News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OneSingularSensation2

Member Name: OneSingularSensation2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fishing for Show Recommendations!
 Aug 15 2019, 04:06:04 PM

I logged into my account just to say: Come From Away.

Absolute must-see show, in my opinion, and that so many of the original cast are still in it? See it here if you can.

Jeremy Jordan Joins the Cast of WAITRESS
 Apr 5 2019, 04:58:45 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "I’m just saying it’s not the most challenging role and I think he’s perfect for it. But if you’ve seen him struggle to have onstage chemistry, I can see your concern. Probably an easy decision for you to skip this one then. I have only seen him on stage once (American Son) where he didn’t have a need for onstage romantic chemistry. I did see Newsies on Netflix and thought his chemistry was fine there."

True! (Not the mos

Apr 5 2019, 02:09:44 PM

Right, he can certainly sing. But the role also requires some semblance of chemistry between the two leads - we're to believe that she's drawn to him, and he's drawn to her. Jeremy Jordan is fantastic, and I'm a big fan, but I've yet to see him sell a romantic attraction to another character for longer than a couple minutes.

(And OH, "it's called acting?" Why didn't I think of that? Sigh. Thought this was the place to discuss how some people are be

Apr 5 2019, 12:14:46 PM

Love him, but anyone else having a hard time imagining him in this role? I think it's a combination of having see him in SMASH, and really liking Erich Bergen as Dr. P. (But please, tell me why I'm wrong if you think this role is a good fit for JJ!)

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
 Dec 10 2018, 10:23:36 AM

GreeneStreet said: "The problem Waitress is going to face, (and who knows mabye it will be this run) is that Sara is not going to be able to sell the show anymore. Everyone who has wanted to see her, has at this point."

I haven't! despite being local. Saw Waitress with Katharine McPhee; will probably go back to see Bareilles. (Wasn't a huge fan of hers last time she was here, but I loved seeing her at the JCS dress rehearsal and have since read her book - she

Two current musicals you'd recommend?
 Nov 27 2018, 03:29:03 PM

My Fair Lady & Waitress. If you have any interest in Head Over Heels, MFL and that, as it's closing Jan. 6.

TKTS Tips
 Oct 1 2018, 03:18:49 PM

I'm seeing prices for the Times Square location within the app as well - that's a nice addition, thanks for the heads up.

Just chiming in to mention that the Lincoln Center location is inside, which is great when the weather's nasty. Free wifi too. The LC location starts selling evening performance tickets at noon, which is 2-3 hours earlier than the Times Square location (though I believe the South Street Seaport booth begins at 11a). 

And not so much

Waitress rush update?
 Sep 13 2018, 12:46:34 PM

We got two rush seats in the orchestra - 2 or 3 rows from the stage, the "partial view" seats all the way to the left. The ticket to our immediate right didn't sell - or the person didn't show - so we slid over a seat. Missed a moment or two at the counter but nothing major... thought they were fabulous seats, especially for rush price. People in front of/behind us in the rush line were right in front of/behind us.

(Granted, this was in July, so they might b

After Bruce, who?
 Aug 28 2018, 11:48:38 AM

IMHO, I think most likely is someone who's already written a memoir. It's clear that Bruce has done years of reflecting on his life (in therapy and out). Having that source material with which to craft a show like this is huge. I haven't seen it (no lottery win yet/would rather pay $200 to see him rock out on tour somewhere). But, I have seen some clips, and everything I've seen echoes what he already put in his book. (It is 500+ pages after all...) As some others have mention

LincTix for Mockingbird?
 Aug 27 2018, 12:58:27 PM

Thank you all for sharing - saved me the 15 minutes I'd have otherwise spent going through a couple weeks' worth of dates! (Checked a couple showtimes in February and yep, just back corner of the mezz. Hard pass.)

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread
 Aug 23 2018, 03:29:54 PM

TheSassySam said: "I have Monday night free and I am looking to go see Chicago. What would be the best method to get the most bang for my buck when it comes to seeing the show? Are the rush seats good? Is the show ever at TKTS?"

I tried a couple times this summer and wasn't able to get rush tickets for Chicago, but I did get a couple SRO tickets! $27 each and a great view. They might not offer it depending how close the show is to sold out, but IMO it's worth

Is standing room uncomfortable?
 Aug 23 2018, 11:39:42 AM

Broadway Fan2 said: "How is the standing room tickets price-wisecompared to rush tickets? More expensive? Cheaper? The same?"

My impression is that SRO are generally $5-15 cheaper (e.g., Chicago rush is $39 but standing is $27). 

Tired of cell phones going off at a performance?
 Aug 23 2018, 11:34:36 AM

vanbrig said: "In all seriousness, it looks like the places that have implemented this process have been able to do it smoothly, which is good. I’ve yet to hear about it being used in a theatre like many on Broadway (large amounts of people all trying to get in/out through one entrance/exit with basically no lobby), but hopefully if it's implemented in one of those then the process is smooth there as well."

They were used at the Brooklyn Armory for the Jesu

Which same day seats are easiest to get?
 Jul 31 2018, 11:02:31 PM
I'd do Waitress if it were me! Hang out at the box office an hour before it opens and you should be golden for rush tickets. (Either way, I do think trying a morning rush - and then having some of those other options in your back pocket, like the in-person lotteries - is the way to go.)
Sound of Music with Sutton?
 Jul 25 2018, 11:39:54 AM

BroadwayConcierge said: "I didn't know I needed Sutton Foster inThe Sound of Musicuntil I heard her sing that minute-long snippet of "Lonely Goatherd." But now I need it, please and thank you."

She even said something along the lines of, "I don't think Liza can sing" during the Younger live interview prior to the episode - so that clip's likely her downplaying her crazy talent. 

Seconding kady.ivy: I'd be there

The Boys in the Band - standing room
 Jul 25 2018, 11:35:39 AM

I don't feel comfortable copying/pasting other people's posts from one thread to another (even with quotation marks & attribution) so, sorry, just going to link to the other thread: Yes, there are some Stubhub reports out there - https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1109123&page=2

The Boys in the Band - standing room
 Jul 24 2018, 03:08:52 PM

I did SRO for the Saturday evening performance on July 7. They actually didn't start selling standing until around 6:15p - the show hadn't yet gotten close enough to selling out when the box office opened at 10a. (As I mentioned elsewhere - I think on the TBITB rush thread - they said to come back at 4:30, then at 5, etc., until we formed a mini line around 6p. Keep in mind the week of the 4th is typically a light theater week, so our experience might not reflect other Saturdays.

Is it possible two rushs in one day? Which shows?
 Jul 17 2018, 03:49:38 PM

Last I saw, Hamilton does their SRO rush maybe an hour out from showtime, so you could easily wait for matinee rush tickets at 8a, go to a matinee, grab lunch, then wait in the Hamilton line and hope to get lucky.

In terms of who'll have rush tickets after the box office opens, I'd check out the message boards closer to your visit to see what people have been reporting lately - personally think we're too far out to know just yet. Good luck! Two rush shows in

Chicago Rush
 Jul 17 2018, 10:13:12 AM

Bumping this thread... anyone have an idea where rush seats would be for Chicago (or if they're still just doing SRO)? Wondering if I'm better off rushing or buying cheap tix via TodayTix - thanks! 

Boys in Band Autographs
 Jul 9 2018, 05:53:50 PM

Ha, I typically expect no one to stage door, so I'm pleasantly surprised when anyone does. We'd asked before the show and were told something along the lines of they weren't sure who'd be out afterward, but someone would be... basically implying that it'd only be 1-2 of the actors. So four felt like a fair amount. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You