News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Katia2

Katia2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Katia2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

So who will play Fanny?
 Jul 2 2011, 11:07:28 PM
Yeah, Nina Arianda can sing, it's just a matter of how well. I doubt she's good enough, but who the hell knows.
Current status of PAMELA'S FIRST MUSICAL, anyone?
 Jun 30 2011, 02:00:17 PM
Looks like Murphy at least has moved on from trying to get this done to just getting the revival of Mame, upon which her character in Pamela's was based.
I haven't heard of any work being done, just assumed it was dead, but would also be really interested if anything has come up.

Venus In Fur to Broadway
 Jun 28 2011, 06:56:22 PM
Haha this is so weird, just five minutes ago I was listening to an old interview for when she did this show and had no idea this was transferring.
Woot, she was incredible in this. Can't think of how many times I saw it only for her acting. Also she's someone whose voice I could listen to for hours no matter what the hell she's saying.

Favorite 'Everything's Coming Up Roses'
 Jun 27 2011, 06:10:45 PM
Before I even opened the thread I thought Patti on Fallon.
Tony wins/speeches you'd love to see
 Jun 27 2011, 03:32:48 AM
Donna Murphy for Passion and definitely seconding Joanna Gleason for Into the Woods.
POLL: What Hit Musical of Old Should Next be Revived on Broadway?
 Jun 26 2011, 09:04:39 PM
Ever since the Kennedy Center Honors for Chita I've wanted to hear Donna Murphy sing more of Kiss of the Spider Woman's score.
But couldn't imagine that actually being too interesting in practice and can't imagine Murphy taking any revival other than Mame. Still really interested in the music though and I think that Bebe Neuwirth would be fabulous as Aurora.

'Favorite' or 'Definitive' rendition of 'Being Alive'
 Jun 23 2011, 02:01:44 PM
Dean Jones is definitive.
Personally, for some reason I haven't heard a rendition of this that I liked that was sung by a man. Love Streisand's, Peters', and LuPone's though. LuPone's is my favorite.

Lyrics that strike you as odd or disgust you
 Jun 21 2011, 06:22:29 PM
EVA: Did you hear that? They called me a whore! They actually called me a whore!
ADMIRAL: But, signora Peron, it's an easy mistake- I'm still called an admiral- yet I gave up the sea long ago!

Hate that we're supposed to laugh at that.

re: Who should play Morticia Addams?
 Jun 21 2011, 03:53:33 PM
Actually one mention of Brooke Shields, the poster also suggested Donna Murphy. I'll bet they saw Wonderful Town.
Eh.

LuPone's lead-in to Rose's Turn - is this really how she was???
 Jun 21 2011, 02:32:43 PM
Saw her four times (thank god for a flu, going around, got three people's tickets) and was amazed by what different interpretation she got out of each line every time, still remember her saying "Here comes Mama" like it was Hide and Go Seek and being completely in awe. It seemed like everyone around felt the same way too. Taken out of context I understand it seems less than good, but c'est la vie, it was good when it was and frankly, that's all that matters.

And why does a fat joke in r

Roles You Would Love to Play
 Jun 21 2011, 12:51:32 PM
Mama Rose, Auntie Mame, Phyllis, Joanne, Mrs. Lovett, The Old Lady in Candide.
Need to age twenty or thirty years quick...

Kennedy Center FOLLIES to Transfer to Broadway's Marquis Theater This Summe
 Jun 20 2011, 02:02:22 AM
They pretty much have to get Jan for this, the only other person who seems a possibility for doing Phyllis is Donna Murphy and after all of Murphy's talking about missing her kid and tearing up in interviews and such and talking about going on vacation and family time in the summer, it doesn't look like Murphy's going to be doing any shows until at least fall.
Production's ****ed without Maxwell, I'm sure they're scrambling to make this work. Personally not that worried, they'll make it happ

What Sondheim recording should I get?
 Jun 19 2011, 03:04:58 AM
broadwaynoitall is my new favorite user. Still laughing from the all caps "WARNING."
I see my post's been deleted and OP apparently already got what he wanted, but going to repeat what I said anyway. I always introduce with Into the Woods. Like EricMontreal22 I first experienced Sondheim through Passion, and it remains my favorite Sondheim show by far, but the man himself said that it's a challenge to the audience. Into the Woods, on the other hand, has been made into a children's book. Most

Scenes You'll Never Forget
 Jun 19 2011, 02:48:36 AM
The ending of scene 14 of Passion, after "No One Has Ever Loved Me." When Giorgio realizes that he loves Fosca, her disbelief and him reassuring her that he does, then her leading him to the bed.
Oh, the embarrassing tears. Can't even listen to the recording in public.

People's Careers on here?
 Jun 16 2011, 05:26:42 PM

The Addams family On Life Support
 Jun 15 2011, 09:26:44 PM
Before the Tonys the ads were "Come see Brooke Shields!" and now they're "...Last chance to see Bebe Neuwirth!"
Weird things you've said to Broadway stars
 Jun 15 2011, 10:47:52 AM
When I went to a stage door for the first time, Wonderful Town, when Donna Murphy came out some woman shouted "Her body is even more pleasurable than I thought it was!" and she asked Murphy for a picture with her. Murphy politely declined...

Favorite Sondheim Song
 Jun 14 2011, 11:40:51 AM
Best All-Around Song (the equivalent of Best Picture or Best Musical, etc.) I Read
Best Collaborative Song -- Rose’s Turn
Best Angry or Bitter Song-- Could I Leave You
Best Hopeful or Reassuring Song -- Being Alive
Best Inspirational or Influential Song -- Move On
Best Male Solo -- No One Has Ever Loved Me
Best Female Solo-- Children and Art
Best Duet or Trio-- It Takes Two
Best Ensemble Song-- Finale of Passion
Best Music/Melody -- Garden Sequence
Best L

poor poor Brooke Shields
 Jun 13 2011, 09:20:21 PM
Was thinking "please sit down." With love but... please.
2011 Tony Award Thread
 Jun 12 2011, 09:00:50 PM
I almost had a ****fest just now but she is so sweet I can't.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You