News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Emma_Pillsbury

Emma_Pillsbury Profile Photo
Member Name: Emma_Pillsbury
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway  Mar 21 2023, 05:21:38 PM

Sutton Ross said: "heybaby said: "People saying Colton Ryan has no sex appeal... are you f'ing kidding?!"

Same baby, same. It's like, have you seen him in TheGirl from Plainville with his shaved head? Or in Little Voice where he seranades a sad girl with his gorgeous voice in the rain? Ugh.

Brutally Hot. Can't wait to see this!
"

I don't see it at all. Diff'rent strokes for diff&#3

ABC to present BEAUTY & THE BEAST Live film with performances  Dec 14 2022, 01:51:15 PM

I'm not a fan of this concept. It comes off as schizophrenic. Either play the film or do a live version for television. This is one of my all-time favorite Disney animated films and to see it be given this kind of treatment for its 30th anniversary is a bit disconcerting to say the least. 

The photos only serve to solidify how I feel about this venture. Another poster pointed out that it looks cheap, and I agree, It does. 

I will definitely sit this one out

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 25 2022, 06:57:55 AM

Would this show still even be open without Lea Michele?

Lena Horne Theatre renaming set for November 1  Oct 22 2022, 04:59:00 PM

I was under the impression that they were re-naming the Nederlander in her honor as that was the theater where she enjoyed her biggest success. 

I wonder what criteria was used to make this selection.

Why her and not someone like say, Ruby Dee.

Patti LuPone gives up equity card  Oct 17 2022, 12:36:26 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "So it is official now! July 31, 2022, was Queen LuPone's last time on a Broadway Stage! The Great Bright Way won't be the same without her! We do not deserve the amazing talent she holds!"

We also do not deserve to be subjected to her infantile behavior. 

Future Norma’s in SUNSET  Oct 9 2022, 04:10:36 PM

Linda Eder 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Oct 1 2022, 06:26:18 PM

Something about that photoshopped yellow rose sitting on top of her head seems odd to me. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 30 2022, 09:29:28 PM

LukeDAP2 said: "Emma_Pillsbury said: "I referenced the character not the actor. The character of Puck is not a pedo. Have a wonderful evening clutching your pearls!"

I've got no pearls to clutch, and I'm not sure how not wanting a children's abuser mentioned is clutching one's pearls. That said, if you were referencing the characters, then why would Puck and Santana be "smiling down from the heavens"?
"

You seem

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 30 2022, 06:36:51 PM

LukeDAP2 said: "Emma_Pillsbury said: "I am just so extremely proud of our Rachel. She has come such a long way. Mr. Shue and myself are over-the-moon with her success.

I'm sure Finn, Puck and Santana are smiling down on her from the heavens.

Well...maybe not Santana...
"

I'm a huge Gleek too, but bringing the pedo into this conversation is... not a good look.
"

I referenced the character not the actor. The character of Puck is not a pedo. Have a wonderful evening clutching your pearls! 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 30 2022, 05:18:00 PM

I am just so extremely proud of our Rachel. She has come such a long way. Mr. Shue and myself are over-the-moon with her success.

I'm sure Finn, Puck and Santana are smiling down on her from the heavens.

Well...maybe not Santana...

Why did 'Shucked' at Nederlander change it's name from 'Hee Haw'  Sep 30 2022, 12:56:17 PM

Oh my, they've cast Alex Newell as Lulu. That's....interesting.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl  Sep 30 2022, 12:51:32 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "Dancingthrulife2 said: "Owen22 said: "This is entirely a vindication for those of us who way back, pre-Beanie, complained when Bartlet Sher miscast Lauren Ambrose in the role and we said "Why isn't it Lea Michele?! It should ONLY be Lea Michele"!!"

And you’ve never seen Ambrose perform the role in its entirety. If it is revelatory as her Eliza Doolittle, I would splurge in a heartbeat.
"

Luhrmann on an ELVIS stage musical: “I don’t know how it wouldn’t be.”  Sep 30 2022, 12:45:25 PM

Yes please, and thank you.

Music Man Cast Recording  Sep 29 2022, 12:12:12 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Listening to Sutton foster just really made me wish I could listen to Rebecca luker on the 2000 revival cast album."

I second, third, and fourth that sentiment. Luker was perfection.

Working Girl/Cyndi Lauper  Sep 29 2022, 09:54:16 AM

Well, whatever they make of this I sure do hope it turns out better than The Devil Wears Prada.

Ben Platt TONIGHT at the Hollywood Bowl  Sep 26 2022, 01:03:16 PM

I don’t believe that Ben Platt is turning his back on musical theater as some of you claim just because he has chosen to do a tour that focuses on his pop music. 

There is room for both.

Harry Styles, Bruno Mars eyed for KINKY BOOTS movie  Sep 25 2022, 09:27:45 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "uncageg said: "Bruno Mars has been with his girlfriend, Jessica Caban, since 2011. They live together."

Charles Laughton and Elsa Lanchester were married for 33 years (until his death). He was gay (and allegedly, so was she). What’s your point?

Anthony Perkins was married to Berry Berenson for about 20 and Grover Dale to Anita Morris for 21 years - so I do see your point. Dale and Perkins were actually lovers b

Leslie Odom, Jr. PURLIE Revival?  Sep 25 2022, 09:52:55 AM

If in fact EDSOSLO858 is right that Odom is going to star in Purlie Victorious - the play and not Purlie - the musical then all this back and forth on the casting of Lutiebelle and who is able to sing it is moot. 

On the other hand if it is Purlie they are reviving then yes, they hopefully will cast a Lutiebelle who  will do justice to that character’s two big solo numbers. IMHO - Michaela Jae Rodriguez is completely wrong for the role. 

I saw the ENCORES production back in 2005 and as good as Anika Noni Rose was in the role the shadow of the great Melba Moore still looms over this role. It’s a tough act to follow…

Music Man Cast Recording  Sep 24 2022, 11:05:40 AM

No doubt this is a lushly orchestrated effort thanks to the legendary touch of Jonathan Tunick marred IMHO by the vocal performances of the two leads. 

I am not a fan of Jackman's renditions of these songs and Foster is vocally mis-cast as Marian Paroo, give me Barbara Cook or Shirley Jones. 

I do appreciate the effort made to preserve as much of this score that was possible but this recording is nowhere near definitive. 

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?  Sep 23 2022, 01:08:54 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "theatreguy said: "PipingHotPiccolo said: "I know nothing, but if shes opening Here Lies Love in the spring, how would she be available for an Encores! run in June?"

She would be with Here Lies Love through the Tonys on June 11. Then take 2 weeks off to rehearse and perform Piazza. And then go back to Here Lies Love.
"

AGAIN, I know nothing, and from what I've heard, I hope this is true, not trying

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You