News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedJerseyGirl

WickedJerseyGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedJerseyGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Idina Menzel sings duet with Ray Charles on his NEW CD release!
 Sep 10 2005, 05:21:54 PM
Gad, I didn't think of that. They will probably think it's Jamie Fox.
 Sep 10 2005, 04:57:41 PM
It says "he" recorded the songs in 1998. I don't know. I think it's too obvious that it doesn't mention when the other artists were in the studio. I have never been a big fan of artists recording, like Sueleen said, karoake with a dead man. It seems this was a plan of his that he wasn't able to see to fruition. It could surprise me.
re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
 Sep 10 2005, 04:00:51 PM
WOODY ALLEN (He slept with his step-daughter, not Norbert)
 Sep 10 2005, 02:54:54 PM
It says that it was one of his last requests and something he had lined up before he died. I assume that means he didn't actually record with them.
re: Broadway on Broadway
 Sep 10 2005, 02:53:35 PM
Even if it did air, it only shows in NYC, right?
re: RENT scores PG13
 Sep 10 2005, 03:08:13 AM
I counted 6 F-bombs, 6 Sh*ts, 3 asses, 7 damns and 1 GD in the stage version...lol. And I am not sure if they will still put it in with this rating, but they did film a scene of actual drug use. Or that was at least my understanding.
re: Your hero's biggest mistake?
 Sep 10 2005, 02:54:10 AM
Not Leo! lildogs must have been talking about Woody Allen..lol.
re: RENT scores PG13
 Sep 9 2005, 09:22:22 AM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=866820&dt=090905083032
re: Help for a Newbie
 Sep 9 2005, 09:21:56 AM
Sweeney Todd would be perfect. I am hoping to catch it myself. I would LOVE to see Patti LuPone. It all depends on what style of musical you are into. I truly loved Wicked. If it interests you, definately catch it. If you want something lighthearted and upbeat, maybe Hairspray?

I would strongly recommend getting your tickets in advance. With all of the holiday travelers during the month of December, getting tickets the day of could be a nightmare.

Best of luck and wel

re: Rent Rating
 Sep 9 2005, 02:23:10 AM
I guess Idina's ass is not exposed in a sexual way so it can get in. But I know they shot a scene of explicit drug use.

I counted 6 F-bombs, 6 Sh*ts, 3 asses, 7 damns and 1 GD in the stage version...lol. I guess we'll see. Not a happy girl here.

re: Musicals and masculinity
 Sep 8 2005, 01:34:32 PM
I too hate when people make such a big deal out of the stigma attached to being "assumed gay" for liking musical theatre. The whole "being gay is okay just as long as no one thinks *I* am" thing pisses me off. It's just reiterating all of the opinions that there is something wrong with being gay. It's just like in the past few years when I have noticed younger people using gay as an adjective meaning stupid. Saying, "That's so gay," will set me off faster than just about anything else.
re: Dressing Up for the Rent movie
 Sep 8 2005, 01:13:34 PM
I really hope people don't sing along in the theatre, at least the first time I see it. After that, it's every renthead for themself!
re: Musicals and masculinity
 Sep 8 2005, 01:04:58 PM
It's funny. The two guys who first turned me on to MT in highschool were both straight. At our reunion last month it was great. One was married, the other engaged. We discussed the current shows and past obsessions and the fact that *I* was the one that ended up being queer. Everyone thought it would be them.
 Sep 8 2005, 12:16:40 PM
Yeah...um, I have a big ass. I try to avoid mooing in public places.
re: HAIRSPRAY movie still needs a director.
 Sep 7 2005, 11:36:51 PM
OT: There is a chance Kelly Osbourne will have the lead??????
re: elphaba610 reviews Into the Woods CD
 Sep 7 2005, 11:27:30 PM
Kiddo, follow the advice to look for the DVD too.
 Sep 7 2005, 11:13:41 PM
Not singing along is going to be a challenge. My girlfriend is already ill that I am making her go see it.
re: elphaba610 reviews Into the Woods CD
 Sep 7 2005, 11:11:56 PM
Elphaba, I told you to listen to Rent next. Baby steps, baby steps...
 Sep 7 2005, 11:08:12 PM
I am just going to wear my normal clothes and say I am Joanne. Hmmm, maybe I can find a hot chick in a catsuit to be my date. Finding the catsuit in Jersey shouldn't be too hard. heh heh
re: Photo Coverage: Bruce Vilanch Exits 'Hairspray'
 Sep 6 2005, 07:27:24 PM
I got to see Hairspray the week that Marissa was back back in July. I loved Bruce in it. His ad-libs were classic. He is one strange looking man and an even stranger looking woman.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You