News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Clewis1219

Clewis1219 Profile Photo
Member Name: Clewis1219
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Little moments on cast albums that you love
 Dec 18 2014, 08:25:57 AM
There's a small moment in The Gershwin's Porgy and Bess during "Bess, You is My Woman Now" when Audra sings, "Yeah..." in response to Norm Lewis that always makes me smile and takes me back to sitting in the theater :)
Lady Day and Casa Valentina Rush Advice
 Apr 29 2014, 03:58:14 PM
Does anyone have advice on the best way to get a discounted ticket to Lady Day this weekend? I am in town on Saturday and hoping to catch the evening performance, but won't get into the city from Baltimore until around 3:30, so I believe the rush is out. I see the show has been posting on TDF frequently according to the site...is the site reliable/price of tickets? Willing to buy full price, but my non-profit budget would appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

Chris

Congrats to Stephanie J. Block!
 Apr 30 2013, 11:59:37 AM
Anyone know what she is doing in Baltimore? I'd love to catch her if she's performing!
Is Audra Trying To Sneak Her Hand Into Jan's Bag?
 May 28 2012, 03:03:52 PM
Can someone explain the whole "Jan's bag" thing...I've delighted in the talk for some time and now would like to know it's history.
Musicals with singing ghosts
 May 28 2012, 03:02:41 PM
Cinderella's Mother is a ghost and has several small singing moments throughout the show...I believe the role is often played by the actress playing Rapunzel, but I may be wrong.
Porgy and Bess - New Broadway Cast Recording Arrived!
 May 9 2012, 09:18:45 PM
are you in NYC? I'm in Baltimore and can't wait for it!
Porgy and Bess cancellation email; T. Krasker's reply
 May 8 2012, 11:17:51 AM
Tommy is a truly great guy. Always responds promptly and with good answers, can't wait for this recording.
Porgy and Bess TKTS question
 Apr 1 2012, 03:54:40 PM
Thanks so much for your advice! I'm looking forward to this show...despite the less than fabulous reviews, Audra and Norm are more than enough reason to see anything!

I truly appreciate your prompt and kind response--I'll PM you for anything else.

Porgy and Bess TKTS question
 Apr 1 2012, 10:04:39 AM
I'm coming the first weekend in April and am hoping to catch a performance of Porgy and Bess and I was just wondering how TKTS has been going for the show--I know that it's been on the list frequently, according to their website. I'm seeing a matinee of Leap of Faith that day and won't be able to get to the line until after that...should I be okay for evening tickets?

Thanks so much for any help/info you can give. I read the boards often for entertainment, but am not always compelled to

Danielle Ferland & Lauren Kennedy To Star In Westport INTO THE WOODS
 Feb 3 2012, 04:02:13 PM
I work at Center Stage and this is an incredibly exciting production! Can't wait for Kennedy's Witch...She's amazing!
Down with Love on stage
 Dec 5 2011, 07:37:43 PM
I have this thought daily when the final song Here's to Love comes on my ipod or whenever I watch the movie--I'd like to see it as a straight play with a final great musical moment.
BONNIE & CLYDE Reviews
 Dec 1 2011, 10:59:47 PM
I find it interesting that the Times includes a link of illegally recorded footage from Anything Goes.
Follies is shipping!
 Nov 14 2011, 06:42:52 PM
If I pre-ordered mine today, are there chances it will still arrive early? This show has been such an obsession of mine for so long and I'm very excited about a new recording.
Mcdonald and Lewis in Porgy and Bess Hits Broadway
 Jun 29 2011, 03:47:23 PM
Fair, I suppose I should have said that I have never posted before. Poor wording, I apologize.
Mcdonald and Lewis in Porgy and Bess Hits Broadway
 Jun 29 2011, 03:39:39 PM
Hey, I'm new to the board, but I just saw this bit of news and love reading everyone's thoughts. I love the show and Audra and am excited for her performance.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/152294-Norm-Lewis-Audra-McDonald-Porgy-and-Bess-Will-Play-Broadways-Richard-Rodgers-Theatre

Fairly certain this may mark her fifth (?) Tony...

Patti LuPone Says Everyone Will Hear Streisand Fart
 Mar 30 2011, 12:57:30 AM
I know Catherine Zeta-Jones was being bandied about to play Madame Rose in a Rob Marshall directed Gypsy during the time that the Lupone Gypsy was running or had just ended. He mentioned it during his NY1 interview.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You