News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fetus

Fetus Profile Photo
Member Name: Fetus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 13 2023, 08:58:12 AM

Seb28 said: "Plannietink08 said: "..that you wouldn’t use for a Caucasian actress?"

May I ask why you make up blatant lies? Is racial segregation your passion? Do you panic when it's not there? Do you have any idea how this bizarre assumption actually exposes you?

Have you ever read the reviews I have written about all other projects and white actors?

Have you read my question? What did you think of her notes that she did not reach and questionable acting?

Stop polluting this thread, react on the topic, not the person. Thank you.
"

I went back to read your Pinocchio post this user mentioned (https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1154240):

"Cynthia Erivo looked like a sassy hairdresser that came straight out of hell."

"Saying her lines with her eyes rolling, in a manner as if she was gossiping at the local hairdressers."

These are racially charged critiques and easily searchable. It's also pathetic to continue and attack Cynthia Erivo as she moves on with her career, and to call other users a liar for calling you out. It's clear to me what your intentions are and that a miserable person is hiding behind your screen.

Sondheim's Final Musical: HERE WE ARE (Off-Broadway) - Critics' Reviews  Oct 21 2023, 10:36:45 PM

Jarethan said: "

I have never seen the movie, Exterminating Angel, which I know is absurdist. That said, I still don't have a clue what the bear was intended to represent / provide / whatever. I have tried to find out via Google, but have really had no luck. Does anyone know / think they know / care / etc. If so, can you respond, in a spoiler alert if you think necessary."

In the film, the bear (and some sheep) are to be used to entertain the dinner gu

Oct 8 2023, 09:57:47 AM

Seb28 said: "Stop insulting and name-calling on a personal level, looks weak and insecure. People who are certain about their standpoint usually don't need that."

Nah, you are a little weasel and you deserve to hear it.

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA Musical (Chicago Pre-Broadway) - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 8 2022, 12:55:31 PM

JSquared2 said: "Marlothom said: "Menken Fan said: "East Village said: "How have they dealt with the race switch of the Anne Hawthaway character to a young black professional? I imagine having Miranda & Emily berate and browbeat her for being overweight and dressing poorly could come off as truly clueless — and an example of privilege"

Race isn’t mentioned or dealt with in any way in this production. It might have been interesting to include that in the overall storyline, but many potentially interesting ideas were avoided.
"

Same with Emily being Asian-American, Nigel being hispanic, (and to some extent) Christian Thompson (the character) being African-American like Andy (and one of her roommates being non-binary?). It could have elevated all of these characters - but no. It's just ignored.
"

That's because race has ZERO to do with this particular story! Would you be happier if they fired the current cast and replaced them with white actors?? And please spare me with the talk of "privilege", which has become one of those meaningless buzzwords (like "woke" that is thrown around by keyboard social justice warriors in every scenario-- regardless of context.
"

Why do you bother even breathing when you're so clearly over the world? You sound insufferable.

LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2  Jul 1 2022, 10:37:27 AM

I'll be there with a bottle of wine.

Is it just me….  May 13 2022, 08:38:51 AM

UWS10023 said: "And what some people wear….I was at Into The Woods and a tall fellow had on the tightest shorts I have ever seen in my life and I am not a spring chicken. From behind it looked like they had been painted on him. I thought I was at Fire Island."

I'd sure hate to be enjoying my night at the theatre and have a weirdo staring me down for what I'm wearing.

WICKED Film will be split into two movies, releasing December 2024 and 2025  Apr 26 2022, 12:38:51 PM

I know the real reason is money, but the director's explanation for why they split it in two makes the production team sound like horrible storytellers.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 24 2021, 04:54:09 PM

Heart goes to everyone in the community sick and recently unemployed at the holidays. If only we had leadership.

Charlotte St. Martin needs to go  Dec 22 2021, 10:12:32 PM

I truly hope she's losing as much sleep as the actors and crew who have been terrified going into work the last week while she's been offering them sweet nothings.

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 20 2021, 08:38:26 PM

BJR said: "I don't really understand what folks are proposing here. What should Bway shows do?

A lockdown wouldn't be backed up by any gov't help this time. Restaurants are facing the same challenge, lost revenue by self-imposed personal lockdowns. But there is absolutely no political capital or public will to do wide lockdowns again. Especially since the vaccines seem to be seriously cutting into hospitalizations.

It feels like the world's strat

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 20 2021, 08:34:21 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "Fetus said: "I love my post criticizing Charlotte St. Martin getting removed as if this website would continue to exist should she continues her reign destroying the industry by doing absolutely nothing."

She is just digging her own grave at this point (careerwise). I can assume that when this is over, there will be calls for her resignation.
"

I was surprised there weren't larger calls earlier this year when every

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 20 2021, 08:18:55 PM

I love my post criticizing Charlotte St. Martin getting removed as if this website would continue to exist should she continues her reign destroying the industry by doing absolutely nothing.

JAGGED LITTLE PILL announces reopening dates  Sep 24 2021, 04:12:06 PM

Will continue to avoid this show and use Adblock on this site.

SpotCo Sues Scott Rudin  Aug 7 2020, 07:06:43 PM

Bleed him dry

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 2 2020, 04:10:47 PM

JP2 said: "She once made her dad cry in a Barnes and Noble elevator. She was there for some book signing and she was treating him like dog****. Her own FATHER."

And isn't she banned from that Barnes and Noble because of how she acted during the greet?

What a weird hill to die on supporting her in all this.

Lea Michele on Twitter  Jun 1 2020, 11:56:37 PM

We love to see it!

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 10:13:25 PM

Impossible2 said: "Luminaire2 said: "Anything related to this revival deserves to have it brought up. If you are going to hire and cast someone like that, it will not be swept under the rug or hidden. We will not repeat the mistakes of the past."

No it shouldn't...this isn't Twitter it is Broadway World.

I don't see what the point of bitching online is going to do. If y'all truly believe he should be fired go picket the theatre

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 10:00:55 PM

I don't see how my post or the one quoted was "churning up hatred". I'm upset with his casting, but I'm also continuing to be civil about it. I'd suggest you do the same.

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 09:26:17 PM

Luminaire2 said: "First preview is today. So here’s a New York Post article from today, with words from the Ballet dancer at the forefront of what Amar and his colleagues did to women in their company.

https://nypost.com/2019/12/10/city-ballerina-alexandra-waterbury-blasts-amar-ramasars-west-side-story-debut/amp/

Happy first preview.
"

Here's her post on Instagram for anyone who wants to read it directly: https://www.instagram.com/p/B55ZumnAHG1

Michael Jackson musical will blame sex abuse allegations on the glove  Dec 4 2019, 11:28:32 PM

I wish I had screenshot it earlier but I swear I saw Johnny Depp was listed as a producer on their website. This whole thing kinda feels like a prank of some sort? Like a Nathan for You sketch.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You