News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for buskeat

buskeat Profile Photo
Member Name: buskeat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Riedel -- High Fidelity & Pirate Queen in Trouble
 Nov 10 2006, 02:01:50 PM
Frank Galati's in rehearsals for his new adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" at Victory Gardens Theater, which opens on Dec. 1st. That may explain his absence from "The Pirate Queen" for the past week.

Rob

re: Chicago URINETOWN to close May 7
 Apr 27 2006, 11:53:27 AM
I thought there was no way for this open run to last. Far too expensive to produce, and to rent the theater in the Wrigleyville neighborhood, and THEN to ask off-Loop theatergoers to pay way more than they normally do for tickets? Plus, foot traffic consists mostly of drunken Cubs fans who have no interest in musical theater.

It just wasn't going to happen.

re: Munk's FESTEN review
 Mar 31 2006, 10:04:55 AM
I have always been blown away by Ali MacGraw's total inability to read a line of dialogue. Her casting in this play caused me to cross this off my list of things-to-see on my New York trip this spring.
re: The Last 5 Years in Chicago
 Feb 14 2006, 04:37:14 PM
What is the La Costa Theatre Company? New folks?
re: CHITA advertises last weeks
 Feb 9 2006, 04:36:54 PM
Nothing beats "Bring Back Birdie"
re: Jack Noseworthy Out of Lestat: Broadway.com
 Dec 22 2005, 11:22:36 PM
I just remember seeing Jack Noseworthy in the pre-Broadway run of "Sweet Smell of Success" in Chicago and thinking it was the single worst performance I had ever seen in my life. Then again, it wasn't a very good show...
re: Chicago Theater recommendation?
 Dec 2 2005, 11:14:44 AM
Dessa Rose is running at Apple Tree Theatre in Highland Park, which is not too far from the city.

re: Sweeney's run
 Nov 10 2005, 10:43:49 AM
Here's a question: When is the new block of tickets going on sale and where can one generally find that info about shows currently running? I'll be in New York in April and am starting to gobble up tickets.
Question about Lestat Opening Night in New York
 Oct 26 2005, 08:10:48 PM
Hello all,

Here's a question. I just got an e-mail alert that American Express cardholders can get tickets for Lestat in New York starting today but....tickets don't seem to be available for the opening night on Thursday April 13th. Is that normal? Do opening night tickets take longer to become available to the public normally?

Thanks

Rob

re: DESSA ROSE set for November release
 Sep 19 2005, 08:06:22 AM
FYI, for you Midwesterners out there, I just found out "Dessa Rose" is having its midwest premiere at Apple Tree Theatre in suburban Chicago in December.
re: Princess Bride Cast Musings
 Aug 12 2005, 12:32:03 PM
I know he's probably way too old, but why not just have Mandy reprise Inigo? Just stick that black curly hair on there and cover his wrinkled puss with the mustache and there you go.
re: Movies that should NEVER be turned into Broadway musicals
 Aug 2 2005, 10:56:53 AM
There was actually a show called "Jedi! The Musical" in Chicago about eight years ago and ran until Lucas sent a cease-and-desist letter.

Really, I think any movie could be made into a good musical, as long as they know what to do with it. I don't know, who'd've thunk Pygmalion or Anna and the King of Siam could be musicalized?

However, there's no way a musical should be made of Andy Warhol's Empire.

Rob

Shining City
 Jul 13 2005, 10:34:00 AM
I was just browsing Telecharge and I noticed that "Shining City" is scheduled to start previews on October 18th and open on November 10th at the Schoenfeld Theatre. Has anyone here seen this in London? I'm unfamiliar with Conor McPherson's work. Sounds intriguing:

"Direct from an acclaimed run at London’s Royal Court Theatre, where it mesmerized theatergoers, this latest play by Conor McPherson (The Weir) arrives here as an exciting American premiere. Set in a Dublin therapist’s offi

re: City of Angels?
 Jul 12 2005, 03:06:48 PM
In Chicago, a new theatre company called "One Theatre Company" just opened City of Angels last night at the Athaeneum Theatre. It runs through August 7th. I'm interested in checking it out.
re: Caroline's Tesori May Score Shrek - playbill.com
 Jun 27 2005, 01:15:30 PM
I thought Yazbek was scoring this? Maybe I'm behind in my news.
re: Wicked in Chicago
 Jun 21 2005, 11:36:10 PM
The cast's first show is this Friday, I know that much.
re: On Golden Pond Posts Provisional Closing Notice for June 26
 Jun 21 2005, 11:34:34 PM
The most important thing of all:

Best wishes to the great Mr. Jones for a quick recovery.

re: Everyone wants Mullally back on Broadway
 Jun 18 2005, 04:18:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that she's signed up to do a daytime talk show starting in the Fall of 2006. I'm sure she'd be marvelous at it, but what's the success rate of those things?
re: Virginia Woolf posts closing notice
 Jun 16 2005, 05:08:51 PM
This is a real shame. I loved the show. AND I sat in the balcony. AND I was a tourist! I must be some kind of a weirdo.
re: Weisslers to produce Apprentice musical....
 May 20 2005, 10:50:51 AM
And exactly how will they put this up in one year without a librettist and composer attached to the project yet?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You