News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for magelet21

Member Name: magelet21
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: wouldnt jessica simpson make a good elphaba???
 Jan 17 2005, 08:54:53 PM
Um...what drugs were you taking when you posted that and was it just a ruse to get people to freak out?

If you were actually serious....did you miss the part where Elphaba actually needs to be done by someone who can sing? JS is a silly little blonde girl who looks good in short skirts...that's about it.

re: The question of Madame Giry's age versus Rhoul's in auction
 Dec 30 2004, 11:40:39 AM
I can't believe I'm THIS nitpicky...but

In French, gramatically speaking, an umarried woman is supposed to be called Madamoiselle. Always. Madame is reserved for married women.

It is Mme Giry, not Meg.

re: This 'Sutton Foster' person
 Dec 28 2004, 11:52:18 AM
I think she's pretty great.

She was great at B-Way on B-Way and as Millie in TMM

re: Which is your favorite LES MIZ cast recording?
 Dec 28 2004, 11:45:23 AM
Complete symphonic recording, by far.
A wonderful document
 Dec 24 2004, 12:56:04 AM
Personally, I loved it.

1. The Phantom was played extremely well. Sensual and erotic for the first third, scary and erotic (I'm twisted about it, deal) and then scary and almost pathetic (pitiful? hard to find a word choice) for the last third. Redemption accomplished. Very happy.

2. Emmy Rossum deserves her Golden Globe award for her role as Christine. She plays the character much better than I had expected and better than some stage interpretations I've seen. I also love her

discount tix
 Dec 24 2004, 12:52:48 AM
LOL

If Phantom was in danger of closing they wouldn't have stopped selling discount tix. Point of fact, the last day you could buy a discount ticket for Phantom was the 21rst. The producers know they can get full price now. There are no discounts for the foreseeable future.

I know, I have a membership with a discounter and I was checking for tix in feb. Sigh.

Gerry did a great job. Yeah, there were times when I raised my eyebrow, but I think that some of it fits t

re: Hugh Jackman - Phantom of the Opera
 Dec 24 2004, 12:45:28 AM
dear god I hope not

I was impressed by him in boy from oz, but I can't see him as Phantom.

re: Emmy Rossum: dubbed?
 Dec 24 2004, 12:44:33 AM
Seriously, I've been playing the cd non stop for about a week and half, and there's a slight difference but not enough that I'd say it sounds like a different person. My guess would be that it was the last song recorded since it's the most demanding.

And quite frankly, if they're open enough about Minnie being dubbed, why not admit it if Emmy was too. There wouldn't be any shame in having someone else sing PTO because of the demands. I believe (and perhaps I'm being naive) that if it

re: RENT Movie, set in 1985?
 Dec 2 2004, 07:47:44 PM
Please PM me with a link to the script?
re: kristen saves 'west wing'
 Dec 2 2004, 07:41:37 PM
Look, I love Kristin as much as the next person...but even she can't save WW.

It's sucked since Sorkin left. Last season was bad and, season 6 has led us from Bad to Worse.

re: what do people mean when they say a show is overdone?
 Dec 2 2004, 07:36:51 PM
I've always used overdone when a show is tacky and obviously is supposed to impress me when it underwhelms me

IE Dance of the Vampires

re: Phantom of the Opera Ad campaign
 Dec 2 2004, 07:34:55 PM
I just bought the highlights recording. They do a few funking things with the tempo, which works better in some songs (Masquerade) than in others (Music of the Night).

I'm actually pretty happy with it overall.

I never did like Sarah Brightman's interpretation of Christine..I've heard much better interpretations at various Broadway and Touring Productions.

re: beauty and the beast
 Nov 30 2004, 08:35:39 PM
How many twisted themes are in broadway shows?

Chicago---It's okay to kill someone as long as you can lie and flirt and dance your way around it.

Carousel---Domestic Abuse is lovely

Gypsy--the path to happiness is stripping

There are a ton of others and I'm usually much more sarcastic about this but I'm tired.

re: Fave supporting characters
 Nov 30 2004, 08:32:16 PM
I like

Rent-Alexi Darling
Wicked-Nessarose
Les Mis-Gavroche
Phantom-Carlotta and Mme Giry
Hairspray--Motormouth Maybelle
Beauty and the Beast--the Featherduster
Thoroughly MOdern Millie--Mr Graven

re: What's the big deal about Avenue Q?
 Nov 30 2004, 08:26:51 PM
Firstly, I found Wicked to be a wonderful musical. I doubt that it has the long running power of say, Rent or Phantom, but it's much better than you're giving it credit for.

Urinetown...was so not my cup of tea. There were a few good songs, or moments, but I didn't really find it to be that substantive.

Avenue Q...fell off my chair laughing, wiped away a tear or two, and related a little too well here and there (especially the mix tape song, and the wish I could go back to col

re: Clips of Wicked are up!
 Dec 13 2003, 02:12:46 PM
Can't play them, but I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my cd in the mail. I LOVED the show and I know I'll love the cd.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You