News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TotallyJeannius

TotallyJeannius Profile Photo
Member Name: TotallyJeannius
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

INTO THE WOODS and AS YOU LIKE IT official for Shakespeare in the Park
 Mar 5 2012, 03:36:08 PM
Anyone know when the Public will be giving us more details about the production dates for this summer?
THE BEST MAN
 Feb 6 2012, 12:53:21 AM
It's insane how much I'm looking forward to seeing this show, and this cast is amazing. Yay Michael McKean! Will definitely be adding the movie version to my Netflix queue.
NBC Super Bowl Commercial:
 Feb 6 2012, 12:49:52 AM
Very nice! Loved Mariska with the handcuffs (really now, who doesn't?) and Ice-T's WTF? face. Brava NBC!
A New Cabaret Emerges: 54 Below
 Feb 6 2012, 12:47:10 AM
Another thumbs up for John Lee Beatty. can't wait to check this place out this summer.
Company Concert With Will Get DVD Release
 Jan 20 2012, 06:31:46 PM
Celebrate good times come on!
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER to Play the Brooks Atkinson!!!
 Jan 19 2012, 10:53:34 AM
Great news! I really wanted to see this when it was playing off-Broadway last year, so it's on my to do list when I'm back in NYC this summer. For those who have seen the show and/or have been in the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, how well do you think Peter and the Starcatcher will work in that space?
WIT - how is the 2001 movie?
 Jan 13 2012, 06:58:54 PM
It's definitely worth watching. It was the play that introduced me to John Donne and the Holy Sonnets (really deep stuff). Mike Nichols is one of my favorte directors, Emma Thompson is brilliant as Vivian Bearing, and this was one of the first things I ever saw Audra in. There are some incredibly unforgettably poignant moments. I'd seen the movie a few times before we watched it in my medical ethics class. Everyone was deeply moved by it, and there were a lot of really great discussions tha
RE:
 Jan 12 2012, 02:41:19 PM
Unexpected Song - Bernadette Peters
Don't Cry for Me Argentina - Patti LuPone
The Little Things You Do Together - Barbara Walsh
Glitter and Be Gay - Kristin Chenoweth
Stars and the Moon, The Glamorous Life - Audra McDonald
I've heard others sing "Stars and the Moon" and nobody else comes close. And I've never heard anyone else's take on it, but I love Beth Leavel's "As We Stumble Along".

Patti out of Patti and Mandy today.....
 Jan 12 2012, 02:25:04 PM
Hmmm, neither "An Evening" nor "with Patti LuPone". Not denying his talent, but there's just something about watching Mandy perform live that makes me cringe. Like when you're watching someone sing with their eyes closed and you sink into your seat out of embarrassment for them. I'm gonna chalk it up to those crazy gestures he does with his hands.
Company coming to DVD & Bluray?
 Jan 3 2012, 12:08:03 AM
Pretty please let this be true. Fingers crossed!
My FOLLIES Project Is Complete!
 Dec 24 2011, 01:06:27 PM
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Hello, gorgeous! This looks absolutely beautiful. Just wow. Brava!
New BWW Rules Regarding Jan Maxwell
 Dec 18 2011, 03:18:26 PM
Jan Maxwell...how do I begin to describe Jan Maxwell?
Jan Maxwell is flawless.
I hear her Tonys bag is insured for $10,000.

One time she punched me in the face...it was awesome.

NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT Broadway Artwork
 Dec 17 2011, 12:49:49 AM
I like the MGM musical version, maybe because it's more artwork and less crazy fonts overload. Then again, I like Kelli's face so yeah.
Cate Blanchett / Sydney Theater Company's Uncle Vanya coming to NYC
 Dec 17 2011, 12:40:46 AM
Oh wow, this is awesome news! Saw Uncle Vanya on a whim this past August and hope that the cast I saw in DC can make the leap to NYC.
Cate Blanchett is just golden in everything she does. Think my summer plans just got even better, and I'll be compulsively checking Lincoln Center's site like a crazy person starting now. Thanks for the scoop :)

Casting for John Doyle's MERRILY
 Dec 14 2011, 12:04:00 PM
Really looking forward to seeing how this all comes together. I've been listening to songs from Merrily and the score is really starting to grow on me. Definitely planning a weekend trip to Cincy to check out this production.
Other Desert Cities or Seminar?
 Dec 14 2011, 12:01:12 PM
I haven't seen Seminar (though I hope to as Lily Rabe and Hamish Linklater are the main draws for me), so I can't compare the two shows. I saw Other Desert Cities over the Thanksgiving holidays and it's amazing, easily one of the best plays I've ever seen. It's really an ensemble piece and all of the actors are great in their roles, not a weak link in the cast. Rachel Griffiths is giving one helluva performance. Don't miss Other Desert Cities!
Shows You Loved, But Hated By The Critics?
 Dec 13 2011, 07:10:09 PM
They weren't perfect shows, but I thoroughly enjoyed Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (what a cast and "Model Behavior" had me in stitches) and Catch Me if You Can.
what do u want for hanukkah and christmas broadway related???
 Dec 4 2011, 01:26:42 PM
- Still keeping my fingers crossed for the DVD/Blu-Ray of the NY Phil production of 'Company'

- Can we at least see the pilot episode of 'The Miraculous Year' since HBO denied us a series?

- Anything that lures Harriet Walter and Janet McTeer back to the NY stage (if it's in the same production, even better)

- More details on the Broadway transfer of 'Peter and the Starcatcher' (so that I can start planning out/saving up for next year's trip(s) to NYC)

Eric McCormack Joins GORE VIDAL'S THE BEST MAN
 Nov 30 2011, 06:32:33 PM
Yay! Read the news in the middle of a meeting and had to work hard to contain my excitement. Can't wait! Wonder which Shubert house it'll go into . . .
A musical or play you disliked the first time, but now like/love?
 Nov 20 2011, 11:39:14 PM
Les Mis and South Pacific
But then again, the first time I saw these shows they were being performed by my high school's drama club so that might explain the initial dislike. They did a great job with Noises Off though, and I've liked that play ever since.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You