News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for knows_too_much

knows_too_much Profile Photo
Member Name: knows_too_much
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
 May 1 2006, 07:01:39 AM
Great work!
What programs did you use to create these?

re: Plays Everyone Should Read
 May 1 2006, 06:44:41 AM
Anything and Everything by David Mamet(sp) THE BEST modern playwrite of our time.

re: Lestat Reviews
 Apr 26 2006, 05:01:31 AM
I don't think it's fair to say it didn't have the material. I'm a fan of Anne Rice and her novels are rich and beautiful, but the movies havn't done justice to her writing, and from what I here niether has this show. If it's still open in July when I'm in NY I'll see so I can form my own opinion, but I have a feeling chances of that are slim at best. Other shows that have survived bad reviews(Phantom, Wicked, etc...) I knew people that wakled away loving them, but with Lestat the best I've he
re: Lestat Reviews
 Apr 26 2006, 04:31:51 AM
Awwwwwwwwww does this mean that there will be no Buffy the Vampire Slayer Musical?.... and I so wanted to see Sara Michelle Gellar in her Broadway debut
re: Sunday in the Park DVD
 Apr 26 2006, 03:36:34 AM
Of course the first time I saw the show I was young and loved the first act, but found the second act boring and nonsensical. The older I got, however, the more it grew on me. Now I have to say that I prefer the the second act to the first. I just find it to be more emotionally resonant.
re: Broadway Songs that are Overrated
 Apr 23 2006, 07:59:47 PM
Thanks InfiniteTheaterFrenzy I was thinking the exact same thing and getting ready to say it then I read your post. The only song I can think of that is overrated is the tittle song from Phantom of the Opera.
re: The Revival I am Yearning For!
 Apr 23 2006, 07:30:40 PM
The Seacret Garden - a show that I always thought was underrated but is beautifil. The show either need to be huge and epic, or very small and intimate. Nothing inbetween works, thats the problem with community theater productions of the show, they don't have the budget to produce it on an epic scale and I have yet to see a production that has the imagination to make a simple vision work.
re: `* 'Bye Bye Birdie' or Other Shows for Youth Theatre?
 Apr 14 2006, 08:22:23 PM
I've seen or been in great productions of the following shows done by that age group: The Wiz, Grease, Children of Eden, Once on this Island, The Music Man, Damn Yankees.
re: Sacramento Music Circus
 Apr 14 2006, 07:52:13 PM
If you've never been to Music Circus go it's a fun experience. The show quality varies GREATLY. It really depends on the director. I try to see a few every summer and have seen some of the worst shows of my life there but have also seen my favorite productions of Ragtime and Jesus Christ Superstar there(both had the same director). I put alot on the director because some shows litteraly a person comes out sings a song facing one way turns sing another verse turns finishes it's awful!!! Other
re: Best Dance Number in a Musical
 Apr 14 2006, 07:37:54 PM
Dance at the Gym WSS
Rich Mans Frueg(sp) Fosse(never saw Sweet Charity on Broadway)

re: The Lion King, Did i miss something ?
 Apr 14 2006, 06:29:10 PM
I love aspects of the show hate other aspects of the show,am glad I saw it, but will never see it again. What I loved and hated about it has all basically been said so I wont go into extreme detail. I think Julie Taymore is an extremly visual director. This, like her movies, is beautiful to look at but little more(her movies are stronger due in large part to thier casts). Being nice to look at sells on Broadway thats what non theater people want when they go to the theater. Why else would P
re: Sweeney Todd yesterday...cell phones and Patti LuPone
 Apr 13 2006, 10:50:41 PM
OT: I have a friend who said that if he were a serial killer he would chose his victims based on how obnoxious they're cell phone ring was.

I always thought that ws a great idea

re: CD's for Little Kids
 Apr 13 2006, 08:36:02 PM
I strongly agree with the people who said Seacret garden. I was about ten when it came out and my uncle bought me the casette(and tickets) for Christmas and it was my favorite.

Another idea that hasn't been mentiond yet though is The Wiz

re: Which Score Suffered Most When Turned Into A Movie
 Apr 13 2006, 06:30:36 PM
The score of Sweet Charity didn't suffer but the Audience did.
re: LES MIZ CALLBACK!!!
 Apr 13 2006, 03:03:20 PM
Break a leg!!!
re: Composers who copy melodies they had already written before
 Apr 13 2006, 10:45:46 AM
They're not note for note the same throughout, but the actual phrase Somewhere thats green and Part of your world are the same and I believe it was done intentionally.
 Apr 13 2006, 10:41:08 AM
Breaking charcter from Patti doesn't really surprise me. If you read her Web she vents about her frustration with the rudness of the audience, this just sounds like the straw that broke the Divas back.
 Apr 13 2006, 10:32:34 AM
I know it's "unprofesional" to break character like that, but good for them. Make the people who didn't turn off thier phone feel like $#!t!
re: John Doyle's Into the Woods?
 Apr 13 2006, 10:26:47 AM
I know they're a little different but...

Does know one remember the revival of Cabaret? John Doyle is not the first person to have actors playing instruments.

VonTussleGirl
I LOVE your concept for ITW, I think it would be great wheather they play instruments or not.

re: Composers who copy melodies they had already written before
 Apr 13 2006, 09:16:43 AM
Somwhere Thats Green(little shop of horrors) and Part of your World(Little Mermaid) are the same song.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You