Is it happening?

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#2re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/8/07 at 2:25pm

Should be out beginning of June.
1 CD, not highlights, almost everything but some of the fight music.
Can't wait.

Updated On: 5/8/07 at 02:25 PM

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#3re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/8/07 at 2:31pm

Popular, I nearly crapped myself when I saw that video. Sooo funny.

sarab Profile Photo
sarab
#4re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/8/07 at 4:32pm

I love that video also! One of my favorites! I am looking very forward to seeing the show in three weeks, and I can't wait for the cast recording. They all look like they had a blast recording it according to Castcom!

Follow your bliss! I love Will Chase! I love Lisa Brescia! I love Stephanie J. Block!

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#5re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/14/07 at 9:18pm

CurtainPullDowner- On today's castcome, Alain Boublil said it WOULD be a highlights recording, because there's almost 2 hours of music in the show, but the cd is only going to be 75 minutes. I hope by "highlights" he meant what you said, but somehow I doubt it.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/14/07 at 9:25pm

Had it been better received, it probably would have been 2 CD's

This is probably the only alternative they had to no cast recording at all.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 5/14/07 at 09:25 PM

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#7re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/14/07 at 9:30pm

i cant wait for the cast recording!

i hope they at least keep some of the dance music from the wedding and christening, because those parts are gorgeous!

cant wait to have so many of these songs recorded, like "ill be there" and "woman" and "a day beyond belclaire" (or whatever it is)

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/14/07 at 10:18pm

I'm a bit disappointed that it's going to be a highlights recording -- the first original production to receive a highlights CD from this writing team, I believe, but I am glad that we are getting at least that and not nothing at all. Hopefully, with further work and incarnations of the show the full score will be preserved as a complete symphonic recording like Les Miz and Miss Saigon have gotten.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#9re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/14/07 at 11:19pm

By "Highlights" He may have meant not the entire score.
But I did hear from a cast member that all of the vocals we hear onstage were recorded.

What ends up on the CD we shall see.

I am so looking forward to hearing it.
Updated On: 5/15/07 at 11:19 PM

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#10re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:07am

I am sure if the show is successful enough they will manage to make a "Complete Symphonic Recording" to go along with the Les Mis and Miss Saigon ones. Not that it would help the thin orchestrations.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

RentBoy86
#11re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 12:36am

I'm excited for this. The show is doing...okay...gross wise. I hope it does well. And it may see more success in London, or somewhere else.

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#12re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 7:19am

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that there will never be a "complete symphonic recording" of Pirate Queen. There might someday be a complete recording, (perhaps in German or Japanese) but I don't think this show will ever be re-orchestrated for a large symphony orchestra.

Schonberg has frequently said that his vision for the PQ score was a small Celtic band, pipes, harp, Irish whistle augmented with electric guitar and synths. If PQ was reorchestrated for a full symphony it would sound exactly like Martin Guerre.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

amalou Profile Photo
amalou
#13re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:04pm

Boo hiss boo! The video was removed. re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording? But we're really sure this cd is coming out? I got strung along last summer with the "release" of lestat and that never happened. Pirate Queen has such great music and I NEED it!

"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#14re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:13pm

You can still see the video if you check out day 83 of castcom. I don't know why that one was taken down.
castcom - scroll down to May 7th

amalou Profile Photo
amalou
#15re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:18pm

yay! thanks! :)

"But I can tell you that Raoul, who was so handsome in "The Phantom," is now a drunken wreck."

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#16re: Pirate Queen Cast Recording?
Posted: 5/15/07 at 4:19pm

i'm with you amalou. i really wanted a lestat recording as well. i hope this comes through.

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!