News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kateerin

kateerin Profile Photo
Member Name: kateerin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Comic Songs
 Jul 27 2006, 04:36:07 PM
"You Don't Know" from ...Millie
re: Benjamin Eakeley Love Thread!
 Jun 4 2006, 12:59:25 PM
Understudy in Sweeney Todd. Been on a bunch!
re: 2/19 Pajama Game and Sweeney Todd
 Feb 21 2006, 12:50:19 PM
I just need to threadjack and brag for a moment. Ben Eakeley is one of my best friends and I'm so incredibly proud of him! So glad I got him to perform with me before he was famous!!!
re: Sweeney Todd 2/14
 Feb 16 2006, 11:10:04 AM
If you saw this particular "A Little Priest" you'd totally understand why people would be making out. it's HOT!
re: Once again, any understudies in Sweeney lately?
 Jan 13 2006, 04:02:34 PM
Benjamin Eakeley made his broadway debut as The Beadle for Alex Geminiani.
re: Thou shalt Not- The sequel
 Jan 6 2006, 09:29:41 AM
I really enjoyed Thou Shalt Not. There were aspects about it that I didn't like (next time cast a young woman who can sing...), but over all the honest to God flavor of New Orleans was vibrant and well, and though it was a weak book, the score was wonderful (Tony Nom) and the direction and choreography (Stroman) were excellent. I went on to find the Emil Zola source material - based on my experience with the show. Of course the absolute BEST thing was Norbert Leo Butz's performance.
re: Sweeney Todd Question(Original Production)
 Jan 3 2006, 01:44:03 PM
Undoubtedly it is in their contract and they are fairly compensated for it.
re: Sweeny Todd Questions. Please Help!
 Jan 3 2006, 12:58:55 PM
you can get obstructed view orchestra seats at the box office for 36.00. Don't think you'll have a problem getting them.

I've been recommending to friends whho've never seen the show to at least read a synopsis before going. Can't hurt, and may help you enjoy it better.

Have fun!

re: Arrogant Male Songs
 Dec 16 2005, 12:44:36 PM
"Jackie" from Jacques Brel...
re: HOLIDAY INN as a stage musical???
 Nov 18 2005, 12:41:23 PM
I wrote this as a pitch for a project in my producing class. hahaha!

I thoroughly support it, though my reasoning ended up being teh exact same as the reasons for White Christmas! Oh well... I also thought Princess Bride would make a great musical years ago.

re: Orchestra Members Going On Strike
 Oct 18 2005, 03:47:22 PM
The musicians struck because producers wanted to lower the minimum number of musicians per show and/or use virtual orchestras. Then IATSE followed in support of the musicians. this forced AEA to also join. Most of the shows were closed, and without an IATSE member present, in most cases no one was even allowed in the theatres.
What's The Best Rock Opera Musical Ever?
 Aug 8 2005, 03:42:05 PM
Tommy, JCS no question in my mind.
re: Sweeney Todd has found a theatre
 Jul 14 2005, 04:08:37 PM
My understanding is that they are in the process of sorting out contracts with the Musician's union, as the actors will also be the musicians. Until then, no "Official" announcement.
re: 'sandy' in grease
 Jun 14 2005, 09:33:02 AM
As the person playing Sandy you can not think of her as simple. Even if the script is poorly written, do your homework and fill in the blanks. What drives her? What makes her go? If you are lost think to when you were 15 or 16 (presuming your older then that now.) At that age, most girls were single-mindedly focused on boys and love... Which is Sandy. Her goal is to get Danny. How many different ways are there to do that?

My advice: forget "simple" forget "ingenue" and go for

re: always give you the chills?
 Jun 8 2005, 12:20:20 PM
The opening number of Ragtime.
re: Help with dance questions
 May 24 2005, 04:54:35 PM
a fantastic site for all MT research is www.musicals101.com
re: Actors - What roles are you currently playing?
 May 23 2005, 01:37:48 PM
Just finished Eliza Doolittle. Now I'm directing/choreographing Bye Bye Birdie!
re: big audition time
 May 17 2005, 01:42:25 PM
I recommend looking at "My Fair Lady," "She Loves Me," "Bye Bye Birdie" (How Lovely to Be a Women would fantastic for your age and range and is never done because your age group tends to think of the old shows as boring), "Me and My Girl," "Brigadoon" and anything Rodgers and Hammerstein/Hart
re: Steinhardt vs. Tisch
 May 16 2005, 08:12:39 AM
I couldn't get through all of the responses without getting upset, so let me clarify something about Steinhardt. IT IS EXTREMELY ACTING INTENSIVE. Yes it is a vocal performance program, however, Not only do you have acting class, you also have acting class in song, and musical theatre scene study. These people can sing and act! Well. It does lack in the dancing focus, but hello(!) they did A Chorus Line last year!

Both programs are good. You'll be happy at either. But make sure yo

re: Here's a challenge...find me a song for class.
 Feb 11 2005, 03:38:41 PM
Unworthy of your Love... Assasins?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You