News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gypsy71

gypsy71 Profile Photo
Member Name: gypsy71
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The critics don't like Wildhorn becuase he writes for the people?
 Apr 20 2011, 11:37:51 AM
The costumes caught my eye too...when they were done the first time...in WICKED! I mean do people not see the use of Shiz University blue uniforms or black and white ozdust reruns on the queen of hearts and the Nessa Rose black and white tights all over the place. Hilferty = a one trick pony.
John Tartaglia's IMAGINOCEAN
 Apr 27 2010, 09:00:08 PM
I agree.. I saw a matinee a few weeks ago and thought it was great. The kids were captivated and the bubble machine was a big hit. John was actually there that morning watching and I got to talk to him afterwards. I think it would be a great touring show also.
Actors Fund Valley of the Dolls last night
 Mar 17 2010, 12:25:27 AM
It was a great show with an excellent turnout and a responsive crowd. My only issue is all the previously announced people who werent there. First Jackson and seiber and then Hunter Bells last minute illness. I flew in for the day just to see the show and really enjoyed it.
re: Rent - current cast
 Jan 17 2007, 10:14:08 PM
I had the pleasure of working with Tonya Dixon last summer when she did the title role in AIDA. It was without a doubt one of the most memorable experiences that I have ever had working in the theatre. She is not only an unbelievable talent but one of the most honest, true and gifted people I have ever known. I cant wait to see her in Rent and I wish her much success.
re: Barbara Walsh
 Jan 13 2007, 07:09:34 PM
Thanks for coming to my defense. And by the way, when I posted, the title of the thread was Barbara Walsh, now all of the sudden its The Barbara Walsh Love Thread. And sorry to spoil it, just sharing an experience.
re: Barbara Walsh
 Jan 13 2007, 05:50:09 PM
Here is a story about Barbara Walsh. Back in the day I worked as a wardrobe/wig supervisor at a major regional theatre. Barbara was hired to be in one of our musicals. I was her dresser. To make a long story short she was nothing but difficult through the whole production. Disgusted that she had to kiss her leading man, (she would refuse to do it in rehersals), she also treated the local actors horribly, and others on the staff and crew like they were beneath her. The best part was after b
re: Wig Question
 Dec 25 2006, 01:44:49 PM
I have worked as a wig supervisor on several Broadway national tours and the answer to your question depends on several factors. The first being if its a period piece. The second is the amount of characters an actor portrays or the time span of the show. Third is the condition of the actors own hair or if they will agree to change their own hair for the show or not. And the most important is the budget of the show. Hair and makeup is one of the first departments to take a cut because people
re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
 Sep 27 2006, 09:51:31 AM
I saw this show two weeks ago and I was all set to go in and hate it. I left the theatre loving it. The production values were fantastic and the cast was top notch. I never stage door but there wasnt a huge crowd so I hung out. Every single principal in that show stopped and autographed playbills and took pictures and chatted with fans. True proessionals. I think it has a successful future when it becomes a national tour.
re: 'SHOW business' -- A Documentary on Wicked, Avenue Q, Taboo & Caroline
 Sep 13 2006, 07:34:58 PM
I also saw the screening at the Makor but couldnt stay for the q&a. I really liked the movie...well done and lots of behind the scenes footage as well as good insights into performers and creators lives. What Tonya Pinkins went through...WOW! Buy the dvd when it comes out...so worth it.
re: 'SHOW business' -- A Documentary on Wicked, Avenue Q, Taboo & Caroline
 Aug 19 2006, 12:01:43 AM
The Mankor is also having a Q&A after the screening. Ordered my ticket online today. Cant wait
re: What show do you think has OR had the best scenery??
 May 22 2006, 10:54:39 PM
Throughly Modern Millie

Great American Trailer Park Musical

re: Currently Listening to?
 Apr 15 2006, 11:32:11 AM
See What I Wanna See
The Color Purple
Songs From an Unmade Bed
The Great American Trailer Park Musical
The Iron Man (A Musical By Pete Townsend) I guess its a concept alblum. I found it at a used store for $2.50

re: NY hotels help!!!
 Apr 15 2006, 11:26:02 AM
Hey there,

I hope this helps. I used to stay at a great bed and breakfast at 46th and 8th called The Broadway Inn. It is pretty cheap if you book far enough in advance you can get a room for $99 a night. The rooms are small but they have a great continental breakfast and a nice staff. And you are so close to all the Broadway theatres. They have a website check it out.

Broadway ringtones
 Jan 11 2006, 10:51:41 PM
Hey there! Does anyone know of a site that has Broadway ringtones in polyphonic format to download...my phone is through att/verizon. Thanks for any help!
re: Bucks County Playhouse 2006 Season
 Nov 27 2005, 08:29:08 PM
I saw Gypsy with Joyce Dewitt a few months ago and I was embarassed for everyone involved. Production values were horrible! Talent was mixed.
re: Liz Pearce as Audrey
 Nov 27 2005, 05:49:08 PM
I have not seen her in that yet. But I have had the good fortune of working with her. I was the wig supervisor for Seussical and Liz was a Bird Girl. She was always fun, happy and a professional. One day her wig came off on stage. We had never pinned it because of all the quick changes. So here it was three months later and one night it just fell off. I of course was mortified because my wigs never fall off. Liz just came off stage, laughed it off, and told me not to worry. It was live
re: off-broadway cast recordings
 Nov 27 2005, 04:30:23 PM
BatBoy and Debbie Does Dallas
re: Bucks County Playhouse 2006 Season
 Nov 26 2005, 05:46:22 PM
I find the White Christmas choice interesting. Have the rights for the new Berlin show that is being done in San Fran, LA, and Boston been released already? And Kim Zimmer is doing the Graduate twice? Hopefully the star salaries will be invested in costumes, wigs, sets and lights.
re: 'Broadway: The Golden Age' Film
 Nov 25 2005, 12:46:46 PM
I also think it is a great film. According to the website a sequel will be coming out in 2006. www.broadwaythemovie.com is the website I think.
re: RENT US Tour Schedule
 Nov 24 2005, 07:19:06 PM
Thanks for the help..Fairly new to the site and didnt even notice that
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You