pixeltracker

Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........

Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........

craig238
#0Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/15/06 at 5:22pm

I realize this has been discussed over and over but, being that it is only 2 weeks away, does anyone have an idea if Patti will be staying after 7/2 ?? Does one think it will be a last minute decision ?? Me and my daughter REALLY want to see the show but cannot make it into the city until mid-July. Thanks much in advance.
Updated On: 6/15/06 at 05:22 PM

Yankeefan007
#1re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/15/06 at 5:28pm

She's in until August, when she leaves to do Gypsy. Judy Kaye is taking over in her absence, but I assume Patti will be back after that.

TheaterJunkie
#2re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 6:45pm

the word is that she is staying with sweeney until thanksgiving time.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#3re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 6:57pm

Which is when it will probably close for Company to go in there. But that hasn't been officially decided/announced.
Updated On: 6/19/06 at 06:57 PM

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#4re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 6:58pm

Just_John: COMPANY has been confirmed for the Barrymore Theatre.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

C is for Company
#5re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 7:07pm

I hope both can run at the same time, even if it is for a week, I think it would be cool to have 2 Sondheim shows running at once. Has that ever happened before? Company and Night Music or something?

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#6re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 8:05pm

The Frogs was in previews while Assassins was about to close.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#7re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 8:07pm

Company moving in won't pose a problem because, as already posted, it's confirmed for the Barrymore...

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#8re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 9:12pm

Don't feel bad if you miss Patti. Nonetheless, Sweeney is great and I highly reccomend it!

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

ZONEACE
#9re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 11:04pm

I deperately want to see it with an understudy just because i've seen it twice now (once early, early in the previews, and once last week) with the full cast and want to see how it changes.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

funnygirl76 Profile Photo
funnygirl76
#10re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 11:32pm

Go check out Patti's webpage, it's been recently updated with the latest Sweeney info. Here ya go:

Please note: Patti will not be performing in Sweeney Todd from July 25-August 15, 2006 for rehearsals and performances of "Gypsy" at Ravinia

It also says she'll be in Sweeney through November - which if you read these boards regularly....you've seen this posted elsewhere.

Patti's Appearance Calendar

Harpo Profile Photo
Harpo
#11re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/19/06 at 11:50pm

Heh. I was happy to read funnygirl's message. The thread title made my heart stop for a second. I want to see the show with her again. I didn't know she is staying until November! Huzzah!

H.Higgins Profile Photo
H.Higgins
#12re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 12:07am

I hope Patti and the rest of the cast stay with the production until it closes.

craig238
#13re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 9:44am

10th row center for July 18th - I am SO glad she will be there !!

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#14re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 10:14am

Glad to know she is there untill November re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

bwayondabrain
#15re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 10:14am

wow, im lucky! i get to see her in her last performance before GYPSY rehearsals! :)

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#16re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 11:02am

Isn't Sweeney attendence kinda dipping? It doesn't seem like it will still be around in November. Or possibly I am crazy.

kmc

Jesus saves. I spend.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#17re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 11:06am

It recouped. It'll probbably run until at least September.

TheaterJunkie
#18re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 1:56pm

This sucks! I have tickets for the July 25 matinee, and Patti won't be there!! Does anyone know if Judy Kaye is going to be replacing her during that time? How is Judy as Mrs. Lovett?
Updated On: 6/20/06 at 01:56 PM

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#19re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 2:25pm

^ If you are seeing the show on July 25th, Patti will most likely be there.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

TheaterJunkie
#20re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 2:34pm

^I hope wonderfulwizard11 is right, but on Patti's webpage it says she will be gone starting July 25 for Gypsy rehearsal.....

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#21re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 2:42pm

*Phew* Just made it like craig238! hahaha Cause Im seing it on the 18th too re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving..........

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#22re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 2:50pm

TheaterJunkie: I actually didn't see that on Patti's calendar saying she would't be there on the 25th. So then you will most likely see Judy kaye. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Yankeefan007
#23re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 2:52pm

TheaterJunkie - Judy WILL be playing Mrs. Lovett when Patti is in Chicago. It is confirmed, but unannounced.

TheaterJunkie
#24re: Sweeney Todd - Patti leaving.........
Posted: 6/20/06 at 7:38pm

Thanks for clearing that up. Can anyone tell me how Judy Kaye is in Sweeney Todd? I really wish I was seeing Patti!
Updated On: 6/20/06 at 07:38 PM

Videos