News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jeff Tupolski

Jeff Tupolski Profile Photo
Member Name: Jeff Tupolski
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tony Awards Eligibility 2023-2024  Apr 19 2024, 07:09:46 PM

I don’t think this really hurts Plunkett much at all. Mendez and Neuwirth looked like stronger competition than any of the lead actresses to me. It’s a pretty open field where nobody seems to check all of the right boxes yet. That includes Plunkett given how little she sings and her show’s mixed reviews, but I still see more of a path for her right now than if she competed in Featured.

Harewood might have been set back here though. It feels like there’

SUFFS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 10:47:43 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Mr. Wormwood said: "Not raves but definitely liked well enough comparatively in this season to get a Best Musical nod"

Bingo. They have an advertising campaign that will launch them into double digit nominations, i'd guess, with that stacked cast. wishing it all the best.
"

I’m not expecting a lot of acting nominations here. All but one of the actresses are in what looks to be one of the mo

SUFFS Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 18 2024, 10:36:32 PM

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Apr 14 2024, 02:33:07 PM

jkcohen626 said: "Wallace killed it, of course, and Guys and Dolls is already a huge hit. But, it feels odd to not do Luck Be a Lady or Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat. Is Take Back Your Mink more iconic than I realize?"

No, you’re not wrong. Even in terms of Adelaide’s songs alone, there are several more iconic ones than Take Back Your Mink. It’s not the high point of the role, but if you’re gonna highlight Wallace, this is arguably

PATRIOTS to open at the Barrymore Theatre for 12 Week Run beginning April 1st, 2024  Jan 22 2024, 10:59:19 AM

I was hoping Hollander would come over with this, but  Michael Stuhlbarg can do no wrong in my eyes, I’m sure he’ll be fabulous.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?  Jan 5 2024, 11:39:35 PM

Valentina3 said: "Herbie is such a thankless role that anyone the caliber of Stokes would be a waste. Having said that, Raul Esparza has been away from Broadway for way too long and would be a great Herbie..."

I don’t really think Herbie’s a thankless role. I get why people say that, cause of the three central characters, it’s by far the least flashy showcase, but historically, this part has registered and registered positively. All but one of Gypsy

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews  Sep 30 2023, 10:50:45 PM

Based on what I’ve seen so far and their prior work, I’d be happiest to see Chip Zien win for a long overdue first nomination.

Charlie Stemp CRAZY FOR YOU West End - P/reviews & Discussion Thread  Jul 8 2023, 11:48:27 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Kad said: "West End musical audiences are hard to predict. How many Broadway hits have transferred across the pond only to flop?"

And then, sometimes, the opposite happens: a show that gets received with a shrug in NYC gets a much better reception in the UK (LEGALLY BLONDE, GROUNDHOG DAY, AMELIE,YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, CHARLIE & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) with audiences and/or awards.
"

In that

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 3 2023, 01:49:49 PM

Neither Comer nor Chastain’s performances are polarizing. Whatever criticism they’ve received is clearly outnumbered by the raves for their work.

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 2 2023, 09:16:52 AM

UWS10023 said: "I thought Gavin might get a nod."

Weird how there was all this talk of voters not remembering the show, and yet they snubbed one of the only actors who’s remained with the show this whole time while recognizing his long gone costars. He blanked this whole season and should’ve been nominated, same for Alex Joseph Grayson.

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  Apr 30 2023, 11:27:07 AM

I’m all for surprises, but I’d hate Josh or Ben missing out. I loved their work and I think it would feel like such a slap in the face to snub them when they have showcases this big for a field that’s not particularly competitive. However, I think they’re safe along with Ghee.

TimeOut NY’s TONY* Nominations  Apr 29 2023, 11:25:27 AM

I had been thinking Groban for awhile, but I’m now leaning towards Ghee. It feels like he’s got the right mix of passion and narrative right now.

Despite the change, I’m not reading into the Drama Desk or OCC snubs, it’s different bodies and they snubbed Josh for his previous Tony nominated performance too. Same for Platt with Drama Desk.

Manilow and Sussman's Harmony Coming To Broadway  Apr 27 2023, 10:21:30 PM

Here’s hoping this Broadway move gets Chip Zien his long overdue first Tony nomination.

2023 Drama Desk Nominees  Apr 27 2023, 01:05:03 PM

BCfitasafiddle said: "Ensemble1680343767 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "Really interesting to see Ben Platt not nominated for this or the OCC's."

Groban either
"

Wow. True. Literally no idea what to expect on Tuesday with the Tonys.
"

I wouldn’t read too much into it at least for nominations. I’m sure they’re making the cut.

2023 Drama Desk Nominees  Apr 27 2023, 12:56:44 PM

Really hate that OCC and Drama Desk are nominating Merrily leads in featured when the production has actual supporting actors who are worthy of recognition.

Why wasn’t Alex Newell nominated for Once On This Island?  Apr 10 2023, 10:01:07 AM

Newell was good when I saw them, but I remember a lot of people saying they didn’t care for Alex and that they got worse in the role over time.

And as others have said, their part is really just belting out the one number. Personally I think Merle Dandridge’s performance was the show’s supporting standout and should’ve been recognized. Though in her case, she left the show early, which probably hurt her shot at a nomination.

Oliver Awards - Watch in US?  Apr 3 2023, 11:19:27 AM

Very happy for Paul Mescal and Jodie Comer, two of my favorite rising stars

SWEENEY TODD 2023 Cast Recording  Mar 30 2023, 11:38:22 PM

Not surprising, but still wonderful news

WAY TOO EARLY 2023 Tony Award Predictions  Mar 29 2023, 06:28:55 PM

Musical Actor is competitive, but the most interesting race to me is Featured Actor. I feel like Creel, Cooley, Matarazzo, Del Aguila, Donica, and Grayson all have a good shot at winning.

SWEENEY TODD (2023) Reviews  Mar 27 2023, 12:04:23 PM

I’m thinking Gaten and Ruthie will get deserving nominations alongside Josh and Annaleigh. I also think all of them but Ruthie have a solid shot at winning, though for now I’m just predicting Groban.

Anyway, after the divided takes on here, I’m very happy to see such great reviews for this production. I really loved what I saw, I’m glad critics did too.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You