News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for elphieisperky

elphieisperky Profile Photo
Member Name: elphieisperky
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hi guys! Um, let's see. You can obviously see my favorite shows and performers from looking below, right? So that's covered. I'm an actress myself, and I have a strong passion to make it to Broadway someday! I've seen, oh God, over 25 shows. Living in NY is pretty useful that way.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Idina at Town Hall
 Jun 26 2008, 01:00:46 AM
I was there with my friend. I'm a bit tired, so I won't write much, but I will say that she was amazing. I've seen Idina in Wicked and SWIWS and such, but I've never seen her in an actual concert, so this was definitely a treat. I agree, Roxanne was out of this world. So was Defying Gravity for the encore, Here, Brave (my favorite new song of hers), and all of her stories. Loved the wedding singer bit. And there was this whole thing about how she never got a bat mitzvah because she dropped out o
re: Goodbye, Jonathan & Lea!
 May 18 2008, 08:42:03 PM
Hey guys...so I just came back from the matinee. I'm totally not the best person for this review, because this was my first time seeing the show. I went with my 4 really good friends, two of which it was their first time as well. So I can't say I would know if they did anything different, because I've never seen SA before. But I can say that the experience was incredible. Even though it would be hard to tell for a first-timer, it was obvious that today was special. I can't imagine how tonight wi
re: Is He Dead? Worth it?
 Dec 2 2007, 05:19:52 PM
I saw it Friday night, and I thought it was great! Norbert was incredible, the whole audience was laughing hysterically. And Jenn Gambatese was great too. I totally recommend it.
Back to normal...so what's your next show?
 Dec 2 2007, 05:16:59 PM
I saw Is He Dead? Friday night...amazing!

And Little Mermaid is coming up next, in a few weeks. I'm not sure the exact date, because the tickets were supposed to be a Christmas present, and I accidentally found out. So we shall see! Oh, and Legally Blonde again with my cousin in early February.

re: Backstage at shows
 Aug 21 2007, 12:46:16 PM
A really great friend of my grandma's happens to be Idina Menzel's uncle. So I got to go backstage and meet her after a performance of Wicked. I'll never forget it. It was in October 2004, and on my 13th birthday. She treated me like I was the celebrity, and was so sweet to me. She answered all of my questions, including if she had fun working with Taye when he was in Wicked for a while. She said it was like a second honeymoon! And when I turned around one more time as we left, she waved and mou
re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Jul 31 2007, 06:39:48 PM
It was a great night. Wow. I'm not going to do a major review or anything, you guys pretty much took care of that :) But wow. And the energy within the whole cast was amazing. A lot better than when I saw them in January. Adam's little dance at "I'm Roger" was adorable. He's adorable. Like hearthatstrue said, Troy made a great Collins, his I'll Cover You Reprise was so touching. I was utterly thrilled by how great Tamyra was. Out Tonight was really good and she had a lot of fun with it. Merle an
re: Fun Game- The cast Recording of your life
 May 29 2007, 10:18:43 PM
OPENING: Voice Mail #2 - Rent

WAKING UP: Rent - Rent

FIRST DAY AT SCHOOL: Thoroughly Modern Millie Opening - Thoroughly Modern Millie (these first three are so on!)

FALLING IN LOVE: Javert's Intervention - Les Miz (whoops, lost the streak there)

FIGHT SONG: Seasons of Love - Rent

BREAKING UP: Gimme Gimme - Thoroughly Modern Millie (that's amazing!)

PROM: What is This Feeling? - Wicked (aw, that's cute!)

LIFE: Which Door - Apple Tree

re: 'American Idol' Diva Tamyra Gray Is Mimi in Rent May 29-Nov. 25. Break a leg Tamyra!!!
 May 29 2007, 06:09:42 PM
"I will likely be attending Adam and Anthony's first performance...so I'll also see Tamyra's Mimi then!"

