News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jeff Tupolski

Jeff Tupolski Profile Photo
Member Name: Jeff Tupolski
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 03:02:28 PM

Final predix:

Play: Stereophonic

Musical: Hell’s Kitchen

Play Revival: Appropriate

Musical Revival: Merrily We Roll Along

Actor in a Play: Jeremy Strong — An Enemy of the People

Actress in a Play: Sarah Paulson — Appropriate

Actor in a Musical: Jonathan Groff — Merrily We Roll Along

Actress in a Musical: Maleah Joi Moon — Hell’s Kitchen

Featured Actor in a Play: Eli Gelb — Stereophonic

The Drama Desk Awards 2024
 Jun 11 2024, 05:43:51 PM

HenryTDobson said: "blaxx said: "I don't really remember these awards having multiple ties in different categories, especially three way ties, is that common?"

I think since the categories are not gender specific, they choose two winners from the nominees. In the case of three winners, I would assume there's a tie. Interesting to note that Brian is the only male-identifying actor to win a performance award.
"

Patrick Page also won

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 05:18:19 PM

I get that these shows run long, but Stereophonic not being allowed to perform is ridiculous. It’s the most Tony nominated play of all time, and in terms of acclaim, it leaves every nominated musical this year but Merrily We Roll Along in the dust. The Tonys being unwilling to spotlight a number from a show that’s considered a genuine contender to win Best Original Score is just dumb.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 06:47:59 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Jeff Tupolski said: "Rentaholic2 said: "What has Hailey Kilgore been up to?"

Think I said before during the initials rumors, butshe’s my current top choice for Louise. Then round out the main trio with Brian d’Arcy James.
"

I actually would love to see Danny Burstein play Herbie.
"

You’re making me waiver on my choice. I love me some Burstein.

May 29 2024, 03:52:51 PM

Rentaholic2 said: "What has Hailey Kilgore been up to?"

Think I said before during the initials rumors, but she’s my current top choice for Louise. Then round out the main trio with Brian d’Arcy James.

May 29 2024, 03:46:51 PM

We’re eating good

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 May 16 2024, 12:21:01 PM

My bad. Sorry for the confusion on my part, and thanks for making things clear.

May 16 2024, 10:57:22 AM

There’s nothing to get pissy over but there was something to correct. If that read as getting pissy, sorry, it wasn’t my intention.

With how often award show discussions devolve into tearing down your favorites’ competition, I’ll give Green credit for pushing back on that a bit. The takeaway from that article shouldn’t be that he thinks most of the winners will be undeserving when he stressed that he felt otherwise.

May 16 2024, 10:20:25 AM

Green didn’t say any of his predicted winners are undeserving. He explicitly said his personal favorites are not necessarily more deserving and that there’s often little if any gap in quality between his predictions and preferences.

May 14 2024, 01:46:07 PM

TinyTuchman said: "Jesse Green is laughable. Anyone who has seen Stereophnic knows that Eli Gelb is deserving of Best Featured Actor. He’s the heart and soul of that show. They very well may cancel each other out, but Eli gives the most layered performance on that stage."

Gelb would be my choice, but I don’t think it’s egregious to have another Stereophonic actor as his favorite. Like he said, they’re all deserving.

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 14 2024, 01:38:34 PM

I’m not the biggest Ragtime fan, but that’s a really exciting trio of leads. Add in Lead DeBessonet directing, and I’ll be there.

Anyway, I’d just like to throw Will Swenson as Lockstock out there.

2024 Outer Critics Circle Nominations & Awards
 May 13 2024, 11:08:23 AM

What you’re saying doesn’t really add up since all the non Broadway acting awards had male winners, though with a woman and non-binary actor tying for two. Same with Odom being higher than Strong on the all gendered ballot since he wasn’t even nominated here, nor was Strong at the Drama Desk. So the only category they’re sharing is the all male Tony’s lineup.

Edit: And the Drama League Award, but that’s really not equivalent to the smaller Tony l

Adam Guettel deserves to win
 May 11 2024, 04:44:38 PM

I’d be happy with a Guettel win, but if I was voting for a musical I’d go with Here Lies Love. Still, Stereophonic is my choice and think that’s gonna take it.

Maybe it’s just cause I find Suffs’ score to be far less interesting than these three, but I really don’t think it wins here.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 10 2024, 12:30:07 AM

Had to skip right to the final version of Bright. Teared up over it again. Now listening in order and falling in love with this show all over again.

If Stereophonic didn’t transfer…
 May 8 2024, 04:41:12 PM

quizking101 said: "MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "I'd add Michael Imperioli for a potential Featured Actor nomination. It's a big scene chewy role. And since Stereophonic has 3 men in the category, I think Imperioli, Keen, and Esper would be next in line to take their spots.

I completely forgot about Imperioli and that’s sad because he did leave an impression on me.

"

I feel bad for Imperioli. He didn’t get a single n

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 6 2024, 10:48:16 PM

ShowBro said: "Play Esq. said: "While ^ is true, I found Diana, Holly, and Reg to be quite likable.”

For me there was no resolution with Diana’scharacter arc. The only time she got up the nerve to stand up to Peter was in the last actwhen she was coked up which made me like her a little less.

"

She stood up to him several times, including before the last act. The time you seem to be thinking of was just Diana at her

Fastest win to EGOT LMM or Pasek/Paul
 May 2 2024, 07:17:46 PM

It was my favorite of the season’s songs, but beyond that I think it’s a smart submission. It’ll likely stick out to the average voter more than the other songs given how many times they repeated it. And unlike the Oscars and their love of awards bait ballads, this category is fairly kind to silly songs like Which of the Pickwick Did It.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 Apr 30 2024, 09:12:06 PM

I don’t think I’ve noticed much talk about her missing, but I’m surprised Francis Benhamou didn’t make the lineup. It definitely seems like Betsy Aidem competing as a lead was a smart move, cause I’d have thought Benhamou would be ahead of her if she stayed in Featured Actress.

I didn’t expect either of them, but it would’ve been nice to see Jay O. Sanders or Billy Eugene Jones recognized for their work in Purlie Victorious. It would&rsquo

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 30 2024, 09:00:02 PM

chrishuyen said: "Jeff Tupolski said: "For anyone else who uses it, GoldDerby’s prediction center is now open for the Tonys.

Seems there’s a bit of a disconnect in a few of the early odds there compared to what people are saying here.
"

GoldDerby is fun (partially because it lets me save all my predictions in one place), but I do think people on there tend towards celebrities and probably vote down the line a bit more (though there's usually someone that gets very close).
"

Yeah, they’re the best option for organizing your predix, but in terms of odds, they leave something to be desired with the Tonys. It’s a lot harder to keep up on Broadway than movies, television, etc. and in addition to pushing mainstream celebrities ahead, it feels like a lot of users often just pile on to whatever got the best odds early on. Which happens elsewhere, but the lack of visibility makes it more noticeable here.

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 30 2024, 08:48:37 PM

I feel a bit lost in some of these categories, but here goes. Just doing the winners right now instead of numbering all the nominees while I still gather my thoughts.

Play: Stereophonic

Musical: Hell’s Kitchen

Play Revival: Appropriate

Musical Revival: Merrily We Roll Along

Actor in a Play: Jeremy Strong — An Enemy of the People

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You