News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for White_Lotus

White_Lotus Profile Photo
Member Name: White_Lotus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 06:27:10 AM

UWS10023 said: "What was she referencing when talking about taking the show in another direction? Isn’t it pretty much set in stone by now? Is she talking about some sort of deception that happened early on?"

I am fairly convinced that the "other direction" Beanie was referring to in her Insta post is that the producers opted not let her continue through September and brought her out of her contract so that they could get someone else in to save the s

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 10 2022, 10:51:18 PM

Jul 10 2022, 10:46:50 PM

Laurapattifan said: "I remember when this production was in London and everyone hated it and dragged the star for missing performances and for her performance. History repeats itself."

Correct me if I am wrong but I do believe this is not the same production that starred Sheridan Smith in London. 

Jul 10 2022, 10:35:24 PM

BroadwayGirl107 said: "White_Lotus said: "Funny Girl isn't the greatest of shows, but it's a classic show nonetheless and much consideration should have been given in casting the leading lady with someone who was going to do this role justice.

An embarrassment for all involved.
"

I actually think there is a legitimate discussion to be had about how bad of a show Funny Girl is and that we probably don’t ever need to rev

Jul 10 2022, 10:20:42 PM

This long-awaited revival is one for the history books. It was misguided on (almost) every conceivable level beginning with the casting of the show's leading lady. 

What were they thinking? Whose bright idea was it to cast someone whose singing voice is completely wrong for the role in the hopes that their voice would improve over the course of the show's run? 

Funny Girl isn't the greatest of shows, but it's a classic show nonetheless and much

LEAH MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
 Jul 5 2022, 11:16:26 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "IF it’s true? Where ya been, bro?! Her behavior is well documented from former colleagues on both Broadway and TV projects. AND she herself has apologized which validates her owning her bad behavior. IF?! Dude…

“I apologize for my behavior and for any pain which I have caused,” Michele posted in a lengthy statement on Instagram.“One of the most important lessons of the last few weeks is that we need to take the time t

LEA MICHELE to do 6 nights a week in FUNNY GIRL while Benko does 2
 Jul 5 2022, 06:20:33 AM

It is incomprehensible to me that people lack the grace to continue to hate anyone and in by doing so continue to punish them for the "sins of the past". 

Many do bad things in life that but that doesn't necessarily make them a bad person.

However, I do believe people evolve and people do have the capacity to grow and to change. I also believe in redemption. 

Lea Michele is older now, perhaps wiser, a married woman and a mother. She is in a complet

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World
 Jun 4 2022, 05:10:45 PM

I agree with the creepiness factor of all it all and those on here that are attempting to defend their reasons for doing so are doing themselves absolutely no favors.

Jun 4 2022, 04:46:00 PM

Episode 16 is the episode that focuses on Amy Powers and her involvement with the show. It is quite an extensive podcast with a total of 17 episodes. 

Tonys to honor COVID Safety Managers
 Jun 4 2022, 04:40:23 PM

I agree with the sentiments expressed by others in this thread. The honor should be extended to the others cited not just the safety managers. 

May 30 2022, 06:10:05 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "But on a serious note I did like the documentary but had one minor quibble.

They cited that Company in 1970 captured the vibe of NYC back then with its contemporary sound totally ignoring the fact that Promises, Promises did it first in 1968. Company even “borrowed” the idea of using pit singers to enhance the sound from Promises - not to mention Bennett and McKechnie as well.

Those stills of McKechnie in her negligee dancing the

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
 May 17 2022, 12:42:01 PM

What wonderful, wonderful news!

I am very excited for this gala presentation of "Parade". The original  Broadway production starring Brent Carver and Carolee Carmello at the Beaumont in 1998 is one of the most thrilling I have experienced in my theatre-going life.

Micaela Diamond and Ben Platt are both gifted and talented and I look forward to hearing them sing this score.

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback
 May 15 2022, 09:23:43 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Why you continue to waste your time arguing with a person 500 times in a row who doesn't come to New York and see theater and knows very little about it is beyond me. He's a plant here designed to troll and harass. His fav guy in New York City is Amar Ramasar.

Do not engage.
"

Is joevitus the forum member you are referring to SuttonRoss?

Bartlett Sher's production of MY FAIR LADY will play London Coliseum beginning May 7, 2022
 May 15 2022, 08:08:35 AM

The Sound of Music at La Mirada
 May 15 2022, 07:36:43 AM

FosseTharp said: "LOL When I read the subject line my brain registered as “The Sound of Music at La MaMa” and I got really confused for a split second."

Ellen Stewart is getting a kick out of this from the “great beyond”. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 15 2022, 07:28:41 AM

lucynewlife said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I have 2 friends working on the film and they heard some of Ariana’s rehearsal material and she’s indeed singing the score as written. Not in her pop music stylings. Erivo’s Elphaba is completely her own and truly makes all the others who played the role on stage, including Menzel, sound like high school musical theater students."

The idea that Erivo is making some exceptionally powerful vocalists

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback
 May 11 2022, 06:51:36 PM

I understand Patti’s outrage, I sincerely do…but her response to the “mask offender” was too aggressive in the sense that she had all the power in this particular situation by “losing it” in the way that she did.

She had already scolded the offender, she should have ignored the additional rude comments made and let security do their job. It was inevitable they would be asked to leave.

She chose instead to unnecessarily hurl an expletive at th

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 May 9 2022, 08:02:03 PM

while i personally have not seen beanie perform as i opted to see julie benko (who did a great job) - the production as a whole is guttered with flaws.

it is from my pov a very poorly designed show.

add to that a miscast and poorly received leading lady and you have a most unfortunate situation.

i don't see this show running much longer.

which is a shame because i was rooting for it from day 1.

i was hoping for a nostalgic hit on very much the same l

FAT HAM wins 2022 Pulitzer Prize for Drama; finalists are
 May 9 2022, 03:47:29 PM

i highly enjoyed watching it last year while on lockdown.

congratulations to james ljames.

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!
 May 9 2022, 03:41:04 PM

i was really taken with her performance the night i saw her.

she was exemplary.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You