News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Musigamist

Member Name: Musigamist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 6 2024, 03:47:49 PM

I’m going Monday night and regardless of anything else, I have high hopes for the 21 piece orchestra performing that score.

Sam Mendes to direct new Jack Thorne-penned play about the Richard Burton/John Gielgud 'Hamlet'
 Jun 22 2024, 01:54:21 PM

Per Deadline, transferring to a Shubert theatre next spring with Gatis, Flynn, and Middleton reprising their roles.

ELF Returning to Broadway this November
 Jun 14 2024, 11:24:52 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Musigamist said: "Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

I dug a little into the tickets page; the official ticket seller is Telecharge (thusruling out the Marquis which uses Ticketmaster) and itwill have both a lottery and rush.
"

Ah; you appear to be correct, but I would venture to guess that if they’ve left the Telecharge info up that they intend to keep it rather than choosing a template without it. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough.

Would a Vladimir Putin Santa just give everyone coal or would some kids get more coal than others? hmm

ELF Returning to Broadway this November
 Jun 14 2024, 11:05:50 PM

Beanmatt2 said: "There's a website and Instagram."

I dug a little into the tickets page; the official ticket seller is Telecharge (thus ruling out the Marquis which uses Ticketmaster) and it will have both a lottery and rush.

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 21 2024, 01:00:34 PM

Musigamist said: "I’ve gotten to get to “Complete Purchase” four times and the system fail."

Finally got through for my preferred date

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 21 2024, 12:29:36 PM

I’ve gotten to get to “Complete Purchase” four times and the system fail.

Darren Criss and Helen J Shen Will Lead MAYBE HAPPY ENDING on Broadway
 May 14 2024, 11:28:58 AM

For anyone interested in the Atlanta run, the Alliance has quite a bit of content for the show on their Youtube channel. 

https://www.youtube.com/@AllianceTheatre/search?query=maybe%20happy%20ending

May 7 2024, 12:38:09 PM

"Strictly limited run! September 5 - November 24" according to the email I just received.

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 26 2024, 06:16:14 PM

"My Days" from Notebook just nudges out "Great Expectations" in my book, but they're my top two for sure.

"Waiter's Song" from Here We Are is one I haven't stopped thinking about as well.

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies
 Apr 22 2024, 08:10:47 PM

Vincentelli for NY Times is mixed/leaning positive: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/22/theater/heart-of-rock-and-roll-review.html?unlocked_article_code=1.mk0.N4AY.6baIxy0zCPPM&smid=url-share

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 21 2024, 09:47:28 PM

WSJ is mixed/leaning negative: https://www.wsj.com/articles/cabaret-review-eddie-redmayne-gayle-rankin-bebe-neuwirth-broadway-revival-7905c413?st=ps72ebr5cuo8tpb&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 21 2024, 09:43:44 PM

Is this another "raves in London, so we have to hate it in NY?" Or is it really as bad as these reviews make it seem. Either way, that $26 million's gotta be a weight on somebody's shoulders right about now. And hey, the name recognition will probably pull it through, but the path seems a little tougher than maybe was previously thought?

What Next For The Majestic?
 Apr 21 2024, 05:22:49 PM

jkcohen626 said: "TheatreFan4 said: "Phantom4ever said: "Sweaty Oracle is now reporting Audra's Gypsy is going into the Majestic, although he also just said that Stranger Things is going in.

Hasn't she explicitly said there's no truth that she's doing Gypsy?
"

Audra deflected a question in a red carpet interview, but didn't outright deny that it's happening. She didn't look straight into the camera and say "I, Audra McDonald, am not doing Gypsy next season and have no plans to do Gypsy," she laughed it off and said something to the effect of "haha, lots of rumors swirling... just rumors though..."
"

To your point, here’s the Playbill article with the exact quote from February: https://playbill.com/article/not-her-turn-yet-audra-mcdonald-speaks-out-about-gypsy-revival-rumors

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 17 2024, 09:29:59 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Why does Cleveland Playhouse have so many ~active~ subscribers? Do they just have no other competition in the area?"

Having been based in Cleveland for a couple of years now, I can say that the support for the arts and other cultural activities are quite strong here and is seen not just at Playhouse Square, but in many other ways as well. For example, the Cleveland Orchestra is considered tops in the country and routinely sells out its 1

2024-2025 Touring Season
 Apr 16 2024, 08:43:46 PM

Cleveland, OH:

October: Beautiful Noise 10/8-10/27

November: Some Like it Hot 11/5-11/24

January: Pi 1/4-1/26

February: Parade 2/4-2/23

March: &Juliet 3/4-3/24

April-May: Shucked 4/22-5/11

June/July: Kimberly Akimbo 7/15-8/4

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Apr 15 2024, 11:58:50 AM

If you were choosing to sit in one of the side orchestra sections, would you choose house left or right?

LEMPICKA Reviews
 Apr 14 2024, 08:40:42 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Ugh. I don’t like these late night review dumps lol"

Stick it so late hopefully everyone's asleep and then too rushed on Monday morning to check in on them. It's a strategy; I'll give'm that.

London Trip July 4th
 Apr 6 2024, 01:51:00 PM

I’ll be there just after that myself and I have Starlight Express and Hello Dolly booked in addition to several you have listed. If you haven’t seen Operation Mincemeat or Guys & Dolls those are good choices. Orange Tree Theatre is doing Noel Coward’s Suite in Three Keys and it’s rumored that ‘Till the Stars Come Down may transfer from the National Theatre. Additionally, the Menier should be opening The Baker’s Wife around then according to Stephen

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 2 2024, 10:15:25 AM

Got in chose my seat, clicked to go to checkout—and, got kicked out to the waiting room.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Apr 2 2024, 10:04:42 AM

No tickets listed. Ridiculous

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You