News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bigserver1

Member Name: Bigserver1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Oct 16 2023, 06:09:04 PM

I found a ticket for Tuesday 11/7, front row dress circle (I think it's row A 109?) and it was $349. Other days that week are $499-$599 in that same area. Not sure why but I am available to see it that night so there you go lol

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/20/23
 Aug 22 2023, 02:50:01 PM

It's great to see Goodnight, Oscar close so strong. I believe this is its first week over a million? Rough week overall for a lot of shows, seems like Covid absences must be playing a decent part in that. Summer tourism is also coming to an end. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/20/23
 Aug 22 2023, 02:48:06 PM

pmensky said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "El Mago Popwith a solid showing!

I’m also surprised with how wellSweeneydid this week considering Groban missed most of the performances.
"

Did Groban miss more than the weekend performances?The news that he had Covid didn’t start to spread until Saturday. Most of the tourists would have already had tickets for the weekend, so the grosses will likely be effected more this week than

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Aug 18 2023, 11:45:46 PM

I was there tonight. Christopher is unreal as Sweeney. I saw JG back in May and loved the show then, and his voice is so rich and smooth and gorgeous, but it’s a tame Sweeney. 

NCs was dark and brooding and his Epiphany will stick with me for a long time. An incredible performance and one that I prefer to Groban’s, having seen them both…

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Feb 11 2023, 07:31:45 AM

Saw her last night. She is astounding in the role. I saw a preview with Beanie and it’s a completely different show. The rest of the cast and show seems to be having a much better time than when I saw it. 

As for Michele, I’d heard so much that my expectations were incredibly high, and she exceeded all of them. The voice is incredible but her acting and comedic timing surprised me. This is a must see performance, and if I’m back in NYC while she&rsquo

SeatGeek's New Fees
 Dec 21 2022, 05:17:24 PM

Paid ~$50 in fees per ticket for Funny Girl last night. Base price of the seats were $449 (which just feels so ridiculous but when in Rome...), so yeah, it seems like the more the ticket, the more the fee.

re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy
 Oct 26 2022, 06:23:30 PM

Ed_Mottershead said: "I may get slaughtered for this one, but I've NEVER understood the hoo-haa about Kevin Spacey -- and I've seen every show he's been in since Ghosts in 1981. Just because he plays the roles that Jason Robards soared in doesn't mean he's particularly good in them."

Ed was ahead of his time...

INTO THE WOODS Previews
 Jun 27 2022, 02:59:30 PM

So excited that this is officially starting previews! I'll be there on August 18th! Can't wait to see it.

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jun 21 2022, 11:09:12 PM

Well this is incredibly sad news. I saw it in February and loved it, was planning on seeing it again but other things took precedent. Really disappointed that I didn’t prioritize it higher, but I figured it would be around for a while. 

I’ll be in NYC in august but not before…wondering if there’s any way to squeeze a trip in the next six weeks but I doubt it. Ugh. This is one of the best things running on broadway right now and it really sucks

The 75th Annual TONY Awards!
 Jun 12 2022, 09:54:07 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Yikes, Jaquel's voice has taken a beating."

Not sure how much was nerves and how much was the recent strain, but that was definitely not as good as what I heard when I saw the show. 

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
 Jun 10 2022, 07:03:03 PM

Will be back in NYC for work in August and scored a ticket for 8/18. So excited to see this one!

Six vs. A Strange Loop: The Tightest Tony Race of 2022?
 Jun 7 2022, 02:35:06 PM

JSquared2 said: "pagereynolds said: "YvanEhtNioj said: "As someone who loved Six as well..I'm kinda tired of it."

I mean, that's not really their fault. Their previews were almost 2.5 years ago.

I will be extremely sad if MJ is rewarded with anything.
"

Then I guess you're in for an evening of disappointment. MJ will likely win Best Actor, Choreography, Lighting, Sound and Orchestrations (an

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 25 2022, 10:44:30 PM

Count me in the camp that loved it. Saw it tonight, full cast in for what it’s worth. Found it moving, profound, funny, sad, kind of everything all at once. I thought Spivey was outstanding, and the thoughts are phenomenal. I hope this wins all the Tonys it’s up for. 

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 22 2022, 12:40:13 AM

This thread is getting bizarre…

Apr 13 2022, 10:46:44 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "It starts previews tomorrow."

Oooohhhh got it, thanks. For some reason I thought it started last night. 

Apr 13 2022, 10:38:41 AM

Was anyone at this last night? If so, curious to see what people thought!

Inexpensive Theatre District Food Recommendations?
 Apr 9 2022, 12:19:39 PM

B Side pizza on 51st and 9th is some of my favorite pizza in the city and it’s in your price point. If you’re not drinking, you can do Dutch Fred’s (47th and 8th) for $20 a person too. 

Apr 6 2022, 02:19:58 PM

I’m bummed. Had a ticket to this for tomorrow night, and I leave town Friday, so I’ll miss it entirely. Hoping it’s still running when I come back in September!

Apr 4 2022, 11:08:50 PM

Alright, show wrapped at 10:52 tonight. It’s definitely a long production, and it drags in moments. I am in agreement that “people” stalls act one, and “music that makes me dance” stalls act two. Beanie is very funny and acting it well, and both versions of “parade” are her strongest singing, so each act ends on a high. 

There’s full throated support out there for her. The audience loved her. I walked out more impressed t

Apr 4 2022, 09:40:06 PM

Here tonight - it’s intermission. For act one at least, the show works. People was a mess, but don’t rain on my parade far exceeded my expectations going in. Not sure if beanie is making changes, or if she’s rested from being off yesterday, but the ending of Parade was pretty solid, with a good, sustained belt, and the crowd went nuts. I heard a few different people talking about/googling Beanie while waiting in the bathroom line, so this isn’t a theatre full of Feldst

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You