News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for otis33

otis33 Profile Photo
Member Name: otis33
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NEWSIES Will Be Filmed Live With Jeremy Jordan & Kara Lindsay  Jul 28 2016, 03:32:53 PM

My understanding, based on talking with a friend in the show - I may have misunderstood, but - he mentioned the 2nd week at the Pantages would be dark.  They would use the first day or two to put Jeremy and Kara back into the show.  Then film a few days without an audience.  And then bring in a couple audiences for the live response.  But he did say the week would be devoted to filming the show. 

Tell Me On A Sunday questions  Feb 16 2016, 07:04:53 PM

Hi there - I worked on a production currently running in So. Cal.  Not sure if that's the production you're referring to. 

We discovered MANY different versions of the show, including a 2 act version with the first quarter of the story still taking place in London, with entirely new (and not great) songs.  The current version being licensed seems to be a mash-up of Tell Me...'s greatest hits.  The Girl is also nameless, and never referred to as Emma. 

Les Mis 2014 Casting?  Aug 17 2013, 06:26:06 PM
Just heard a *rumor* that Will Swenson has been offered Javert.
Sweeney Todd on a small scale  May 24 2013, 01:16:03 PM
I did a production in San Diego a couple years back with a cast of 11. It worked really well.
San Diego's Old Globe presents autism-friendly Grinch production  Dec 16 2012, 10:32:29 PM
It was a great day! I'm lucky have to had the chance to be a part of it. I hope this is the first of many.

San Diego's Old Globe presents autism-friendly Grinch production  Dec 16 2012, 08:52:27 PM
I work on this production. First, let me start by saying, it was a really fantastic morning. I was able to sit out in the audience and watch he reaction. The Grinch has become a tradition for San Diego families. But, by creating this special performance, more families were able to be a part of that tradition.

Regarding changes to the show:
The house lights were brought up and lived at about 30% throughout the show providing a soft glow. The sound levels were only brought d

Book of Mormon Chicago cast?  Oct 17 2012, 07:14:09 PM
Not that this show needs the press, but could all these auditions just be a PR event? I remember when the first national of CATS was hitting cities for the first time, open calls were held in many of the major cities - and that show didn't need the PR at the time, either. I went to one of the open calls and it was chock full of tv and radio crews. Just a thought. Not necessarily a good one. :)
Yank?  Jun 18 2011, 01:37:48 PM
The Globe does have a "soon to be announced theatrical event" on their schedule for the Spring. Maybe that's meant for Yank?
No notice when a Swing goes on?  Jun 2 2010, 04:25:52 PM
As a swing, I've gone on mid-performance for one number. Not sure what the rule is there - but no announcement was made. With advance notice, I was always announced on the board in the lobby.
'The Lake Dillon Theatre has nudity on their stage, and they are out of co  May 30 2010, 07:48:12 PM
Great press for the production!

I did a production of "Pageant" years ago at a theatre that had little to no crossover space, so we would exit the backstage area and do our crosses in the alley. One night a woman was walking her dog with her kid and saw a handful of tall women in their underwear and called the cops. We got tons of free press.

Cromer to Direct Broadway's YANK!  May 10 2010, 01:23:15 PM
That's a shame. I saw it in San Diego. I liked the work Igor did on the show, and was excited for him to move forward with it.
Eric Kunze in Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat  May 4 2010, 12:40:32 AM
Unless something has changed, an offer was put out (and I thought accepted) to someone other than Eric for Chris in Saigon.
THIS Guy Should Do the Sardi's Caricatures.  Apr 28 2010, 11:49:47 PM
I love his artwork - and, he a fantastic performer as well.
Christopher Bond's: 'SWEENEY TODD'  Apr 22 2010, 01:25:47 AM
Sorry - I did make it sound like Sondheim is solely responsible for the musical. My apologies to Mr. Wheeler. To be more specific, the lyrics were clearly inspired by the dialogue in the Bond script.
Fellow posters are correct - Bond was the first to give Sweeney a bit of a soul, and humanize him. Sondheim elaborated on certain characters and relationships, but other than that not many differences in story between the Bond version and the Sondheim/Wheeler musical.

Christopher Bond's: 'SWEENEY TODD'  Apr 21 2010, 07:11:44 PM
Having just directed a production of Sweeney, and reading the Bond script beforehand, it's amazing how inspired Sondheim was by that version. There are differences in the story, but when you read it you'll be surprised at how much of it sounds familiar. Of course, Sondheim made it all his own - but, there are scenes in the Bond script where it reads like Sondheim just added music to them. Sondheim actually saw a production of the Bond version in London in the late 60's/early 70's, which inspi
METRO at the Minskoff 1992  Apr 8 2010, 03:46:01 PM
I saw it 3 times - mostly because I was a very poor college student and was offered free tickets. I went with a different classmate every time. There were some voices and performances that were outstanding, but most of it was pretty ridiculous. I don't remember much, other than some laser lights and people who spoke very broken English.
Lee Mead to play Fiyero in West End's'Wicked,' what do you think?  Jan 28 2010, 01:00:57 PM
He was already performing in the West End before "Any Dream Will Do", so I think he'll probably be great. He seems a good fit.
If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?  Jan 14 2010, 03:32:06 AM
FYI - if you're under 30, the Globe offers tix for $20. And I heard they'd be offered for $10 for the first few previews (from a friend working as a production asst. on the show).
If you were in San Diego, would you see the new Duncan Sheik musical?  Jan 14 2010, 12:18:13 AM
I'm seeing it next Tuesday night. I went to the Duncan Sheik concert at the Globe Monday night. It was held on the stage, with the set in the background. Very cool, simple set. He sang a handful of songs from the show, along with cast members David Poe and Holly Brooks. I loved them. The show JUST started previews tonight. I'd say - see it.
re: Duncan Sheik Concert & Whisper House @ The Old Globe  Jan 7 2010, 05:46:07 PM
Very excited about this. Looking forward to the concert Monday night.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You