News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dgjbear

Member Name: dgjbear
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Light Princess  Sep 30 2013, 06:46:18 AM
This sounds great! Was wondering how it was shaping up before I get a ticket. The National are just great at musicals, and so nice to see something brand new.
Les Miserables soundtrack album for release on 12/24/12  Nov 20 2012, 08:08:20 AM
The soundtrack to Evita was first released as a highlights album and a 2 disc set was released some weeks later.
What ALW shows should be revived ASAP!?  Aug 19 2010, 10:27:28 AM
I loved the last revival of Evita....why are they touring that dated version?

JCS was the thing that got me into theatre when I was about 8 so that is close to my heart.

And Sunset was just fantasic - though just didnt fancy the new version...

POLL: Who Would You Like in a WICKED Film?  Jul 12 2010, 05:14:26 AM
Christina Aguilera has the vocal chops for Elphaba - is she too old though?
Les Miserables or Love Never Dies?  Apr 27 2010, 06:08:15 AM
LND - Les Mis hasn't aged well.
re: NINE - the movie musical - website is live!  Nov 3 2009, 07:31:37 AM
I don't much about this show and never heard the music but the trailer is a real thrill.

Does anyone know when the CD is out as there is no listing on Amazon?

re: UnGLEEful  Oct 22 2009, 07:57:39 AM
GLEE is refreshing. If you don't like it....change the channel and leave it to those that do.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold  Apr 30 2009, 10:06:31 AM
I would say about 50& of people on this site are really up themselves.
re: Caroline O'Connor as Velma in Australia !!!  Apr 30 2009, 10:04:04 AM
I didnt know she had been in Chicago in London I probably would have gone. I've only ever seen her in Mack n Mable in London. I'd never heard of her before and she left me speechless. Think she would be a great Norma Desmond.
re: Jesus Christ Superstar - the best recording???  Apr 8 2009, 08:13:50 AM
This was the music that got me into theatre in 1972! I haven't heard all the versions but my personal favorite is the 1997 London version - Steve Balsamo's voice is amazing (also saw and liked that version a lot). 2nd is the movie version.
re: What's your favourite musical?  Feb 2 2009, 05:36:03 AM
It's between Evita and Sweeney Todd for me.
re: Patti Lupone STOPING GYPSY DURING PERFORMANCE  Jan 12 2009, 05:47:56 AM
2 wrongs don't make a right - taking pictures is incredibly rude to the people sat around you not just the performers. LuPone completely over-reacted and the audience should have booed her.
re: Adam Pascal in Phantom in a year?  Jan 6 2009, 06:15:50 AM
Maybe he is aiming for the role in Phantom 2
re: Who are Stephen Sondheim's favorite composers?  Jan 5 2009, 04:53:30 AM
Where did you get that from Dramarama? He was sat behind me at Parade at the Donmar in London in December 2007. He really seemed to be enjoying himself too.
re: Underrated Sondheim Songs  Nov 12 2008, 05:42:01 AM
'Memory' from Cats
Awkward Stage Door Moments  Aug 19 2008, 09:15:49 AM
(Quote) 'glitterandjazzhands, if you're serious, I think what you did was incredibly disrespectful. Her son is not someone in the public eye, he's only 17, and you put him in an incredibly embarrassing and uncomfortable situation. I honestly think that by doing that, you showed that you have no respect for either him or his mother. I wish Patti was there to tell you this herself. '

Jees givesmevoice - loosen up. Who are you to scold people on this board? Can stand that 'superior' attitu

re: Sondheim - The Story so Far 4 CD Box Set  Aug 19 2008, 05:55:07 AM
Looks fantastic....cant see it anywhere on Amazon though
re: West Side Story Revival -Same Old Choreography  Aug 6 2008, 06:27:58 AM
I agree that the staging and choreography should be new. The set and staging of Gypsy is at best tired.

I know the original WSS chorography is stunning, but someone like Matthew Bourne could really bring something new to it. It wont detract from the greatness of the original, but it could compliment it.

Don't be afraid of change!!!!

re: Norton, Gallagher, James to star in McPherson's PORT AUTHORITY at the A  Mar 28 2008, 10:24:50 AM
Ohhh, I never miss a Conor McPherson musical!
re: London Evita Revival will NOT head to Broadway  Feb 13 2008, 08:05:48 AM
I loved this version - far superior to the HAl Prince original (though I liked that too). It s a shame it dodnt do that well, but I hope to get to see it again if it tours.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You