pixeltracker

PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22

PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 10:13am

Just got an email that my tickets have been swapped out and the show will now begin previews at The Hudson on February 25th.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#2PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 10:17am

I’ve been really curious to see how this one plays, and the recent Mike Nichols bio has only piqued my curiosity. The first play is the strongest— or apparently played that way in 1968. Will that still be the same all these years later? 

Regardless, this is good news. I think this one will get some asses in seats and things cooking again, financially speaking. 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#3PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 10:31am

Anyone else having trouble with the ticket page?

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#4PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 11:38am

It’s working now. Those prices are…something. I’m interested but not that interested.

Jordan Catalano
#5PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 12:00pm

Yeah they’ve definitely raised their prices since they were initially on sale.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 12:03pm

The Hudson blows and is so difficult to deal with if something goes wrong. The prices were very expensive when this first came out. Now? Jesus Christ. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#7PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 12:15pm

Something tells me these will eventually drop quite a bit, especially when the dates are so far out that people may not even plan yet without something like a flexibility guarantee.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 12:31pm

jv92 said: "I’ve been really curious to see how this one plays, and the recent Mike Nichols bio has only piqued my curiosity. The first playis the strongest— or apparently played that way in 1968. Will that still be the same all these years later?

This production played Boston prior to the pandemic shutdown and heavily discussed on here:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1121194#

Tom5
#9PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 1:15pm

When Plaza Suite was first announced I was astonished at the level of interest from the public. Despite excellent reviews Neil Simon's previous revival closed almost immediately. I recently reread it and could see a decent (Not really funny) first act, a supposedly funny second act (But insanely out-of-date now) and quite funny third act. You can see why Neil Simon was...Neil Simon. But I was imagining George C. Scott who  was in the original production delivering the lines. Mathew Broderick would seem to be his opposite as an actor. A Spring opening in 2022 would seem to have been the wise choice although I think a Summer 2022 opening would still be safer. Good luck to them and I'll actually be seeing it if the world permits. 

schubox
#10PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 1:47pm

I know it’s a limited engagement, but is there any chance it extends? My rescheduled Music Man tickets are the week after this closes. Although at these prices I’m not sure I’d go anyway

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#11PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 1:53pm

Maybe? SJP is a busy lady though, so don't count on it.

Jordan Catalano
#12PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:10pm

It’s possible there’s an extension built in, but I suppose it would be based on ticket sales.

cjmclaughlin10
#13PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:11pm

Anyone able to reschedule by phone like the email said? Currently the dates are a week apart, but I would love to consolidate this and Music Man into one trip

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:26pm

The tickets were significantly cheaper when they announced the first reopening last March. These prices are just WOW! I hope the suckers with the bread to buy them enjoy the show. I will wait to see if they drop. I see this having an initial burst of interest and then drying up. Time will tell. I think the show is very dated but, SJP and Broderick in an Simon show is a quintessential NYC experience and I think people will convince themselves they like it more than they actually do just for the bragging rights. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jordan Catalano
#15PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:37pm

Besides “Music Man”, right now it’s the only “star studded” show for tourists to book for a vacation next year so I can see it selling fairly well.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#16PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:54pm

I’ll definitely keep an eye on prices. I could see demand going either way. Would love to see MB and SJP, but not at $200 in rear orchestra. Happy for everyone who has tix!

ETA: I bit the bullet and got rear dress circle tix for $150… Should be a fun time! 

Updated On: 6/29/21 at 02:54 PM

jr88 Profile Photo
jr88
#17PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 6/30/21 at 1:50pm

I received the email swapping my tickets - was very happy that they are the same seats on the same night of the week as my original purchase.

theaterdarling
#18PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 7/1/21 at 3:40pm

Tom5 said: "When Plaza Suitewas first announced I was astonished at the level of interest from the public. Despite excellent reviews Neil Simon's previous revival closed almost immediately. I recently reread it and could see a decent (Not really funny) first act, a supposedly funny second act (But insanely out-of-date now) and quite funny third act. You can see why Neil Simon was...Neil Simon. But I was imagining George C. Scott who was in the original production delivering thelines. Mathew Broderick would seem to be his opposite as an actor. A Spring opening in 2022 would seem to have been the wise choice although I think a Summer 2022 opening would still be safer. Good luck to them and I'll actually be seeing it if the world permits."

Because of your read and suprise at the interest in this NS work, as BrodyFosse123 noted, there is a whole thread devoted to how it played in 2019 (and likely how it will play in 2021) which also might interest you. I saw it in Boston and I would venture to guess your response to the show itself will likely track your response to your recent read. You are mostly accurate about Act 1 and Act 2, but I disagree as to Act III. Didn't think Act III was funny despite best efforts and with some brief exceptions. That being said, much of the audience was in the proverbial stiches and you might be too. None of it ever launched and therefore never landed (for me) despite my being wild about both MB and SJP.  I believe, however, I hold a minority opinion.

adotburr
#19PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/28/21 at 8:15pm

What’s the balcony like in this theatre? And are the partial view in orchestra really that bad? Tickets are higher than I’d like to pay but I might want to grab one now. I’m worried that IF this happens to be extremely popular right away, then ticket prices might shoot up (but the alternative is waiting to see if it’s a flop and maybe ticket prices go down). The only tickets right now I can afford are the side orch partial view and the balcony seats. Maybe rear orch but I don’t want to go over $200. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#20PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/28/21 at 8:16pm

Best balcony on Broadway, IMO.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#21PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/28/21 at 9:53pm

They really think people are going to pay these kinds of prices for a Neil Simon play?  

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#22PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/28/21 at 10:18pm

Borstalboy said: "They really think people are going to pay these kinds of prices for a Neil Simon play?"

Not the play. The stars!

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#23PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/28/21 at 11:43pm

Sutton Ross: The Hudson blows and is so difficult to deal with if something goes wrong. 

Word. They were so nasty after the Covid shutdown last year. They refused to give me a refund for the American Utopia tickets that I had purchased.  I had to go through Amex to get my refund. I have no desire to patronize this theater.  And the gall of asking $159 for partial view!   

Cate Blanchett and Bette Midler can get me to possibly pay these prices but not SJP & MB.  And what is up with the Ambassador Lounge come on? For Orch P1 at $289 you get to "relax in our private lounge and enjoy a dedicated bar, complimentary coat check, and private restrooms."  Yet no private lounge stipulation is indicated when you select a $549 Premium Orchestra seat. Is this just crappy web design? Whatever. I'm not paying for either so it doesn't really matter.

adotburr
#24PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 12/29/21 at 5:23am

CATSNYrevival said: "Borstalboy said: "They really think people are going to pay these kinds of prices for a Neil Simon play?"

Not the play. The stars!
"

I actually want to see the play. Could care less who’s in it. But that’s my issue and why I don’t want to pay the higher prices. 

she/her . “everything’s legal in new jersey”

MCW1227 Profile Photo
MCW1227
#25PLAZA SUITE To Begin Previews at The Hudson 2/25/22
Posted: 1/2/22 at 5:19am

For those of us who purchased these tickets back in Fall of 2019 and have hung in with the terrible Hudson Theater customer service throughout Covid, I think we got a bargain. 

Be Kind