News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CopleyScott17

Member Name: CopleyScott17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMADEUS to be adapted into a series starring White Lotus' Will Sharpe
 Feb 22 2024, 11:21:37 AM

Very excited for this. Will Sharpe is a terrific actor (and quite a talented writer/director, too), oozing charisma and extremely easy on the eyes. He was definitely one of the main attractions of "White Lotus," but if you're concerned about his suitability for "Amadeus," check out "Giri/Haji" on Netflix. He's remarkably charismatic in an entirely different role, perhaps a little closer to Mozart.

Cole Escola is Mary Todd Lincoln in OH, MARY! Off-Broadway
 Feb 7 2024, 08:32:24 AM

A little Cole Escola goes a long way for me (especially after "Search Party") but I have been in love with James Scully since "You."  Exactly *how* sexy and deranged is he? devil

re: Rarest/most valuable playbills
 Dec 14 2023, 01:13:58 PM

From February of 2020 just before the Covid shutdown, I have "Hangmen" and "The Minutes" (which didn't officially open), and "West Side Story" (which didn't last long). I doubt they're valuable, but maybe they're pretty rare? 

Lyric Stage - BOSTON
 Sep 29 2023, 03:36:27 PM

Saw this Wednesday night, about half full, Center Left section, seat G1, great view.  The theater is very intimate, so I'm not sure there's a bad seat to worry about.  I'm going to try to post a link to a photo from the seat, but not sure if it's going to work.

As for the show, I've always liked the score, but it was nice to finally see it performed. Gave me a whole new level of appreciation for the depth and importance of the piece, which -- sadly -- has so much to say about where we are today as a society.

This production was well acted (Booth and Guiteau were standouts) and extremely well sung (especially the Balladeer and Guiteau again). The set was spare but effective, and the lighting was superb, with almost a Sweeney Todd vibe at times. I would highly recommend it, especially if you've only heard but never seen it. The synopsis in the liner notes doesn't do it justice.

"Peter Pan Goes Wrong" BBC?
 Sep 5 2023, 07:25:34 PM

Just discovered a full video of what seems to be a shorter, original British TV production of "Peter Pan Goes Wrong," free on YouTube. I thought it was pretty good, though probably would have been more fun to have seen it live (I really enjoyed "The Play That Goes Wrong" on Broadway). I'm curious if people are aware of this production, and how much it may have changed for the recent New York incarnation.

Favorite magic tricks and illusions in shows?
 Jun 29 2023, 04:12:26 PM

It's nothing groundbreaking or complicated, but the moment in "Life of Pi" when he dives off the boat is so perfectly orchestrated it took my breath away.  

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread
 Jun 29 2023, 04:09:18 PM

I'd kill to see this.  I've been a huge fan of Charlie Stemp since I saw him during Bernadette's run of "Hello, Dolly!"  He absolutely oozed charm and charisma.  

EVITA Revival on the way?
 Feb 28 2023, 07:55:35 AM

That is a brilliant casting idea!  I'm afraid he's too big/busy these days to commit to the A.R.T. production and potential Broadway run, but I would love to see it.  I think he's one of the most talented and charismatic young actors on the scene.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024
 Feb 28 2023, 07:52:36 AM

I'm very excited about this one, and have high hopes for the upcoming "Evita" as well.  I do have to disagree with your concert about A.R.T. staging. The recently mounted "Life of Pi" was very well done, and a couple of years back, before the shutdown, they did a SPECTACULAR job with "Moby-Dick," which totally deserves a second chance somewhere. There are also plans afoot to move to a new space, so I'm confident they'll continue to thrive.

Jokes, allusions or references that you didn't get until years later?
 Sep 18 2022, 02:53:35 PM

In "All For the Best" from "Godspell," there's a lyric that says "You'd bet that Job had nothing on you." As a heathen kid, I just assumed it meant getting fired from a job for no good reason. I didn't learn about the biblical Job until years later. In retrospect, the "mispronunciation" should have been a clue  

SING STREET begins previews tonight in Boston
 Sep 1 2022, 10:04:33 AM

***POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS***

Very enjoyable show, but definitely needs some work if they intend to go to Broadway with it.

Starts off very slowly with lots of exposition, and while the snippets of classic period tunes are very welcome, it seemed to take forever to get to the first original song. Most of the best things from the movie translate well to the stage, especially the upbeat original songs in the various '80s

Best Role/Songs for Non-Singers
 Aug 29 2022, 07:55:09 AM

I'm totally tone deaf but used to think I could maybe pull off Pilate in "Jesus Christ Superstar."  His songs seem almost in the same vein as the Rex Harrison speak/sing stuff, but maybe a tad more challenging.  Curious what others out here think on the topic.

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway
 Apr 16 2022, 03:51:07 PM

Glad to see so much discussion about this production -- was lucky enough to see it before the shutdown and really enjoyed it. But I'm curious -- I haven't seen anybody mention a particular bit of set-design stagecraft that completely blew me away. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but if it's still there, you'd know what I'm referring to. I hope they didn't have to change the staging in the re-mount -- losing Dan Stevens is tragic enough

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?
 Apr 6 2022, 02:53:52 PM

Would love to see Redmayne come here, but there's another Eddie who would make a spectacular emcee -- Eddie Izzard. 

PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
 Feb 7 2022, 12:13:50 PM

Almost two years to the day from when I saw this try out in Boston.  I wasn't overwhelmed, but it was perfectly pleasant, and I'm glad they're able to remount this production and bring it to Broadway at long last.  I know there have been a lot of folks looking forward to it!

McDonagh’s HANGMEN will return to Broadway
 Feb 1 2022, 12:59:11 PM

This was a fantastic production. I'm so glad more people will have a chance to see it, even without Dan Stevens, who was remarkable.  This time around, I hope the set/scenic designers get all the awards and accolades they deserve -- stunning work.

Roles that steal entire Broadway shows
 Nov 14 2021, 07:26:01 AM

Max Von Horn in "Tootsie," at least as played by John Behlmann, was the only thing I really liked about the production.  

Songs about falling into a toxic relationship?
 Oct 16 2021, 04:47:43 PM

"I Don't Know How To Love Him"

“Schitt’s Creek” star Noah Reid to replace Armie Hammer in “The Minutes”; Original Cast To Return
 Oct 16 2021, 08:07:47 AM

I agree 100% -- the play certainly wasn't boring, but it wasn't very good.  I'd much rather see "Hangmen" get another chance.  I thought it was brilliantly written, acted, and staged.  And in terms of charisma and star power, give me Dan Stevens over Armie Hammer any day.

THE MINUTES - SPRING 2022
 Jun 16 2021, 08:28:10 AM

I wasn't very impressed with "The Minutes," but it would be a real shame if they aren't able to bring "Hangmen" back.  That was a wonderful production, with fantastic performances (especially Dan Stevens) and one of the most memorable set changes I've ever seen.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You