SEMINAR Rush Inquiry

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#1SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 11/7/11 at 3:59pm

What is the current situation regarding the Wednesday matinee rush? I'm going to a taping of Anderson Cooper's talk show in the morning and can't get there when the box office opens.

SHould I TDF it?

(Also, does SEMINAR have merch? I'm trying to budget myself as I have BONNIE AND CLYDE at night)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bwayfan7000
#2SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 11/7/11 at 4:05pm

I believe the Seminar rush goes on sale two hours before the performance, not when the box office opens.

ETA-This is the official policy:

Student Rush: $29.50 - available at the Box Office on the day of the performance only, two hours prior to curtain. Subject to availability. One ticket per valid and current student ID. Seating is best available.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim
Updated On: 11/7/11 at 04:05 PM

oks50cent Profile Photo
oks50cent
#2SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 12/27/11 at 9:52pm

I was wondering if anyone has tried during the Holiday season and where are the seats?

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#3SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 12/27/11 at 10:36pm

I rushed it three weeks ago on a Friday night. We arrived at about 7:15 and were able to get 2 rush tickets. The man at the box office was strict about checking the ID's and also about the one-per-ID rule. The seats were on the side in the rear mezz, but the theater is so small that I felt like the seats were perfectly fine--certainly a great deal for less than $30!

wicked_beast4 Profile Photo
wicked_beast4
#4SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 12/27/11 at 11:29pm

TDF seats for this were alright for this as well— about the same location as where Luminous said the rush seats were.

Side note: The Golden is a truly hideous theatre. The bright mustard yellow and aged white, coupled with the chipping walls, do the poor architecture no favors.

"He found something that he wanted, had always wanted and always would want— not to be admired, as he had feared; not to be loved, as he had made himself believe; but to be necessary to people, to be indispensable." -F. Scott Fitzgerald's This Side of Paradise
Updated On: 12/27/11 at 11:29 PM

Jcookie1213 Profile Photo
Jcookie1213
#5SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 1/5/12 at 1:22am

Anyone know what time I should get there for a Saturday Matinee? My friend and I want to go this Saturday and are wondering what time we should get there.

Jcookie1213 Profile Photo
Jcookie1213
#6SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 1/5/12 at 1:33pm

*bump*

softershade Profile Photo
softershade
#7SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 1/14/12 at 5:17pm

BUMP again!

Does anyone know how crowded rush has been lately? I'm planning on trying for an upcoming Friday night if anyone has any insight. Also, where have the seats been lately?

pat_NYborn Profile Photo
pat_NYborn
#8SEMINAR Rush Inquiry
Posted: 1/14/12 at 5:41pm

Just attempted a rush last Sunday actually! According to the box office people it has been sold out lately and infact the day I went they didnt even have any rush seats so I had to buy a $50 ticket...top of the mez..wasnt a bad view though. They were telling me that the rush is really depending on how they are selling and lately they have been selling well. also fyi they are currently selling til march 18, and there has been some talk about a possible extension since sales have been great

hope this helps! my advice if u are limited for time like I was just try and nab to $50 if you can..was just thankful the people at the box office were willing to come out at noon to tell us that they may not be selling rush tickets that day!