Wicked Fall?

stagemomfromhell Profile Photo
stagemomfromhell
#0Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:37am

So, did anyone get fired over the trapdoor fiasco? I was hearing (assorted mummblings overheard outside the Gershwin)that the person in charge of the trapdoor was out of there. Or, does he/she have protection from the union?

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#1re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:45am

Oh. Dear. God. Please. No.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#2re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:47am

Were those "mumblings" from cast, crew, or crazed Idina-obsessed teen girls? Just wondering.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

stagemomfromhell
#3re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:50am

Someone (male) came out of the stagedoor (after Sat mat) talking to another (female) about it and were saying heads were going to roll. Dont know who they are.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:53am

Sounds pretty concrete to me.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#5re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:54am

I'm sure if it is proven to be the fault of a stagehand, then someone will either be fired or lose their job. The union is pretty tight, so I'm sure it was investigated thoroughly. If it is due to an quipment failure, then someone probably won't be fired unless they are responsible for inspecting the equipment and the failure could have been prevented. But why do we need to know if someone was fired or not? I don't think it will really matter to us at all.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

stagemomfromhell
#6re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:01am

I am sure you are correct that in the big picture it really dosnt matter if anyone got fired etc. I had overheard these comments and then I have heard nothing more about it. Sure, its my natural curiosity perking. But, since the story got very little press at all outside of NYC, I was wondering what happens when this type of mishap occurs. I am sure there are REAL insiders lurking about and thought someone might know. If someone could confirm that it was a mechanical or human mistake that might be nice to know.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#7re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:21am

Very little press outside NYC? My grandmother called me from Florida because it was on her nightly news. It was all over MSNBC/CNN online, etc.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#8re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:22am

It was on the front page of the Times. It has replaced the Tsunami as THE story of the year.

"Stage Hand Suspended for Clap Trap Rib Cracker."

"I hope this horrible person takes the time to ponder all the dreams he dashed by letting Edena fall and hurt herself," cried Tonya Roma, a Mother of 13 year old triplets who had purchased tickets to the "Last Good Perfomance on Broadway...EVER!" for her daughters birthday. Roma was responsible for the huge protests that have been taking place outside the Gershwin calling for the removal of the offending stage hand. "I spent $1500 for the tickets to the matinee on Sunday only to find they were not worth the paper they were printed on. Justice MUST be served."

I would provide the link to the whole story, but it's not working.

PEACE.

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#9re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:23am

Hehehe.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#10re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:24am

What had me up in arms was not the offending stage hand, but the offending jazz hand.

stagemomfromhell
#11re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:24am

I was in NYC (To see IDINA in Wicked) when it happened and when we returned to "Small-town USA" we could find very little about it. The washington Post had a very small four paragraph blurb and that was about it. There has been very little follow-up.

stagemomfromhell
#12re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:28am

Thank You!! I wanted to know. At least I paid face value for the tickets and not $800 each. I really was disapointed but, STUFF HAPPENS! It was an historical event none the less!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#13re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:29am

Did you see Matt_G there?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#14re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:30am

It was an historical event none the less!

Right up there with the Moon Landing and the JFK assassination.

PEACE.

stagemomfromhell
#15re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:31am

Yes!

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#16re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:32am

Tonya Roma should not have been allowed to breed.

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#17re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:37am

okay, that was really funny...i'm sure people will know what happened in good time. we find out EVERYTHING on this board :)

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#18re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:09pm

blah blah blah

-vincent

stagemomfromhell
#19re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:20pm

I am so glad you got that in.

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#20re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:57pm

theatre is an accident waiting to happen.

stagemomfromhell
#21re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 1:00pm

Accidents happen all of the time. I broke my arm during a dance # in Guys and Dolls. 2 of us ran into each other. It was just a freak accident. I had to leave the show. You cant do too many musicals in a cast up to your elbow.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#22re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:04pm

OMG!!!! WHOEVERS RESPONSIBLE FOR IDINA FALLING SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!! OMG!! WE MISS YOU IDINA!!! U=AWSOME!!!!!

dancindramadude Profile Photo
dancindramadude
#23re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:28pm

OMG!!!! WHOEVERS RESPONSIBLE FOR IDINA FALLING SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!!

How can a bunch of people who dont even know what happened exactly can wish harm or the dismissal of a stage hand. It all sounds like pretty cocky actor egos. I have been and actor and techie so I knida know both ends. Who even says it was anyone's fault. It just might a been a freak accident. Like IMsoooHyprtoday said theatre is just an accident witing to happen. Things happen all the time in every show (not always to this extent). And I agree Tonya Roma shouldn't breed, teaching such hate that isnt even thought through, to her children. I mean how do we know that it wasnt that Idina was in the worng place or something. I mean it is a tragedy that she got hurt, but we cant go casting stones for something that we dont know all the facts too.

dancindramadude Profile Photo
dancindramadude
#24re: Wicked Fall?
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:28pm

OMG!!!! WHOEVERS RESPONSIBLE FOR IDINA FALLING SHOULD BE BURNED AT THE STAKE!!!!!

How can a bunch of people who dont even know what happened exactly can wish harm or the dismissal of a stage hand. It all sounds like pretty cocky actor egos. I have been and actor and techie so I knida know both ends. Who even says it was anyone's fault. It just might a been a freak accident. Like IMsoooHyprtoday said theatre is just an accident witing to happen. Things happen all the time in every show (not always to this extent). And I agree Tonya Roma shouldn't breed, teaching such hate that isnt even thought through, to her children. I mean how do we know that it wasnt that Idina was in the worng place or something. I mean it is a tragedy that she got hurt, but we cant go casting stones for something that we dont know all the facts too.

Videos