

Wheres the link concerning the release of the Hair Benefit Concert? *depserate*

Love, Miss Britt

munkustrap178
#23re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 9:24pm

I disagree - you can't update the orchestrations too much - it's supposed to sound like a product of the 60's, not a synthesized version. I would think they'd have to keep it exactly the same - that's partly why the music is so amazing.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24re: HAIR revival.
Posted: 2/6/05 at 9:25pm

Whoaaaaaaaa. Marquise, I'm surprised at you! Watch it.... :-P

Not the best out there, but my man does NOT act LIKE a paper bag! Paper bags can't even try to dance. At least he tries. re: HAIR revival.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos