News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EdmundOG

Member Name: EdmundOG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Fun 'Wicked' one-liner.  Jan 27 2009, 02:39:21 PM
In retrospect, it's a many-liner, but I meant the bit at the end
Fun "Wicked" one-liner.  Jan 27 2009, 02:35:14 PM
Saw this on another board and thought y'all would get a chuckle out of it...

Nessarose receives a good deal of poor press (rightly) for enslaving Boq and his people thanks to her obsession, but it's entirely his fault in the first place. I can understand him taking her out the one time, but would it really have killed him to say he wasn't into her? In Act Two goodness knows how many years have passed and he STILL hasn't told her, making him to blame for the Munchkin enslavement. He swal

re: Bye Bye Birdie is definite in 2009-10 Roundabout plans  Jan 26 2009, 01:04:15 PM
To all debating the ages: Albert is 33. It says so in the first scene. And I hope Albert is short, schlubby, and Jewish. I know Peterson isn't to Jewish a name, but look at his mother, for cripes sake.
re: Brad Pitt and George Clooney fight over Professor Higgins Role in MFL r  Sep 25 2008, 12:25:32 AM
Jeremy Irons? He's older, but I'm in the 'Meh, whatevs' department there. I've seen clips of him singing the songs and he's hells good.
Addams Family Musical.  Jun 3 2008, 02:16:59 PM
" Making "Thing" more than a severed hand? What else is he?"

I assume they'd just make him an Arm that comes out of a box, like on the old show.

re: How did 'Wicked' lose Best Musical to a show about puppets?  Jun 3 2008, 07:54:06 AM
True. And even the puppets have more expressiveness than the masked actors in Wicked.
re: stage door culture  May 25 2008, 03:55:48 PM
Throwing more support to the "It's not a dang verb" crowd.

"Verbing weirds language." - Calvin

re: Addams Family Musical.  May 25 2008, 08:50:46 AM
"You need a great sense of subtle comedy, nothing over the top and he is great at that."

Subtle? Gomez Alonso Addams is SUBTLE!? That head-standing, lawyer-fencing, knife-throwing, Morticia-ravishing, train-smashing, acrobatic maniac?

Of all the Addamses, Gomez is the most in-your-face energetic excitable crazy of them. Subtlety is not required.

re: any musicals that would be better as PLAYS?  May 25 2008, 08:42:17 AM
It's not a stage show, but if you took out most of the music, The Hunchback of Notre Dame would be one of Disney's greatest. There's good stuff there, but a lot of it just strikes me as Disney hadn't yet realized they could make non-musicals.
re: The Phantom Of The Opera  May 25 2008, 08:37:32 AM
It's okay. It's got some of the worst lyrics ever put to music, though, so be warned.
re: stage door culture  May 25 2008, 08:33:47 AM
I don't understand why anyone who's not a teenager waits at the stage door. I did in high school, but I do feel a bit silly doing it now.
Rent opinion question: Is Mimi a horrible person?  May 7 2008, 11:25:47 PM
I mean, she meets a guy and learns that he used to do drugs and he wants her to quit. So what does she do? She tries to sex him up, tempting him with said drugs, and not informing him that she is HIV positive, despite her having no idea that he is.

So a couple scenes in, and she has tried to put a former junkie back on junk and give him AIDS.

So for whatever reason, probably trying to save her from herself, Roger begins dating her. She's feeling great. No drugs, going back,

re: Which TV celebrities would be great on Broadway?  Mar 14 2008, 02:49:31 PM
She was on a few episodes of "The Office" as Jim's girlfriend, but no, she's not a TV celebrity.
re: No Mention Of What Should Be The Obvious Next Disney Musical  Feb 12 2008, 11:36:50 PM
"Dirty Disney, like in the lion king it says sex in the clouds. (seriously it does)But you need the original tape."

Yeah! And my sister's roommate totally knows a guy who...

It's not true, man. Sorry. It's not even clouds, it's the puff of dust and leaves that blow over to Rafiki after Simba plops down on the ground. And it says SFX, as the Special Effects team put it there as an in-joke.

Don't believe everything you read.

re: Offical Spamalot lyric change - From Spears to Posh  Feb 12 2008, 11:31:11 PM
"Is Britney really mentally ill? I missed that..."

Um... What did you think she was?

re: The Little Dog is Not Happy About Chicago's Prudishness  Feb 5 2008, 08:40:14 AM
Sounds like the nudity is important, so either they've changed the script, and Beane's in the right, or else the characters are naked but their nudity is concealed, in which case, Beane's a whiny baby.
re: Favorite, and least favorite curtain call.  Feb 1 2008, 12:32:32 AM
To satiate my ego, I'll say my favorites were The Man Who Came to Dinner and Medea. I played Whiteside and Medea, respectively, and it's so nice to have the final bow.

On the flip side of ego, I played Rocky in Rocky Horror, and was stuck in traffic when they were choreographing curtain calls, so they put me first. Look, I know he's not the most important character in the piece, but the dang show's named after me, I should be bowing after Eddie. Dude's got one song.

re: I SAW THE WORST PLAY OF ALL TIME  Feb 1 2008, 12:27:28 AM
Ooh, New York Post gossip columnist's upset about trashy entertainment. That's a nice glass house she lives in. Shame to see it shatter.
re: GAG ME WITH A RAZOR: Why I Hate Tim Burton's SWEENEY TODD  Jan 31 2008, 01:48:42 PM
Roquat - Great name. But I take issue with you. An operetta is necessarily light in tone. It's part of the definition. Sondheim was probably referencing the more humorous aspects of the script, but the work itself is not operetta. It's more a mix of operetta and Grand Guignol.

If you knew that and were referencing the same, I'm sorry, but I've long been annoyed by people thinking operetta means 'almost all singing with some talking'. Frankly, it's an irritating term which is damned tric

re: A Stylized HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL? Help!  Jan 29 2008, 09:29:54 AM
I would say the best way to do something new and unique is to not do High School Musical.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You