News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MissElphie

MissElphie Profile Photo
Member Name: MissElphie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Nov 1 2009, 07:58:49 AM
An embarassing 25 times. Most of those were lottery wins. Seen it on Broadway, in Detroit, Chicago and Toronto.

re: Spring Awakening TOUR: on-stage seats?  Feb 16 2009, 07:28:49 PM
canmark:

Onstage is $25 for the Toronto stop and it is the same seating chart as Broadway. There is a really great chart to go by here:
http://forum.theguiltyones.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=6igg21san14eu229pecqt1a391&topic=366.0

I think the onstage have been selling really well, though (I think closing is already sold out on stage). I couldn't get the exact seats I wanted, but I did get decent stage seats for two of the shows while it is in T.O. I'm so excited to finally have the chance to see this amazing show and to sit on stage.

re: Nicest Bway Star You've Ever Met??  Dec 28 2008, 10:40:52 AM
Idina Menzel. I had prepared myself for a big diva ego and attitude and instead she was incredibly sweet and down to earth.

I would also add David Hyde Pierce. We was super nice.

re: What Broadway stuff did you get for Christmas 2008?  Dec 27 2008, 11:59:39 PM
I bought myself tickets to see Adam and Anthony in the RENT tour, lol! Merry Christmas to me!
re: How can you get backstage tours? (Wicked preferably)  Dec 27 2008, 11:51:37 PM
I got backstage at Wicked by winning an auction. The only ways I know of are to win a contest or know someone.
re: Mirvish's 2008-2009 Season  Feb 4 2008, 06:16:40 PM
I am so excited about that season!!!
re: So.......does anyone like the Color Purple?  Aug 7 2007, 06:56:33 PM
I love the cast recording and finally got to see the show last weekend when I went to Chicago. I wasn't disappointed.
I thoroughly enjoyed it! I find many of the songs very moving and there are moments I get choked up every time. I think it is a show where you have to be in a certain mood to really get absorbed in it, but I would go and see it again!

re: Hairspray Reaction @ Your Theatre  Jul 22 2007, 07:34:48 PM
I went opening night, so it was pretty crowded. And the crowd seemed to LOVE it. They laughed a lot and cheered when it was over. In fact, during the end credits, when Nikki Blonsky's name appeared, the whole theatre burst into another round of applause. It was cool - like seeing a curtain call in a movie theatre.

All of my friends loved it too, and were happy I made them go with me.

re: FULL Film Soundtrack of HAIRSPRAY -- Now available in stream audio!  Jul 8 2007, 05:10:02 PM
I'm with you, joshy. The US only thing sucks.
re: Who's been invited backstage?  Jun 18 2007, 08:52:56 PM
I got to go backstage at Wicked. But that was because I won an auction. It cost me a pretty penny. It was still a cool experience, though. I got to watch a rehearsal where they were being taught the new "Dancing Through Life" choreography, see all the sets/wigs/costumes, and watch them paint Shoshana Bean green before the show. I wasn't supposed to, but I touched every prop, set or costume I could see.

re: 10-Minute Hairspray clip on MTV  May 24 2007, 05:19:52 PM
Stupid copyright laws won't let me watch the clip cause I'm not in the US. Boo!
re: EVIL DEAD in Toronto  May 5 2007, 08:26:05 PM
I really want to see it, but I am a wuss about scary things and gore. Does anyone know if it is really scary?
re: Hairspray Trailer in HD  May 4 2007, 09:20:24 PM
It looks so great! I'm so excited!
re: 'Spring' to Awaken in National Tour, Global Productions'  Apr 30 2007, 06:22:05 PM
This just made my day. Yay!
re: i hope these shows get cast cd made  Apr 30 2007, 06:19:59 PM
It looks like he gave up on In My Life & Lestat. Is he starting to see the light?

In My Life is there...along with "other to many to list now"(which could include Lestat)

re: Behind the Scenes Video: Backstage at Spring Awakening with Jonathan Gr  Apr 12 2007, 08:39:57 PM
Aww...I love that! That just made me so happy.
re: Broadway Show Keychains  Mar 30 2007, 05:44:10 PM
Weird that people keep saying they all break...

I collect keychains and have Broadway ones that are like 15 years old and have never fallen apart. In fact, I've never had one break on me...

I just don't use them at all. They all hang from a giant hook in my bedroom and I just add to it when I get a new one. I recommend not using them if you want them to stick around. It has worked for me.

re: Review: We Will Rock You in Toronto 15/3 (preview)  Mar 25 2007, 11:14:59 AM
The seats were fine for $20. I could see pretty much everything. Very little took place at the back of the stage, and anything that did only lasted a few moments. No big curtain except at the beginning and the end, but it does nto stay on the entire time.

re: Review: We Will Rock You in Toronto 15/3 (preview)  Mar 25 2007, 10:48:48 AM
So...how surprised was I this morning when I opened my Toronto Sun to the ad for We Will Rock You and see the following:

"Beyond Impressive.
I laughed, I clapped,
I cheered,
I sang along.
I will definitely be going back
- I alreay have tickets"
Posted by M. Elphie on broadwayworld.com chat board

I'm like, "That's Me! That's my review!" I just thought that was pretty cool.

re: Everyone's name?  Mar 19 2007, 10:23:54 PM
mine is pretty obvious. I'm a Wicked freak.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You