News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChrisBroad

ChrisBroad Profile Photo
Member Name: ChrisBroad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help me select a play!
 May 7 2019, 01:44:26 PM

Thanks for the help, all!

I might not have been clear - I have already seen many shows of the current season, and have several more booked for this upcoming visit.  The three I have listed are the ones I am interested in and have not seen.

It sounds like most of the votes are for Frankie&Johnny, with a few for Network.

Help me select a play!
 May 7 2019, 03:15:45 AM

I have an upcoming NYC visit scheduled, with a full slate of shows booked.  But there is still one remaining slot to fill.

I am currently considering these three shows:

Network

Frankie and Johnny

All My Sons

Which show to choose?  I appreciate any advice, votes, reviews, etc!

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 30 2019, 06:12:45 PM

Come From Away is up for May 1

HELP ME PICK: Tootsie or The Prom
 Mar 25 2019, 07:48:36 PM

If you are planning on being back in the next year, I'd go with The Prom.  In case it closes before you return.  Tootsie should still be here for your next visit.

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START
 Mar 25 2019, 07:46:27 PM

Tootsie is on TDF right now for 29th and 30th

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 24 2019, 09:49:24 PM

Rogerdellibovi said: "Wait how would you even say this as 2 syllables?"

When I read the title for the first time, not knowing the plot, I read it as HAYds-town.  Later, I learned the plot, which should make it obvious is it HAY-dees-town.  And yet, my brain is stuck on my first impression, and I keep having to correct myself.

Seating question for those who have seen it - how bad does the first row look?  Row C is the first row available, an

Hamilton seating input
 Mar 23 2019, 10:34:54 AM

I saw Hamilton Front Mezz A and front orchestra.  LOVED Mezz.  You can see the whole stage and take in all the choreo.  The closer orchestra seats allowed me a better view of the actors' faces, but I personally preferred the whole stage view from Mezz.

I have't done Box seats at Richard Rodgers, but you will likely have a better view of the actors, but almost certainly an obstructed view of the stage.  Personally, I have never sat in a box that I enjoyed.&nb

Two show days: what do you do in between them?
 Mar 23 2019, 01:23:02 AM

Hudson Yards just opened, so that's new.

I actually really like to take gym classes when I am in NYC, but I do see how that might be difficult between shows.  But there are always such weird and interesting ones that I've never tried, so I love it.  I'm also a big shopper, so lord have mercy on my wallet if there's an awesome sample sale while I'm in town.

I follow FOMOFEED on instagram for ideas on cool new art displays and the like.  There ar

OKLAHOMA! Previews
 Mar 22 2019, 12:00:51 AM

Can anyone who has seen it comment on the seating? Usually I find nearly every seat in Circle in the Square to be good.  But there's often a section that has a tree or something in front of it for a while...  I appreciate any recs!

Do the floor picnic tables look worth springing for?

Fiddler in Yiddish - 92Y Talk
 Mar 20 2019, 11:34:20 PM

Thanks, CT2NYC!  That's super helpful, and encouraging to hear.

Fiddler in Yiddish - 92Y Talk
 Mar 20 2019, 10:59:20 PM

RaisedOnMusicals said "I thought there were supertitles though?"

I believe the previous poster was referring to the performance during the 92Y Talk.

Does anyone know of any discount codes for this show that don't blackout days?  FIBBXL313 doesn't work for Thursday matinees.  As of right now, telecharge tix are around $100 for the very last two rows of the theater ($70 for the last two rows, last two on the side). 

Mar 20 2019, 08:58:43 PM

I actually REALLY like curtain call pics for seat reviews.  Usually people post pics of the lowered curtain at the beginning of the show, with no one in front of them.  As a shortie, that tells me nothing.  Getting a sense of how the stage looks with actors on it and a head in front of you is MUCH better for me.

Recs for May NYC visit?
 Mar 20 2019, 06:14:47 PM

Ack!  

I actually have a UK trip planned as well, and I put that one on the wrong list.

Thanks!

Recs for May NYC visit?
 Mar 20 2019, 05:36:35 PM

Thanks,m all!

Fiddler stands a solid chance of making the cut, because it has shows on some odd days with few alternatives. Same for Tootsie and Betrayal.  Betrayal, in particular, I wouldn't otherwise see, but it is easy to squeeze it in.

The rest will come down to how excited I am at the prospect and seat availability.  Same for 54 Below performances.

But I am really hoping to find "other" kinds of show experiences and events.  If Fleabag ha

RECS FOR MAY NYC VISIT?
 Mar 19 2019, 11:12:37 PM

I will be in NYC the end of May, and plan to see a batch of shows.

Currently my list of maybes is 16 shows long, so hopefully I can winnow that down a bit lol. The contenders: Hadestown (definitely), Oklahoma (excited for tonight's reviews!), Beetlejuice, Tootsie, Kiss Me Kate, Be more Chill, The Ferryman (definitely), The Prom (definitely), To Kill a Mockingbird, King Lear, Network, Betrayal, Gary, All My Sons, Burn This, Frankie and Johnny.

But I was hoping people can recommen

Harry Potter tickets for sale today (14th)
 Oct 14 2018, 11:06:22 AM
I have 4 tickets to today’s pair of shows that I cannot use. It’s last minute, but hopefully someone here is interested.
They are Dress Circle R , row G. I am looking for $300 per ticket set (the afternoon and evening show). I can do Ticketmaster transfer so you get the tickets directly in your account. PM me if interested, thanks!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You