News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MysteriousLady

Member Name: MysteriousLady
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Funny Girl Tour cast changes.
 Jun 23 2024, 07:53:15 PM

Azúcar! said: "He put up some great backstage photos."

I'm sorry I was so harsh! Thank you for answering.

Funny Girl Tour cast changes.
 Jun 23 2024, 06:37:54 PM

Azúcar! said: "If anyone missed Harvey’s post about yesterday matinee in Connecticut on Facebook it is worth checking out."

You gonna link or copy paste or be weird about it?

Sam Mendes to direct new Jack Thorne-penned play about the Richard Burton/John Gielgud 'Hamlet'
 Jun 23 2024, 06:34:35 PM

inception said: "Who exactly is this for? The generation who cared about Taylor/Burton are all in rest homes.

I used to have a clipping if a great photo of Taylor screaming at a camera, stuck in a crowd outside the theatre during the run, but I can't find it online.
"

I'm pretty sure it's for people who like good plays. I'm sure many people who are attending Stereophonic aren't fans of/don't know Fleetwood Mac. Gypsy isn't being

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 23 2024, 03:09:42 PM

Phillyguy said: "I'm looking at the seat map for multiple dates during the preview and it seems that all the front orchestra seats are unavailable. Do you think they are also sold out or if some are held back to be released later?

Trying to decide if I need to pull the trigger on the remaining seats or wait.
"

I don't know about this production in particular, but as a rule, these days the best seats are withheld until close to the performance date.

Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
 Jun 19 2024, 12:30:54 AM

This sounds great! I'm sure Lane and Lavin will be great together. 

NY Times Today Editorial on
 Jun 16 2024, 09:38:32 PM

This is a thoughtful piece that some seem to be misunderstanding, based on the responses I've seen to it around the internet. He's simply pointing out the challenges that crop up with "color conscious" casting versus "color blind" casting. In the latter, anyone can play anyone. In the former, questions of "is this believeable?" tend to rear their heads. He makes a strong case for asking if the story of this white family could have happened to a Black fami

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jun 13 2024, 05:16:07 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I’d been asking around and the last I heard is that they want to go with someone who isn’t a “name” but has some Broadway experience (along the Rachel Tucker route). Now that was over a month ago and as always things can change but I sort of enquiring at that point because I really got the impression it’lljustbe someone who will in no way detract from Nicole’s “star”, if that makes sense.

Of course I wr

ALW has completed his next musical
 Jun 9 2024, 12:46:40 PM

Wait I thought everyone was too woke for him to write a new musical?

Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
 Jun 4 2024, 07:08:27 PM

I think about him a lot. It's great that most of the obnoxious monsters have left this board, but there are several cool people that have disappeared as well. 

YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
 May 28 2024, 06:57:07 PM

Charley Kringas Inc said: "his broad mainstream success came via the infamy of the movie and the discourse that followed, "

What? 

YES! BEN PLATT IS REOPENING THE PALACE!!
 May 26 2024, 03:18:15 PM

Platt has obviously made errors building his career (such as his residency that isn't selling or the nepo baby interview) but his haters are far more obnoxious than he is. There's something so lame about the glee that some of y'all have about tearing this man down. 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?
 Apr 16 2024, 08:11:19 PM

FLarnhill said: "hearthemsing22 said: "dyemery said: "EDSOSLO858 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "This and the possibility of Tom Hollands R+J transferring will mean two competing productions in the same season. Has that ever happened before?"

I've heard that's not happening anymore, so it will just be this production
"

It’s still happening this season.
"

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/11/24
 Feb 15 2024, 11:09:20 AM

Kad said: "I’m also deeply confused by what you’re trying to imply. Before he was cast on Heartstopper, Locke was doing theater. It’s not a secret. Sweeney’s people knew about him because he’s the lead on an extremely popular show. All it needed was a single inquiry to gauge his interest and ability."

I think he's just wondering how a performer not known for musicals ended up in this. The general public doesn't know how things ge

Musical or Play for Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman
 Feb 12 2024, 06:42:37 PM

The Front Page

A SAG Life Achievement Award for Barbra
 Feb 2 2024, 04:20:21 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "TotallyEffed said: "Missed oneday,pardon me."

Lainie did one day (2 performances).

Linda Gerard did like 5-6 performances as Barbra’s standby.

Barbra did NOT just miss “one day.”

"

Barbra has claimed she only missed one day. That isn't true, as you point out, but you can't blame folks for believing the lie. 

Feb 2 2024, 01:18:56 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Right, so she did an 18 month run on Broadway in a beast of a role and only missed one performance but she has no technique. Got it.

Congrats, Barbra!
"

Barbra describes herself as lazy and admitted she hated doing Funny Girl and her run in that show is one of the only examples I've heard of (Brando in Streetcar and Kahn in Twentieth century being the other two) where a performer became notorious for phoning it in half the time

Feb 2 2024, 12:38:52 PM

What a wonderful interview. Thanks for finding that. I doubted he said that because it just makes no sense. Indeed, he says you may be shocked, and indeed I am. Even geniuses are wrong and I am going to guess he saw her on one of her many off nights where she slept walked through Funny Girl because she was bored. If anyone acts a song it's Barbra. Listen to any of the recordings she and Steve collaborated on. What a baffling statement, Steve!!!

Feb 2 2024, 10:08:45 AM

Jay Lerner-Z said: "She must have manifested it through the power of her mind, the "universe conspiring" to help her.

Not that it is not deserved. It is. She is a great actor, better on screen than on stage. Stephen Sondheim was not that impressed with her in Funny Girl, he said she was unable to act and sing well at the same time.

She has been in some dud movies but her own acting work has always been wonderful. I'm guessing this will mean a lot t

Denzel Washington to return to Broadway in OTHELLO?
 Jan 31 2024, 07:45:34 PM

They should do an updated adaptation ala Fat Ham. Maybe call it OH HELL NO! 

Reasons People Don't Like Musicals
 Dec 26 2023, 07:20:23 PM

I think Hogan has given the best answer. In the mid-60s popular music and Broadway music diverged. Most people have very narrow taste in music. 

Another reason: around that same time you saw the rise of the singer/songwriter. To this day the expectation that a singer should be singing their own songs has only gotten stronger in the popular culture. How many times have you heard someone criticized ("she doesn't even write her own songs etc."). Our culture developed id

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You