pixeltracker

If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude in The Wedding Singer

If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude in The Wedding Singer

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#0If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude in The Wedding Singer
Posted: 9/19/06 at 6:48pm

I recently caught a performance with Tina Maddigan and Constantine. I have to say that Tina has grown so much in the role that she's bursting at the seams! I thought she peaked as the perfect Julia when I saw her the last time, but this time she was friggin' over the top!! Can this girl get any crazier during one of my favorite scenes at the mall? She's all over that stage doing the wildest things. I also love it when she gets drunk during "Saturday Night in the City" and slurs her lines. Classic! Did anyone notice her new shorter haircut? Also, she had on a little jacket over her wedding dress. But, it's still not the same dress! Maybe she was cold. Haha

Now on to Constantine. I really, really loved Matthew's performance as Sammy, but Constantine is equally perfect in the role. Different, but perfect. It's a fun role and Constantine makes it his own. The chemistry between him and Amy as well as with Kevin was great.

But then again...it's all about the Tina! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 9/19/06 at 06:48 PM

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#1re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/19/06 at 6:57pm

Thanks for the review! Just 31 days more until I see this!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#2re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/19/06 at 7:10pm

Trust me, you'll be blown away by the blonde!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#3re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:05pm

And now I just found out that Laura's going to be back when I see it! GUUURRR, I really wanted to see Tina. Hopefully Larua won't be in.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#4re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:19pm

Count yourself lucky if Laura's in.

She's perfection in the role.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:21pm

Eh.....right.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#6re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:33pm

Just my opinion, Munk.

I saw both Benanti and Maddigan in the role and I thought Laura was far superior.

Then again, I don't think Laura would be as good as Tina if she were playing Sophie. The roles are different.

But Laura shines brighter to me as Julia.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 5:37pm

Well I haven't seen it since the first preview...and I thought Benanti was certainly okay, but I couldn't help but think she just lacked personality.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

The Stars R Aligned
#8re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:03pm

aw i loved Laura. she was so right for it
Tina ive also heard glowing reviews for

"Let me see some smiles... Not that phony 'sell-smile.' I want to see that 'I-love-to-dance-smile.'"-Larry, A Chorus Line My bumper sticker in 2100-DISCO STILL CONFUSES ME!!!! Oh by the way, Mr. Green called, he said "Get a CLUE!" Megan-And what about that wierd purple thing on happy meals Me-Grimmace or whatever the heck his name is. Megan-Yeah Me-What is he supposed to be anyways? Megan- I dont know I always thought he was Ronald McDonald's big stupid purple pet or the Hamburgler's hairball

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#9re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 9:18pm

They're both fantastic.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

WiiCKED x3
#10re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/22/06 at 10:17pm

When is Laura comming back?
I really want to see Tina for the 3rd time... but alas, all good things must end re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#11re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/23/06 at 12:04am

The Golden Hair is Dyed
The talent is real

Let's see if Laura returns
or if the show lasts
CURTAINS will be loading in soon.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#12re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/23/06 at 12:22am

Oh, so you saw her in the short skirt at Chatterbox? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#13re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/27/06 at 12:44am

What do others think of Constantine as Sammy? I found him to be incredible. Can he and Amy get any cuter together?

fanohmight
#14re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/27/06 at 12:47am

Phantom...You were at chatter box....????

snl89
#15re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/27/06 at 12:49am

I loved constantine! re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude I mean, I loved matt equally, but constantine was great!! he was totally akward, which made it totally hysterical. And yes, he and amy have AWESOME chemistry. Though, really, ANYONE with amy is hot :P hehe

I don't need a life that's normal. That's way too far away. But something next to normal would be okay. Something next to normal is what I'd like to try. Close enough to normal to get by.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#16re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/27/06 at 1:05am

I'd describe him as a big dork with a pretty high coolness factor.

Updated On: 9/27/06 at 01:05 AM

gypsy71
#17re: If I told you...I saw the girl with golden hair and American Idol dude
Posted: 9/27/06 at 9:51am

I saw this show two weeks ago and I was all set to go in and hate it. I left the theatre loving it. The production values were fantastic and the cast was top notch. I never stage door but there wasnt a huge crowd so I hung out. Every single principal in that show stopped and autographed playbills and took pictures and chatted with fans. True proessionals. I think it has a successful future when it becomes a national tour.

Its not where you start its where you finish..

Videos