News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicalTheatreGeek2

MusicalTheatreGeek2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicalTheatreGeek2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lady Day Previews
 Apr 12 2014, 08:13:31 PM
This isn't great quality, but she still sounds incredible:

http://somethingbypuccini.tumblr.com/post/81943490682/god-bless-the-child-audra-mcdonald-lady-day-at

There is another audio from the show on that tumblr account too!

Miss Saigon Parts
 Sep 9 2013, 02:36:08 PM
When my drama group did Miss Saigon I was a pole dancer in the Bangkok scene, and I'm male... But that is a different story entirely...
$59 Pippin Seats...
 Sep 1 2013, 04:40:12 PM
I was sat there when I saw the show and I thought the view was great, there was only one moment where anything was missed, but it wasn't anything significant! I don't know how they compare to SRO though!
We Will Rock You to open on Bway next summer?
 Aug 12 2013, 11:23:25 AM
Whilst I agree that the plot is possibly the worst thing that has ever happened, the songs are obviously great, and the London production has a very good record of casting excellent singers in the lead roles, so you are basically paying to see the songs covered by belty musical theatre performs who throw in some fun vocal acrobatics!
The Bodyguard Home
 Aug 4 2013, 03:31:10 AM
Betty, what do you mean by it will do a ghost and that the audiences are diametrically opposite?
The five best 11 o'clock numbers in Broadway history
 Aug 2 2013, 02:46:17 PM
My top 5 are:

5) No Good Deed - Wicked
4) I'm here - The Color purple
3) Roses' turn - Gypsy
2) Being Alive - Company
1) Back to before - Ragtime

And before reading this thread I had never reay given much thought to what an 11 o'clock number was, but I always just assumed it was the number in the last 15 minutes or so where one of the main characters (usually female) has some emotional turn around and belts their face off!

Misleading advertising
 Jul 26 2013, 12:00:04 PM
Sorry Headband, I realised as I was typing that the point I was trying to make wasn't very clear, but it's been a long day so I isn't have the energy to improve it, but basically the point I was making is that they don't have to show exactly who you will see, as even when there is one person starring there is no guarantee that they are the one you will see!
Misleading advertising
 Jul 26 2013, 10:47:40 AM
Wicked London shows production footage from the Netherlands in adverts... It is just the production they are advertising, not the cast! Otherwise, surely it is misleading if there is an alternate, to not show some footage of them, as you might see them as well!!!
Worst show mishap
 Jul 18 2013, 03:46:36 AM
I am aware of two judas hangings, one in Italy about 10 years ago and one in brazil last year, but it was not in JCS, it was just in Easter passion plays. So that is most likely what you are thinking of and the story has just got a bit twisted!
Musicals with a Narrator Character
 Jul 8 2013, 09:06:56 AM
Murder Ballad

Judas in Jesus Christ superstar

Book of Mormon Tour cast
 Jul 3 2013, 10:57:50 AM
Mark Evans signed a 6 Month extension, but is currently on holiday back in the uk, so he will be back next week I believe and is due to leave the show in January!
Could London critics be giving Chocolate shade due to Matilda Tony snub?
 Jun 26 2013, 02:25:45 AM
I have to agree with the reviews, they haven't written a good score unfortunately, and I really enjoy the other shaiman and Whitman scores, they tried being too clever ala Matilda, but they aren't Tim Minchin so they were never going to pull it off! And the sets were good, but they aren't worth the entry fee for the spectacle alone like Spider-Man, so unfortunately I can't see this being super successful, it won't flop, but should run a couple of years!
King Kong to the Foxwoods theatre
 Jun 19 2013, 06:06:04 PM
A poster on the whatsonstage forums is claiming that king king is going to the Foxwoods theatre, he often comes out with rumours, but is right quite often (has been known to get it wrong as well though of course) has anyone here got any confirmation of this?
If Andrea Martin wasn't running for Best Featured Actress...
 Jun 14 2013, 05:16:54 PM
Well they gave the best replacement award to nobody they one year they ran it! But to be honest even if she hasn't been in the running she would have won it anyway!

Sasha Allen
 Jun 12 2013, 03:05:11 PM
Yeah I believe that Heather got it in her contract when she signed up to the show that she would open it on broadway as well! And I have to say I personally think she is phenomenal in the role and I love her voice, but I guess that is down to personal preference! I also like Sasha and agree she would be a great alternate! (and with Heathers record she would be on more than enough)
3 Horse Races
 Jun 9 2013, 03:04:32 PM
Patina Miller
Matilda
Kinky Boots

Legend? I doubt it.
 Jun 9 2013, 01:00:42 PM
I like to think of myself as Ivy Lynn. I have spent years in the chorus working my butt off, but never have had my chance to shine. Of course one day I will find my break out moment, when I create an incredible thread about Into the Woods, but my star won't remain high for long as just as I am breaking through, Jordan (the old bittered director) will get me pregnant, and by the time I return everyone will have forgotten about me and I will be too old for the chorus, so I will have to live out th
TONY Award Performances
 Jun 7 2013, 03:38:27 PM
Yeah, I expect matilda to do the naughty with the 4 Matilda's they did at the Olivier awards, and then go into revolting children (maybe with all 4 Bruce's?)
Adam Pascal sounds off on the haters!
 Jun 5 2013, 01:51:01 PM
Wow, it's like some people don't even know that being on broadway in in the top 5 most demanding jobs!
Chasing The Dream on Britain's Got Talent.
 Jun 1 2013, 09:31:11 AM
I didn't think it was all awful, but the choerography was poor, as were the first two singers. With some work the song could be alright, but it wasn't a great advert if that is the best of their show, and the bit they chose to advertise!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You