News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for markymatt

Member Name: markymatt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Confusing Lyrics
 Jan 6 2009, 11:44:54 AM
The Little Mermaid lyric is saying that the fish in the bowl is unhappy because he is in a bowl and not in the ocean, but he should count his blessings because one day he will end up being someone's dinner and THAT is when he should be unhappy.

And, TimesSquareRegular, I think you get the point of Tomorrow perfectly. Annie feels she will never get to tomorrow and get that happiness she is looking for.

re: New TKTS booth in Duffy Square (finally) opens tomorrow!
 Oct 16 2008, 11:32:28 AM
The TKTS Booth is in the middle of the most famous intersection in the world (arguably). So, I think it is completely appropriate for it to be "pretty" and more than just a trailer.

re: TDF cost > face value?
 Sep 26 2008, 02:53:11 PM
TonyVincent--I went back and re-read my posts to try to figure out where you might have thought I was accusing you of anything and I came up empty. Can I assume that since you put "don't hold water" in quotes, that you are confusing my post with boxboynyc's where he uses that phrase?

I do agree with your definition of "face value". Since tickets are not printed until they are paid for, the price on the ticket is what was paid. When trying to figure out how good of a deal someone got,

Sep 25 2008, 04:53:57 PM
yeah, not so good of a deal there--of course, not a bad deal either... especially if there were no other discounts available :)
 Sep 25 2008, 04:44:16 PM
When you say "face value", do you mean the price that's printed on the ticket or the regular price of the ticket? I think some people are under the misconception that if "$46" is printed on the ticket, it means that they would have paid $46 for the ticket without tdf (and therefore they are not getting a good deal) which is not true.
 Sep 25 2008, 03:14:00 PM
The price that's printed on the ticket is the price TDF paid which is not what you would pay if you went to the box office. You would pay full price (or use whatever discount you have) and that is the price that would then be printed on the ticket.
 Sep 25 2008, 02:49:16 PM
If the amount you paid is the amount you agreed to pay, I don't see what difference the price printed on the ticket is. TDF never says that you pay face value for the ticket. In fact, they say you don't. I guarantee you the producers know how much TDF is selling the ticket for (as do the auditors), so I don't see their not giving the theater the full amount that you pay as unethical at all.

No matter what price is listed on the ticket, seeing a Broadway show for under $35 is always

re: What Song....
 Jul 16 2008, 12:07:58 PM
Maybe "Were is my Prince" from Miss Spectacular? I think Nancy Dussault sang it on a tv special at one point.
re: GLORY DAYS closed per playbill
 May 7 2008, 05:02:36 PM
May 5-11: Monday @8pm; Tuesday (Opening Night) @6:45pm; Thursday-Saturday @8pm; Saturday @2pm; Sunday @3 and 7pm

According to playbill.com there was no show scheduled today.

re: Question about closing?
 May 7 2008, 04:42:00 PM
(1) Notice of closing. The Producer shall give to all Actors signed to
Term Contracts one week's individual notice in writing of the closing of
the production and Company or pay one week's salary in lieu thereof.

They have to give one weeks notice or pay the actors one weeks salary.

re: Phylicia Rashad as the Witch in INTO THE WOODS??
 May 2 2008, 03:15:37 PM
From Victoria Clark's website:

"Clark made her Broadway debut in 1985 in Sunday in the Park With George, and has been a Broadway regular ever since."

the fenchurch mpd collective hates paljoey
 Apr 15 2008, 01:30:12 PM
Why not just go to the source?

"A royalty fee is due whenever a play is presented in front of an audience- whether an admission is charged or not. This includes classroom presentations, benefits, or private shows. The fact that a performance is a free or benefit performances is taken into account when fees are quoted."

re: SOUTH PACIFIC - Help!
 Apr 7 2008, 11:59:04 AM
Just FYI (and making no assumptions about your grandmother):

re: This Years Revivals, history in the making?
 Apr 4 2008, 03:34:52 PM
Are you talking the Roundabout production of 1776 that moved from the Criterion to the Gershwin--a theatre almost four times bigger?
re: The Who's Tommy - Offensive?
 Feb 14 2008, 12:36:51 PM
How soon do you have to decide? I would recommend buying a copy of the libretto and letting her read it. A lot of time, if people have preconceived opinions, it's better to just let the material speak for itself.

But, you do have to remember--even though it was a mainstream Broadway musical in 1993, it was written by a rock band in pre-pc 1969.

re: IS HE DEAD? is closing?
 Feb 7 2008, 02:17:37 PM
Not sure about the email blast, but the website is advertising "last chance to save 50%". Maybe they meant to imply that the discount was ending, but it sounded more like the show is closing?
re: William Finn's MAKE ME A SONG will be stage in LONDON.
 Jan 30 2008, 10:23:32 AM
I have no doubt that the cast is high caliber or calibre, but your reasoning was that "H is a name. People in London know who he is. He was part of one of the best selling bands in the UK. So don't tell me he's not high caliber, because he is." Just because "people know who he is" does not mean he is "high caliber". Just like someone who is not well known is not necessarily of lesser quality. They are independent of one another.

Your original statement may very well be valid (alth

re: William Finn's MAKE ME A SONG will be stage in LONDON.
 Jan 30 2008, 10:03:29 AM
High calibre and high profile are not synonymous.
claymation live onstage in living color
 Jan 22 2008, 04:49:20 PM
for those interested, here's a transcription of what he said:

Sherri: How are you handling New York, cuz you’re from a real small town and now you’re in New York

Clay: You know, I’ve visited New York, but I’ve never been-- I don’t mean to say it in-hardly in a negative way, but I’m kind of like trapped, you know. Normally I can leave and go somewhere else but now, I’m here ‘till May 4th without question…

Interpret how you will, but those are the words in context.

re: I find this slightly amusing
 Dec 12 2007, 04:29:02 PM
I've been told different people have different opinions.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You