I'm going to their first performance...so I guess I'll see Tamyra too. I'm sure she'll do a good job. I always liked her voice.

re: Has anyone else that's seen Grey Gardens....
 May 28 2007, 08:16:50 PM
Grey Gardens left me very emotional at the end as well. I saw it with my mom and her sister, my aunt. Their mother died a few years ago, and that was kind of how life was like. Not the cans and everything in the walls, but just the way the family was held together, and how much older Edie was like my grandma. My mom and my aunt (who look and sound extremely alike, and scared Christine Ebersole half to death when they both tried to talk to her), told her at the stage door that they saw my grandma
re: Rate The Following Broadway Shows 1-10
 May 28 2007, 08:50:47 AM
Avenue Q- 7
Grey Gardens- 10
Legally Blonde- n/a
Rent- 8
Curtains- n/a
Les Miz- 9.5
XanadU- n/a
Mary Poppins- 7
The Pantom of the Opera- 5
The Drowsy Chaperone- 8.5
Spring Awakening- n/a

re: Christine Ebersole in Grey Gardens.
 Apr 27 2007, 03:36:12 PM
The Girl who has Everything is a good song, but it's certainly not my favorite. My three picks are Another Winter in a Summer Town, The Revolutionary Costume for Today, and Around the World.

But as for Grey Gardens...one of the best shows I've seen in a while. I had no idea I would like it that much. And Christine Ebersole was incredible. I hope she wins the Tony, I really do. She was so humble and sweet at the stage door too. Anyway, quite a talent, and an amazing show.

re: Idina Q&A
 Apr 11 2007, 05:43:15 PM
I saw the Q&A. I had been waiting on it for a while :) It was really great, she had very sweet and thoughtful responses.
re: Norbert Leo Butz and Michelle Federer are engaged!
 Feb 3 2007, 09:36:24 AM
Oh, this is so exciting! Congrats!
re: Young Children in the Audience of COMPANY
 Dec 30 2006, 09:57:27 AM
YankeeFan, I was there on the same night as you, and I was practically right next to those people. It was actually pretty weird, they were there one second (the person in front of them gave the boy his coat to borrow, so he could see better), and the next second, they were gone! I didn't see them complain though, that's ridiculous, IMHO. They should have known what the show was about.
re: PRESENTS 2006 :)
 Dec 25 2006, 07:08:13 PM
My Broadway-related gifts:
tickets to see Company on Wednesday :)
Dreamgirls t-shirt (I actually got this one myself at the Zigfeld on Friday)
another Playbill binder
2 more Playbill frames

re: First Broadway Show
 Dec 4 2006, 04:51:01 PM
Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby in late 1998. I was about 7, but it wasn't until I saw Cats when I was 8 that I started loving Broadway. What's funny is, Cats is my least favorite show now. Hmmm :)
re: Les Miz Stage Door
 Nov 12 2006, 10:15:24 PM
Oh, me! I stage doored! I actually didn't write a review like I had planned, so I might as well talk about the stage door (This all happened on Friday, November 10th). So I got autographs from basically all the principles. Daphne...she was an angel. She looked at me, and said, "I really like to look at the people I'm signing autographs for. What's your name?" I said, "Angela." She then signed "To Angela" on the Playbill. I mean, I suddenly felt so bad! People are trashing her (I wasn't crazy abo
re: Elphie's on the line...(Charlotte's out, but what a show, 11/6)
 Nov 7 2006, 09:31:53 AM
"Alisan Porter's mom was not the original Bebe, but she played the role on tour."

Oh, okay! Got it.

Elphie's on the line...(Charlotte's out, but what a show, 11/6)
 Nov 7 2006, 12:08:24 AM
Hey guys! Wow. What a show. I'll get to my emotional feelings later, but for now, here's the review. To make a quick summary, the acting was incredible, the singing was out of this world, and the dancing...holy moly. Here's who was out: Vicki, Butch, Tricia, and Cassie (Nadine Isenegger was in the role. People around me were extremely upset) Anyways, I may skip a few people here, let me know if you wanted anyone else specific:

Michael Berresse (Zach)-Great. Perfect acting, the whole Cas

re: Have you ever walked out of a show? Or seen others walk out?
 Nov 5 2006, 12:41:11 PM
I've never walked out of a show. But when I saw Drowsy, an elderly couple left during 'Message from a Nightingale', and didn't come back until near the end. It was weird.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You