pixeltracker

Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie

Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie

Akitarent
#1Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 9:09pm

wow! Combing my two favorite things: Rent and Sex and the City! Last night I was able to see a sneak peek of the movie. In a very minor role (but words of wisdom) the girls are in the bathroom and low and behold, DRV overhears their conversation about love and men and puts her two cents in.

Completely random but great!

LittlexFallxOfxRain
#2re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 9:25pm

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for her. :)

into_the_woods2 Profile Photo
into_the_woods2
#2re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 9:31pm

yeah and annaleigh ashford is in it too!!!

"The good news is I have an excellent Tony speech. The bad news is I've had it for forty-five years."-Elaine Stritch

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#3re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 10:43pm

i cant wait to see the movie because its sex and the city and has a minor role for daphne.
yes annaleigh also has a minor role and she will have a minor role with her former delta nu sister pilar dequinna moore in the movie rachel getting married.
her are other minor roles played by some of our broadway actresses and actor:
kate rockwell, celina carvajal, and lin manuel miranda.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1000774/fullcredits#cast

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#4re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 10:52pm

re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie

Kate and Celina play young women Carrie encounters on 5th avenue. I don't think they have any lines but Carrie comes out of a store to find four women who resemble younger versions of Carrie and her friends walking down the street.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#5re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/28/08 at 11:03pm

lol, thats what i thought too eris0303....they did hire the perfect four who do look like the four leading leadies. love the picture. i think annaleigh might have a line or two...would love to see her do alot of theatre and film work, would love to see her on law and order episode.
two margots in sex and the city how ironic.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#6re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/29/08 at 4:52am

Umm... also Joanna Gleason, Malcolm Gets, Sara Gettelfinger, and Lisa Kron, but they don't matter because they weren't in "Legally Blonde", right? Sheesh.

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#7re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/29/08 at 5:27am

Will look for them!

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#8re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/29/08 at 5:46am

I'm disappointed that Marian Seldes didn't make it to this movie since she played Big's mother in Season 1 (and never appeared in the show again as far as I know). I was hoping she'd make an appearance for her son's wedding.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Alison88
#9re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 2:48am

Definitely saw Seth Stewart (In the Heights) in the scene where Miranda and her son are walking in the Chinese neighborhood. He's sitting on the front steps outside of the apartment. Anyone else catch this? Any other theatre folk that I missed in the movie?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#10re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 2:56am

Malcolm Gets? WHERE??

I must see him... oh he's been sorely missed on Broadway. re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#11re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 3:01am

Who was Annaleigh Ashford? I must have been in a cameo daze, man were there a billion, and missed her.

Were Julie Halston and Nathan Lane cut from their film? I adore their wedding episode.

TDH- Malcolm Gets brought Carrie and Big into the huge apartment with the small closet.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#12re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 3:04am

Were my friend and I the only two who saw Stephanie J. Block in the background at the dinner scene when Carrie tells her friends she and Big are getting married?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#13re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 3:20am

I didn't know Malcolm Gets was in the film. I love him! And Joanna Gleason...she's amazing. I may have to see this movie after all

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

crushgroove
#14re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 4:12am

Yeah it was even stated that by Julie Halston herself that she had a role in the movie. They must have cut it for time. The running times WAS 2hrs and 22mins. I really didn't want it to end...it was really great to re-visit the girls again. Maybe we'll get another visit in 5 years again.
Updated On: 5/31/08 at 04:12 AM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#15re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 4:24am

I'm sure the DVD will be packed with all kinds of cut scenes.

broadwayrob
#16re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 5:49am

I'm sure most know this by now. but Annaleigh Ashford is one of the job applicants for Carrie's personal assistant.

and i have to say she looks amazing on film.

what a pretty girl.

-r

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#17re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 6:25am

Ben, I noticed Stephanie J. Block as well...or at least I thought it was her.
Analeigh Ashford was the first annoying applicant to the assistant position.
Joanna Gleason was the therapist, Daphne Rubin-Vega is credited as "baby-voiced woman" which I think it's hilarious.
What part did Lin-Manuel Miranda play? I did not notice him.
How about Lisa Kron?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

gonepishing
#18re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 7:12am

What does Sara Gettelfinger do in the film?

IsolatingAge
#19re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 8:00am

I loved seeing all the Broadway actors in this movie. I think my mom was annoyed with me leaning over every five minutes to point them out an rattle off all their Broadway credits.

I can't believe I didn't spot Lin-Manuel. Where was he?

You must think I'm still sixteen. I dropped out of high school for a reason. And I don't care if you're pretty. I'm not admitting you are right. My soul is not a stage. I won't pretend I'm anything I'm not

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#20re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 8:13am

Lisa Kron was ****spoiler alert**** the waitress at Carrie's small "wedding reception" ****spoiler alert**** at the end of the film.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#21re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:03pm

I didn't notice Lin-Manuel either. I thought he might have been the waiter towards the end that placed food on a table and then went away really fast and never came back. If you blinked, you missed it. But I'm not completely sure if it was him because it was so fast.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#22re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:08pm

You know can you believe I missed Ashford because I ran to the bathroom. I ordered a "small" soda and got a bucket to drink out of!

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#23re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 12:11pm

spoiler***
The waitress at the restaurant Charlotte went to when her water broke and Big helped her out - she looked really familiar. The blonde one.
end of spoiler***

Also, what was Lin? I didn't see him. I noticed Daphne and Annaleigh and Kate Rockwell. It was kinda hard to miss Daphne and Annaleigh, IMO.

MerMaggieGalinda
#24re: Daphne Rubin Vega in Sex and the City Movie
Posted: 5/31/08 at 1:42pm

I'm pretty sure the waitress at that restaurant is on Gossip Girl...I think she plays Hazel, one of Blair/Jenny's "friends."