News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for corsairstw

corsairstw Profile Photo
Member Name: corsairstw
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Junior BFA music theatre student

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Company Cast Album
 Dec 11 2006, 01:12:28 AM
I really hope it happens. I want to hear it so badly!
re: Very Cool New JRB Song!
 Oct 29 2006, 10:39:31 PM
I can't wait to hear the rest of this show. I have a feeling that it's going to show some very true emotions from 13 year olds, something that's not too often done in a tangible way such as a musical.
re: Children's theater. A scam?
 Sep 22 2006, 11:07:51 PM
I agree that in many cases, it's totally a scam. In my opinion, it's taking something as sacred as the theater and turning it purely into a money-making machine. I mean, kids should be exposed to the theater but to be in a cast with between 50 and 100 other children running around is not what theater is about. It almost makes me sick to think that people are taking advantage of something like this.

It does however depend on where you do it. When I was a kid, I was in performances at the

re: Usher in Chicago
 Aug 24 2006, 03:19:48 PM
Wow... Well, at least he's not half bad. I auditioned for Billy Flynn at my school yesterday and I have a callback tonight along with the dance audition! I guess I just have a hard time seeing celebrities in Broadway roles when they're engraved in my head as a hip-hop performer or music video actor.
re: Sweeney Todd; Filming starts Feb. 5th
 Aug 16 2006, 11:20:12 PM
I truly hope it doesn't become a mainstream thing... with all those emo and goth people. Yes it sort of has that appeal on the outside but there is just so much more the the musical that those people will never understand.

Yay! for them finally getting started on the movie!

re: Audition for Billy Flinn
 Jul 30 2006, 05:45:24 PM
Excuse me... Billy Flynn. Haha, I might want to know how the man spells it if I'm going for the part ;P.
Audition for Billy Flynn
 Jul 30 2006, 03:30:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a monologue suggestion for auditioning for Billy Flinn at my school. I'm singing "There's a Sucker Born Every Minute" from Barnum, and I need a monolgue that's sort of Flinn-esque. If you know of one you think would be good, could you also name the book it's in?

Thanks!
-corsair

re: Famous people who you saw at a broadway show
 Jun 21 2006, 12:43:25 PM
I got to meet David Hasselhoff when I saw "Spelling Bee" last summer. I even got his phone number because he happens to be good friends with my voice teacher!

It was kind of a surreal experience.

re: Wicked - please no more teenage attempts at this
 Jun 2 2006, 10:01:52 PM
Haha they took it down because of all the bad comments, I guess.
re: top five musicals?
 Apr 17 2006, 09:22:42 PM
My five favorite ones are probably:

1. Assassins (My all-time favorite)
2. The Last Five Years
3. Sweeney Todd
4. Light in the Piazza
5. The Producers

re: 11 yr Old boy singing 'Queen of The Night' Aria.
 Mar 4 2006, 04:35:08 PM
Haha I used to be able to hit those notes.
re: Summer Musical Theatre Camps...
 Feb 28 2006, 06:15:34 PM
I'm looking at Northwestern, NYU Tisch, Interlochen, and maybe Stagedoor.
re: The Last Five Years or Songs for a New World
 Jan 23 2006, 10:06:12 AM
Last 5 Years. JRB's musical voice is more developed and the songs are better.

Along with the fact that it actually has a running story.

re: Norbert's birthday!
 Jan 20 2006, 06:12:31 PM
My birthday's tomorrow! Yay! I'm only a day off from Norbert Leo Butz.
re: Tim Burton & Johnny Depp Team For 'SWEENEY TODD' Movie Musical Adaptati
 Jan 16 2006, 11:56:27 PM
That's AWFUL!!! This uneducated America is talking about "Sweetey" Todd, making jokes about something they don't understand, and disgracing a wonderful piece of work.

I hope that if Burton and Depp do end up with the film, they make a wonderful homage to Sondheim's original play, not destroy it in the process of making a movie.

re: 'Rent' DVD Back Cover Art, Also Packaged With 'Godspell' or 'Tommy' & O
 Jan 12 2006, 11:57:20 PM
Haha, I kinda feel sorry for Benny and Mark on that cover. They're like the 4th wheel of a tricycle.
re: Norbert Leo Butz Status
 Jan 7 2006, 12:59:31 AM
Yeah, Julie Andrews opted to get surgery instead of sitting it out. Surgery yields immediate results, but the voice never reaches the same potential that it had before the operation.

It's better to go to the trouble to not talk for like 3 months until it goes away by itself.

re: ASSASINS QUERY--its a gift
 Jan 4 2006, 10:04:15 PM
I'd go with the revival. "Something Just Broke" seems a little out of place, but adds a whole new angle to the events in the show that is needed.

Also, the sound quality is infinitely better.

re: RENT vs. PRODUCERS
 Jan 1 2006, 11:52:00 PM
Plus, Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane simply work magic on screen. No other way to say it.
re: RENT vs. PRODUCERS
 Jan 1 2006, 10:47:43 PM
The Producers

When I walked out of the theater, I was like "I liked this better than RENT even though I loved RENT."

I agree with 442namffug.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You