News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jim2

Jim2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Jim2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Here's my findings so far
 Oct 13 2005, 07:39:22 AM
Has anyone ever used broadwaygetaways.com? Are the a reputable company? I found them as a link off of the telecharge.com website. There prices for hotels are pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with this company either good or bad?
 Oct 11 2005, 08:14:10 PM
I would not benefit from a discount on flight + hotel package deal because I will be taking either the train or bus to NYC.

Any other hotel suggestions?

Oct 11 2005, 01:33:57 PM
The list of hotels that I posted are only the hotels I have looked into so far. I am certainly open to and greatful for all other suggestions.

Also, feel free to comment if you do have any information about any of the hotels on the list and again, any that aren't on the list.

Thanks again for all your help!

Oct 11 2005, 07:41:03 AM
I do already have the show tickets. It's the only days I could get time off of work with the exception of weekends. I try to avoid NYC on the weekends because of the large crowds during the holiday season from Thanksgiving thru New Year's.
 Oct 10 2005, 10:23:45 PM
November 30-December 1
 Oct 10 2005, 09:57:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here are the rates I have found.

Westin-$529
Sheraton Manhattan-$459
Sheraton Hotel & Towers-$459
Marriot Marquis-$529
Hotel QT-$366
Milford Plaza-$189
Edison Hotel-$217
Belvedere-$247
Best Western President-$243
Comfort Inn-$244

Any thoughts?

Please help me plan my trip to NYC!
 Oct 10 2005, 09:11:10 PM
I am going to be in NYC the beginning of December and need a decent hotel that is reasonably priced (around $250), clean, and conveniently located to the Broadway Theater (53rd Street) for one night.

I have gone to tripadvisor.com and I must say I am more confused now than ever! It seems that every hotel I have looked at in my price range have so many horror stories written about them. I have stayed at the Broadway Inn (not available on the night I am going). I have also stayed at the R

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Show Suggestions Needed
 Sep 28 2005, 01:22:26 PM
Would you see Light in the Piazza instead of DRS?
re: Who's on your RENT Soundtrack Cover?
 Sep 28 2005, 01:21:35 PM
I was going to get Maureen and it was the only one they didn't have so I bought Roger.
re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Show Suggestions Needed
 Sep 28 2005, 01:18:18 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I did consider Spelling Bee but there is no matinee the day I would be able to go. It sounds like DRS is a lot of fun and has a great cast. I just checked again for tickets and I could get 4th row center orchestra, 8th row side orchestra or 20th row center orcestra. What seats should I go for?
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and Show Suggestions Needed
 Sep 27 2005, 10:50:39 PM
I will be in NYC in December. I already have tickets for The Color Purple and will have time to take in one more show. I was thinking of seeing DRS and now even more so since Sherie Rene Scott will be leaving in January. I don't really know much about this show at all. Should I consider this show or can someone recommend something else? Also, if I should buy tickets for DRS, what seats are good? I just searched for tickets. Are 4th row seats too close for this show given that some shows are best
re: Sherie's leaving DRS 1/31
 Sep 27 2005, 09:14:24 PM
Thanks for your response Hank. I thought my questions were going to get forgotten with all the Idina bashing.

re: Sherie's leaving DRS 1/31
 Sep 27 2005, 01:48:32 PM
I will be in NYC in December and will have time to take in one show. I was thinking of seeing DRS and now even more so since the OBC will be leaving soon. I don't really know much about this show at all. Should I consider this show or something else?
re: RENT film in Show people
 Sep 23 2005, 09:54:30 PM
Does anyone know if this magazine can be ordered online for those of us that unfortunately don't live in the New York City area?

Also, who is on the cover of the issue of Show People magazine that features this great Rent movie article?

White Christmas Question
 Sep 23 2005, 09:50:18 PM
This is the first year that White Christmas will be playing in Boston. With ticket prices so expensive these days I can't see as many shows as I would like to so I have to pick and choose wisely. With that said, is this show worth seeing? Tickets are $78 each not counting all the service charges.
re: 'The Color Purple' discount codes???
 Sep 19 2005, 08:56:04 PM
I have been wondering the same exact thing. Can someone please post some?

Thanks!

Opening Night vs. Previews
 Aug 26 2005, 11:47:37 PM
Is there any advantage to seeing a show on opening night instead of in previews?

I want to get tickets to The Color Purple and will be in New York City the week it opens. The only differences I could think of would be the ticket prices might vary and there maybe a chance to see some celebrities in the audience on opening night as opposed to the night before when it is still in previews. Would I be missing out on anything seeing it the night before it opens? Any thoughts or experiences?

re: Idina in Provincetown
 Aug 23 2005, 09:13:08 PM
She was dropped off and picked up in a white van at Sunday nights show. Nothing luxurious by any means. She very graciously waved at the line of people waiting to enter the Providencetown Theater since they had not opened the doors yet.
 Aug 23 2005, 06:50:37 PM
That's cool that she signed autographs on Saturday night. They announced it Sunday night after the show that she would not be signing any autographs. Having seen Idina in Rent and Wicked, I was prepared with my Playbills to have her sign them. Oh well, maybe next time.
 Aug 22 2005, 01:19:16 PM
Excellent show last night in Providencetown. Meagan, I was traveling from the north (Boston area) to the Cape. No traffic at all. It took about two hours and 15 minutes each way.

The set list was exactly as you listed before and also a good amount of "freestyling" when she introduced the band. She also had a question and answer section in the show where she welcomed anyone to yell out questions and she would answer them. The questions ranged from what was it like filming the Rent movie

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You