News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lowwriter

Member Name: lowwriter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PETER AND WENDY at the New Victory
 May 8 2011, 04:10:33 AM
This is a wonderful, magical show. I have the recording and the music is lovely. I saw it at the New Victory a few years ago. If it were playing over Memorial Day Weekend I would go see it again.
DANIEL RADCLIFFE SNUBBED!!!!!!
 May 4 2011, 07:31:46 PM
I would have nominated both Tveit and Radcliffe before I nominated the two leads in Mormon who will easily be replaced, as good as they are. I hated Broderick in the last revival but the whole production was a disappointment. This current revival of How to Succeed is so much better.
Aaron
 May 3 2011, 12:34:02 AM
I saw Catch Me If You Can on Saturday and it would be a shame of Gad gets nominated over Aaron. Gad is good but I just didn't find his performance anything exceptional. Aaron really gives his all in Catch Me and deserves a nomination just as much as Butz does.
The Normal Heart 1st Preview
 Apr 25 2011, 01:47:11 AM
I went to tonight and was impressed by the commitment of all the actors in this production. People have mentioned Barkin for a Tony. I hope Hickey gets the Tony for best supporting actor. He was fantastic in this. I agree that Mantello was also excellent, but I'm not completely sure he'll win the Tony over Rylance or even Bedford.

I saw Esparza in the Public Theater revival a few years ago and I was a bit more moved by his performance as Ned than Mantello's.

I was glad to fin

BORN YESTERDAY Reviews
 Apr 25 2011, 01:41:07 AM
Broadway Ed--I think The Earnest revival is much better than Born Yesterday's revival. I thought Earnest was perfectly paced, acted, and directed.

Born Yesterday is a solid revival but the play creaks a little. The acting is very good but Earnest held up better in my opinion. I felt like I was watching a production that could have been directed 30 years ago. Though I guess a radical approach to directing the play wouldn't work.

I had perfect seats for both shows.

Diego González Boneta is Drew in Rock of Ages movie
 Apr 2 2011, 11:19:17 AM
Constantine doesn't exactly look his age.
Tony Awards Nominee Predictions - 2011
 Apr 2 2011, 02:52:00 AM
I think Laura Benanti will be nominated in the featured actress category. She could also win, though she won so recently.
PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first previe
 Apr 2 2011, 02:44:38 AM
I saw Onward Victoria, truly awful but it was fun to see Jill Eikenberry sing.
Sondheim's Best Musical??
 Apr 2 2011, 02:40:23 AM
Follies is probably his best, though I know others might choose Sweeney Todd. Besides Follies I personally love Merrily We Roll Along despite its clumsy book.

I used to think A Little Night Music was perfection but having seen not great productions over the past few years, I'm beginning to wonder if this show was only great in its original Broadway production which I saw when I was very young, and less critical of what I was watching. I enjoyed the recent revival but found it deeply fl

PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE first previe
 Apr 2 2011, 02:32:36 AM
The response here makes me think I should exchange my subscription ticket for a later date so I can catch House of Blue Leaves or Born Yesterday in April using a discount. Sounds like I can catch this show at the end of its run.
It Did Not Take Them Long
 Mar 27 2011, 11:25:38 AM
They really opened in a small theater for a show that's going to be such a big hit.
Tom Hooper directing 'Les Miserables' film
 Mar 27 2011, 11:24:17 AM
Tom Hooper is a very smart director. I'm surprised he's interested in this project because doing a musical is very risky. But he will not cast singers who can't act. He's too good a director of actors. If he casts a pop singer, they would have to prove they could act. I thought the book has already been written by a British writer. So it may have been revised already.
Second Stage Theater- seating question
 Mar 27 2011, 11:18:06 AM
You were smart to sell your Mr. and Mrs. Smith tickets. That was one of the worst plays Second Stage has ever done. And I've liked most of what I've seen there.
Second Stage Theater- seating question
 Mar 27 2011, 11:06:19 AM
I've subscribed to Second Stage for several seasons.

I like sitting in the main section which is on the left side of the theater with rows that have more seats. If I sit on the right side of the theater I like to be near the center aisle. Though Row A is a little close to the stage, sitting as close as Row C is good.

I would avoid seats past Row H or so and sitting in the back of the theater feels too far. As someone else noted, sitting in the loge or box seats are not good.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You