News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for getatme

Member Name: getatme
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  May 8 2024, 12:10:10 AM

I don't even think Eddie Redmayne is in second place. I could see a case of BDJ or even Brody Grant being closer to beating Groff than Redmayne.

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 8 2024, 12:00:11 AM

Saw this Saturday evening and found the whole thing pretty abysmal.

Gone is any mystery behind Gatsby because every single character tells you exactly what their motivations are, how they're feeling, and what they're going to do the first second they come onstage. Gatsby's first song explaining that he created his image for Daisy strips the entire evening of any sense of mystery, and sets the tone for the rest of the show.

The music isn't tuneless at all, but it

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 10:59:19 PM

Jonathan Groff is giving probably my favorite musical performance of the season, and possibly one of the best I've seen in a long time and I'm thrilled he was recognized with a nomination. I'm very hopeful that this is finally his time, it will be well-deserved.

Also very pleased by Joshua Boone's nomination, saw The Outsiders again over the weekend and he's just explosive up on that stage.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 07:49:44 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Liking Carmen Cusack better than Amber makes us racist?"

No, but you implying Amber was hired solely because she’s a Black woman and Chavkin wanted to show how progressive she does make you racist. 

I don’t post here often or interact with people, but I’m regularly shocked by some of the truly abhorrent things you say and then turn around and act like other people misinterpreted. 

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 14 2024, 07:36:52 PM

I was was actually thinking while I watched the show what Carmen would have been like as Tamara. I don’t adore Carmen as a performer (I find her voice is but unpleasant to listen to at times), but she has a magnetism and a star quality to her that I think would have served the piece very well.

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Apr 9 2024, 12:14:34 PM

Solea is Myrtle. The show has shifted focus and the role now is more of a co-lead with Daisy.

Eleri Ward is Jordan.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 7 2024, 04:24:24 PM

Genuinely surprised Eden didn't take either performance off yesterday if they start recording today. Her vocals yesterday afternoon were shockingly inconsistent. Noticeably flat or just under pitch for a bulk of her songs.

Enough good things cannot be said about Amber Iman or Beth Leavel, both finding ways to bring humanity and layers to an obscenely bad book. George Abud is chomping on scenery but selling his numbers despite there being minimal reason for his ro

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Apr 4 2024, 11:43:50 AM

akhoya87 said: "Setting aside casting decisions beyond her control, it seems like there's near-universal acclaim for Maryann Plunkett's performance. I know she'll likely be up for Best Featured, and that it's highly unusual (if not unheard of) to nominate someone for Best Lead Actress when they give us all of one song. But I do feel like of anyone in the cast, Maryann and Dorian Harewood are the closest thing we have to leads, just given their stage time and presence.

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Apr 4 2024, 11:40:53 AM

Saw the show this past Saturday evening and unfortunately found it rather a chore to sit through.

The biggest issue is that there's no real plot or storyline. Every time there's the hint of a problem or an obstacle, it goes away in a bout 2 minutes. It hints at some interesting things--What is it like for Ali as a young Black woman in NY to be raised by essentially a white single mother? How does her connection to music/Miss Liza Jane allow her to embrace an aspect of her ident

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 18 2024, 11:25:18 PM

Cannot imagine a world where Katie Rose Clarke and/or Krystal Joy Brown are nominated.

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 18 2024, 08:19:05 PM

bigbelterbaby said: "The role of Mrs. Walker is historically nominated. Ann Margret was nominated for an Oscar for the film and it was also nominated in the 90s. We will see!”

I think if any performances in Tommy are nominated, it’s more likely to be Ali Louis Bourzgui. 

“Eva Noblezada is an alternative for me. People have mentioned Lindsey Mendez attendance being bad but that might not affect a nomination so much as a win.”

Actress Predictions - 2024 Tonys  Mar 18 2024, 06:37:41 PM

I think Maryann Plunkett will be petitioned up to leading, and Joy Woods will stay in featured. In which case:

Actress in a Musical

• Kelli O'Hara
  • Eden Espinosa
  • Gayle Rankin
  • Maryann Plunkett
  • Maleah Joi Moon

Featured Actress in a Musical

• Lindsay Mendez
  • Joy Woods
  • Bebe Neuwirth
  • Shoshana Bean
  • Leslie Kritzer maybe?

Actress in a Play

• Sarah Paulson
  • Jessica Lange
THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Mar 17 2024, 03:18:21 PM

Was also at first preview last night and echo the previous reviews here. I thought it was pretty fantastic with some genuinely thrilling staging and direction from Danya Taymor. It's incredible raw and that cast is throwing themselves all over the stage, it's incredibly physical.

Score-wise occasionally it starts to sound a bit same-y, and I'm not entirely sold on some of the numbers that are sung conversations, the lyricists don't feel totally at ease there, but when t

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024  Mar 13 2024, 04:00:02 PM

Final callbacks for Daisy were last week and as of today they have a choice/offer out.

Ben Levi Ross is the only cast member from the previous reading to continue with the production.

THE WHO’S TOMMY Broadway Previews  Mar 13 2024, 03:57:34 PM

Saw the show Saturday night and liked, didn't love it as a whole. Some really exciting music/vocal moments, but overall I was left pretty cold by the whole thing.

Ali Louis Bourzgui, Alison Luff (that VOICE!), and Adam Jacobs were the real standouts for me. Bobby Conte sounded fine but felt incredibly miscast. Luff in particular gets to show off new shades of her voice and "Smash the Mirror" was thrilling. The ensemble is working their butts off and many of them get great

& JULIET Replacement Casting  Mar 5 2024, 03:13:13 PM

The replacement hasn't left her current Broadway gig yet. She's still there.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Mar 3 2024, 12:51:33 AM

Broadway Flash said: "Auditions for who? They already have all the principles coming over. The creative team doesn’t need to be there for the chorus. The Effect starts performances tomorrow. Do you know when Tammy Faye is starting performances? "

The Norma alternate, Norma standby, and all ensemble and covers. Not sure where you’re getting that “the creative team doesn’t need to be there for the chorus” I’m not sure &nb

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 16 2024, 01:11:41 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Oh that’s a pity. bizarre that they’re transferring everyone over tony. I heard even Rachel Tucker, Monday norma, is transferring. It’s unnecessary and probably more expensive."

Rachel Tucker is not transferring with Sunset.

Saw Tveit/Sutton last night and found it to be a mixed bag.

Sutton I think fares far better than Tveit. The vocals in the bootleg from her first show filled me with dread, but I

2024 Tony Awards  Feb 12 2024, 11:33:38 PM

"Jeremy Strong and Brian D'Arcy James shall win the Best Leading Actor in their respective categories. No debate."

I can't imagine a world where Jonathan Groff doesn't win this year. Brian is very good in Days of Wine and Roses, but I feel like Groff has all the momentum and his show will still be running. 

New Hadestown Casting  Jan 30 2024, 10:10:20 PM

Pfeiffer’s run was always meant to be short. She was hired as a temp replacement for Noblezada as the original plan was for Eva to return after Gatsby at Paper Mill. Plans changed, Pfeiffer’s contract was extended. She’ll have been there for 6 months when she leaves and she already has her next gig lined up. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You