News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AlixEG1

AlixEG1 Profile Photo
Member Name: AlixEG1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's the Broadway show you've seen most?
 Dec 21 2005, 01:28:16 PM
Rent - about 10 times

re: Current Recording Obsession
 Dec 14 2005, 10:34:05 AM
The I Love You Song from Spelling Bee. I just can't stop listening to it. It is so touching, and the harmonies are fantastic.
re: FOOTLOOSE THE MUSICAL
 Dec 10 2005, 03:39:40 PM
I loved Footloose - saw it three times on Broadway. Who would have thought the CD would be so expensive now! I was just listening to it last night while walking home :)
re: Rachel York to join Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
 Dec 7 2005, 07:03:13 PM
I am REALLY excited that Rachel will be joining the cast!! I have not seen DRS yet and was hoping to go soon, but now I will wait for her to start - great news in my opinion!
re: A Broadway Time Machine...
 Dec 5 2005, 07:24:07 PM
The original cast of Into the Woods - I know I can watch the DVD but it is not the same.

Carol Channing in her original run as Dolly - I saw her in the most recent revival which was an experience, but it would have been fun to see it from the beginning.

Anything with Jerry Orbach - would have loved to have seen him on the stage.

re: How often do you see musicals in a year?
 Dec 5 2005, 05:57:40 PM
Broadway:
LITP (2)
Wicked (2)
Fiddler
Spelling Bee
Spamalot
La Cage
Phantom
Producers
Little Women
Doubt

Off Broadway:
Musical of Musicals

I feel like I am forgetting something - but it looks like about once a month I see a show.

re: Ben Vereen Staying Put
 Dec 1 2005, 07:16:47 PM
I enjoyed him more than anybody I have seen in the past. I am happy to hear that he is staying and hope that I get to see him again before he goes. He added so much more life to the character in my opinion.
re: Are people......
 Nov 22 2005, 04:25:40 PM
I have sat in the 4th row there - I don't recommend it. The screen is quite large and your neck will get tired. The middle of the "orchestra" seating is great.
re: Are people......
 Nov 22 2005, 03:58:46 PM
I am planning to get there around 10:30 or 11. The theater is huge so there really is not a bad seat, you can just be pretty far away from the screen in the rear most seats. I am really just going for the experience and figure I will see it again soon and be more concerned about my seats then.
re: TKTS question
 Nov 17 2005, 05:43:54 PM
I went last Saturday and got there by 11AM and there was a huge line. I wanted to see DRS and that was not on the line - nor was the Color Purple. It does change every week so there is no guarantee that those shows will not be on there but as it gets closer to Thanksgiving the line gets larger due to increased tourist crowds. I would get there right when it opens if not before.
re: Dream Revivals...
 Nov 17 2005, 04:41:31 PM
I would love to see a revival of Into the Woods with Bernadette Peters as the witch again. Unfortunately I was too young when it was on Broadway and Vanessa Williams did not do it justice in the last revival IMO.

Something with Rachel York as the lead, I have loved her in everything she has been in and I think she should become more of a household name.

re: Kyle and Wax Lion Back Together!!!
 Nov 16 2005, 04:16:11 PM
Have fun and take lots of pictures!!
re: Rent Blog Update - Midnight Showing
 Nov 15 2005, 04:53:03 PM
I will be there. And I still have two extra kids tickets if anybody is interested - I will give them away for free. I am crossing my fingers some of the cast will be there. I don't want to hear anybody sing along with the music - maybe some mooing would be ok though :) I have always pictured the whole audience clapping along to Seasons of Love...guess I'll have to wait and see.
re: Musicals you loved immediately
 Nov 14 2005, 07:57:03 PM
Rent
Into the Woods
Wicked
You're a Good Man Charie Brown
Thoroughly Modern Millie
Cabaret

re: I got my Rent movie poster and wristband!
 Nov 14 2005, 07:47:32 PM
Those are great pictures, thanks for sharing!! Man, I wish I was still a student and could get out in the middle of the day.

As always, Adam is dreamy....sigh

re: I got my Rent movie poster and wristband!
 Nov 14 2005, 11:22:54 AM
I wish I could make it, but unfortunately I am stuck here at work for the rest of the day! Have fun everybody and as a side note I would definitely get the poster signed over the CD - much more fun to display!
re: who still jumps when they see a RENT trailer on TV?
 Nov 14 2005, 11:14:06 AM
I still jump every time I see them, but I have actually started not to watch them in detail because I want an element of surprise when I see the movie. It is so hard not to watch, but I know it will be fun to see a lot of the scenes for the first time in the movie theather rather than on the TV.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 11 2005, 05:20:02 PM
I hated Cats
Phantom should end its run
I loved Footloose - saw it several times
I don't like any ABBA songs and refuse to see the show for that reason
Harvey Fierstein is one of the most annoying people I have seen on stage - he totally ruined Fiddler for me
I think Millie is a great musical

I want to say something else good about a show, but honestly all that comes my mind quickly are bad things about shows so I won't say anymore...

re: The 12 Days Of Rentmas
 Nov 10 2005, 10:41:29 AM
This is great. I am especially amazed that Rentheadut completed it at 3:00 in the morning! Well done!
re: Rent 10th Anniversary
 Nov 4 2005, 09:34:27 AM
Nope - the invitations will not be mailed until February or March 2006 so probably the save the date cards will not be sent until December or January?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You