News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Chase Miller

Member Name: Chase Miller
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical returning as immersive experience in the UK
 Aug 1 2023, 09:49:34 AM

What makes this immersive?

“Monty Python's Spamalot” is coming to Broadway?
 Jun 29 2023, 11:17:39 PM

The original production was so great. I don't really know what you could do with this show to warrant a revival. How is this current production? Are they putting a spin on it? New take? I'm not quite sure this piece warrants a revival unless they do something completely different with it, but I can't think of a way. 

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jun 6 2023, 02:27:35 PM

Why is he leaving?

THE LITTLE MERMAID – Broadway 2009
 Jun 6 2023, 09:35:56 AM

It's a shame no one has cracked the code of putting this on stage yet.

Daly and Schreiber will lead DOUBT on Broadway
 Jun 1 2023, 10:47:01 AM

Love this show. Can't wait!

Actors having their contracts terminated on their first Broadway show
 May 31 2023, 11:26:21 PM

Seb28 said: "nasty_khakis said: "LarryD2 said: "Matt Cavanaugh in the 2009 revival of WEST SIDE STORY:https://nypost.com/2009/11/06/west-side-whack/"

I worked FOH during this and while I can't say I was present for the actual conversations it seemed to just be Arthur's fickleness. He basically was in LOVE with Matt until one day he wasn't and was basically ice cold to him, not renewing his contract in favor the new stand-by Jeremy Jordan who Arthur was in more than love with basically. Then, oddly enough, Jeremy himself talked about how Arthur one week said he was the best he's ever seen the role/he's a revelation/what an angel to being told he's worthless in an email from him. Arthur was...Arthur.
"

I have had this experience in a production once, where the director and producer was narcissistic. He had a long history of this kind of behaviour. He came into my dressing room, was totally enamoured by me, promising me a more luxurious hotel than the rest of the cast, totally putting me on a pedestal, which I truly didn't want but I always reacted gracefully and professionally. And then after a month, he fired me, it turned into blind hate, he couldn't even stand to look at me or talk to me any longer, he just erased me.

The worst part here is that I was very professional and kind and everybody else in production liked me, and it was like he became jealous of that. This whole issue had nothing to do with work, professionalism or quality. It was purely the fickle love bombing turning into hate bombing of an unstable narcissist.

I was devastated, I gave blood, sweat and tears in the grueling audition process and my family was so proud I had landed this job. I now had to explain to them and my agent that I was let go. I really had a hard time processing this. I also started to realize that this must happen everywhere. And that every little personal obsession or hate projection of a person can erase you in showbusiness.

I wish there was more we could do about situations like this. Maybe

a psychological test for directors, or look at their past, or put more people in charge of a production that do not allow these kind of personal things to happen, who look at the professional stuff, it's very difficult."

I'm sorry that happened to you. People think being a professional is being a straight up jerk and it's really not. That seems to be a problem in every industry. 

May 30 2023, 11:29:26 PM

Kad said: "Actors who do not continue with a show due to closure do not have their contracts terminated. There is no longer a show to work on. Contracts are for a set period of time or until the show closes, whichever comes first. Termination is equivalent to being fired, not being laid off.

Unless the actor is fired for cause (ie- unprofessional conduct), they are paid out for the length of their contract.
"

Is there a consensus on what wit

May 30 2023, 10:59:38 AM

George in DC said: "To get back to the original question, James Weissenbach was let go from the role of Franklin Shepherd in the original "Merrily We Roll Along" and replaced by Jim Walton before opening night. It was his first and only Broadway show."

Does anyone know why he was replaced?

May 30 2023, 10:28:45 AM

Bryce 2 said: "Todd Buonopane was fired during the first week of the First National tour of Shrek. Not sure if a reason was ever given, but he was replaced by his understudy for the rest of the tour."

Interesting. I wonder why he got cut. 

May 30 2023, 08:01:05 AM

Does anyone know, in situations like these, are the actors always bought out of their contracts/Severance  or do they not get paid for the shows they didn't do? Would these terminations technically be without cause or with cause?

May 30 2023, 07:48:15 AM

These stories are very insightful. Thank you everyone.

May 29 2023, 11:15:43 PM

Does anyone know of any actors ( in lead or ensemble roles) that have had their jobs terminated (with cause or without cause) as Broadway rookies? National tours can count as well. I understand this is an odd question but it’s for a thesis. 

NYT: Who Will & Should Win at the Tony Awards (2023)
 May 10 2023, 10:10:53 AM

There's no way Groban is going to win for Sweeney Todd. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 3 2023, 11:25:37 PM

jlindsey865 said: "I really hope they don’t explicitly show Elphaba living at the end like they do in the stage show. As much as I do enjoy the show, I think that part of the finale is so corny.

I would be fine with the implication that she lives, but I hope it’s not super obvious.
"

Everytime I have seen wicked (6 times) when Elphaba comes out of the trap door, the audience gasps and goes crazy clapping. It's always been a cro

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)
 May 1 2023, 01:50:31 PM

I’d love to see this board’s reaction if Sarah Porkalob gets in for featured actress. 

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 28 2023, 08:14:34 AM

I recently found various audio clips of the show and Colton's voice sounds great. Not sure why his singing is getting criticized on here. He's a very strong singer.

Nathan Lane Breaks Down His Broadway Career: Playbill.com
 Apr 27 2023, 12:11:05 AM

This was an awesome video. I hope more Broadway actors get a chance to do this. 

Why was Victor/Victoria shut out of the Tony Awards?
 Apr 22 2023, 12:10:22 AM

How do I watch the proshot?"

https://youtu.be/qGIxw77_YsY

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 22 2023, 12:08:08 AM

I guess I don't understand why he couldn't here the music? The entire audience can hear the orchestra so  why wasn't he able to? What do speakers do? Do Broadway casts usually have a hard time not hearing the orchestra and are forced to have speakers?

Why was Victor/Victoria shut out of the Tony Awards?
 Apr 21 2023, 12:01:37 AM

I find it odd that the nominating committee is only 50 people.  Is that right? That seems very small. Doesn't the Oscars have hundreds of people who vote on who to nominate? 

Regarding the Victor/Victoria sets, having the design categories not be split between play/musical, makes a bit more sense why victor/victoria didn't get in. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You