News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Over_the_Moon

Over_the_Moon Profile Photo
Member Name: Over_the_Moon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thanksgiving week schedule?
 Oct 12 2008, 05:22:23 PM
I've been able to find Thanksgiving week performance schedules for 2005, 2006, and 2007, but haven't for 2008--anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks!

re: Anybody watch Drowsy on the parade Yesterday??
 Nov 24 2006, 06:57:04 PM
As wonderful as the performance was, did anyone else find it to be a little awkward looking?
re: 'Wait.. why is everyone laughing?' Moments
 Nov 24 2006, 06:55:31 PM
It bothers me how everyone dies of laughter on the "blonde" line in "What is this feeling?"

Yeah, it's supposed to be funny, but is it really that funny?

re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
 Nov 23 2006, 10:12:58 PM
-Assassins-
Ballad of Booth: "Let them cry dirty traitor..." gives me tinglies.
Ballad of Czolgosz: "I'm told that in his spare time, he enjoys collecting COINS!" cracks me up

-The Last Five Years-
All of the repeating of melodies is so gorgeous, I love it all.
Nobody Needs to Know: "Praying I'll hold you again" tinglies.

-The Light in the Piazza-
Say it Somehow: "I think I hear the sound of wrap your arms around me" makes me swoon

-Titanic-

re: disability & theater
 Nov 13 2006, 09:57:52 PM
At a local high school, in past years, there was a girl in drama that was deaf, and they always did something creative with her in the plays. I can't think of one where it didn't affect the character, though.

Along the same lines, for Get Smart, last year, one of our guys was temporarily wheelchair bound due to a leg injury. Our director wrote in a bunch of other detective type characters from the time period, and made this particular boy Ironside.

re: Getting a new cast recording, tearing off its plastic wrapping, and put
 Nov 5 2006, 08:24:48 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with jukebox musicals, as long as there's not an overload of them. Shows are based on other things all the time. Books, movies, someone's life... why should every single show be written from scratch?
re: If you could choose one...
 Oct 31 2006, 07:22:50 PM
Debating between Cabaret and Into the Woods. Cabaret is my favorite, but I think I could watch ITW more...
re: what shows need to close?
 Oct 30 2006, 09:02:31 PM
Not Times.
re: Gilligan's Island The Musical???
 Oct 30 2006, 03:36:44 AM
Saw a regional production a few years ago. Enjoyed it. That's about all I know.
re: How long will 'The Times...' last?
 Oct 28 2006, 04:52:38 PM
Forever, duh.
re: The Soup and The Times They Are A Changin'
 Oct 28 2006, 01:22:56 PM
Well get ready for more ridiculousness, because the whole show is like that, crazy and a complete mess.

I'm aware of the state of the rest of the show, and I still really enjoyed it. I know a lot of it is ridiculous, I did chuckle at places that I don't think were supposed to be chuckled at, but I would pay to see it again!

re: The Soup and The Times They Are A Changin'
 Oct 28 2006, 01:46:14 AM
This was the first I had seen of The View performance, and yes, I'll admit, it was pretty ridiculous.

Why the yoga balls, Times, why?

re: 'Times They Are A-Changin' Reviews
 Oct 27 2006, 12:02:49 AM
Hoping it lasts long enough for a cast recording...
re: What show would you be absolutely devestated about if it closed?
 Oct 26 2006, 05:37:05 PM
...The Times They Are A-Changin'
re: The Times they are A' Changin'
 Oct 26 2006, 05:33:57 PM
It's not a theatrical masterpiece, but I will continue to love this show and stand up for it!

*stands*

re: Wedding Singer to Close 12/31/06
 Oct 26 2006, 12:05:36 AM
To whoever said that someone needs to find Stephen Lynch a new job... he's got one. Lynch is a successful comedian with multiple albums.
re: Boob Jobs
 Oct 22 2006, 11:01:07 PM
If a girl is unhappy with her chest (or any part of her body) to the extent of it ruining her life, she does enough research, chooses a good surgeon, and is responsible, why not?

I, personally, don't see how a physical feature could upset someone SO MUCH that they would go through the pain (physically and financially) to fix it, but if they're willing, what the hey?

re: did any one see good vibrations
 Oct 22 2006, 09:27:43 PM
Marry me, bryan

re: What should i see next
 Oct 22 2006, 08:08:46 PM
The rest have closed since*

Look around the board, read reviews, see if any of your favorite performers are in anything at the moment. Don't ask us. We don't know what you like. Go away.

re: First musical that you ever saw...
 Oct 22 2006, 12:50:45 PM
A bunch of regional shows, not sure which was first. I think Guys and Dolls is the first one I remember.

First professional show was the CATS tour. First Broadway show was Rent.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You