pixeltracker

Second Stage Theater- seating question

Second Stage Theater- seating question

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#1Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 12:20am

hi - looking for some insight into seating -- would the last few rows of that theater be too far away?

Thinking about getting tickets to By The Way but only rear orchestra are available.

Thank you in advance

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 12:24am

I just got my ticket the other night. Looked at the seating chart and it seems it curves. I went for a seat a bit further back but closer to the center. I can't wait to see this. Sanaa Lathan, whom I love, really impressed me in "A Raisin in the Sun" and, in my opinion, should have won that Tony. Plus this show has a fabulous cast. I got a discount ticket for the 21st.

Just give the world Love.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#2Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 2:19pm

Second Stage is pretty small. As long as you aren't in their so-called balcony or loge, which is really just a weird side pocket of seats on the same level as the back of the orchestra on the extreme side, you'll be fine.

VernonGersch
#3Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 3:12pm

Cool - I picked up Row E all the way to the side - figured that was better than Row K.

and i used a discount code...

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#4Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 3:17pm

That was a good move. I've sat against the wall in the 3rd to maybe 7th row a number of times, and those seats are great. I like them better than being way back. And the theatre is pretty narrow. Being dead center really doesn't mean a thing to me in that space.

In fact,I just booked tickets this week to Vera Stark against the wall in row E!

VernonGersch
#5Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/26/11 at 11:59pm

Thanks Patash...never made it to Second Stage in all of my visits to NYC so looking forward to this - and thanks for the seat validation...
very much appreciated.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#6Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 10:09am

You'll have a great view from Row E, doesn't matter how far on the side you are.

I don't know what you mean by it seems it curves, though, uncageg. The rows are all straight.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 10:18am

You'll be fine there. Not too many bad seats in that theater. VERY small.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

lowwriter
#8Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 11:06am

I've subscribed to Second Stage for several seasons.

I like sitting in the main section which is on the left side of the theater with rows that have more seats. If I sit on the right side of the theater I like to be near the center aisle. Though Row A is a little close to the stage, sitting as close as Row C is good.

I would avoid seats past Row H or so and sitting in the back of the theater feels too far. As someone else noted, sitting in the loge or box seats are not good.

VernonGersch
#9Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 11:13am

now i wonder how the play is...last time i had tickets to second stage it was for Mr & Mrs Smith that got such negative buzz on this board I ended up sellling my tickets

lowwriter
#10Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 11:18am

You were smart to sell your Mr. and Mrs. Smith tickets. That was one of the worst plays Second Stage has ever done. And I've liked most of what I've seen there.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#11Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 12:25pm

I think the comment about the seating "curving" refers to the aisle which does sort of angle or curve as it goes back due to more seats added to the main section further back. If you look at the seating chart, you'll see what I mean. But it's not really an issue at all. The side seats all go straight back.

http://www.2st.com/buy_tickets/seating_midtown

Just for the record, I thoroughly enjoyed Mr. and Mrs. Smith -- no Pulitzer prize winner for writing, but I thought it was indeed "fun" and sometimes I'm happy with theatre being just that.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#12Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 8:59pm

I am Orchestra left Row N seat one. I hope I am ok!

Vernon, I am really upset that I didn't see "Ruined" and wanted to see her next play. That Sanaa Latan is in it makes me more excited. For her first time on Broadway in "A Raisin in the Sun" she was fabulous. I follow her in film and love her. The story sounds interesting.

Just give the world Love.

VernonGersch
#13Second Stage Theater- seating question
Posted: 3/27/11 at 11:34pm

Glad I caught RUINED - throughly enjoyed the play, the production but most of all the cast. That was my first time at City Center. Not a bad way to be introduced to a theater, right?

Sanana is great - looking forward to catching this.

Videos