pixeltracker

my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations

#0my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 6:57am

I havent actually seen these shows, so these illustrations dont represent the actual actors playing the characters, but the characters as i imagined them from listening to the original cast recordings.

please enjoy!

knows_too_much Profile Photo
knows_too_much
#1re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:01am

Great work!
What programs did you use to create these?

I Wish... Madeline Kahn could have played the Witch in Into the Woods. She would have rocked!

PaigeByPaige
#2re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:27am

That's really great!

All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#3re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:33am

Those are great!

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

apdarcey
#4re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 12:17pm

wait. i really love those.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#5re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 12:26pm

You could probably become very "popular" sending those pictures to the actors actually playing the roles. I've known lots of actors on Broadway who lament that they don't have cute graphics or logos to use on note cards and correspondence (a big part of being a lead in a Broadway show). It might even lead to some paid commissions...

Just a thought...

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#6re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 12:56pm

I love the Galinda illustration!!! And Michael Bennett makes a very good point - you should definitely think about sending the pictures to the actors.

Mary P x

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#7re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 1:03pm

they look incredible! damn, i wish i could draw.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#8re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 1:08pm

holy ****

I love your work! Keep em coming! I look forward to seeing these every day.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#9re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 1:15pm

"You could probably become very "popular" sending those pictures to the actors actually playing the roles. I've known lots of actors on Broadway who lament that they don't have cute graphics or logos to use on note cards and correspondence (a big part of being a lead in a Broadway show). It might even lead to some paid commissions"

That is a great idea and actors and actress love getting hand made things from fans.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#10re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 1:32pm

woa the Mary Poppins is brilliant. are you an illustrator?

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#11re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 2:24pm

Those are both great. Did you use Adobe Illustrator for these?

Akiva

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#12re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 2:33pm

Those are Wonderful!
Can you do TARZAN?
Updated On: 5/1/06 at 02:33 PM

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#13re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 2:43pm

The Poppins is brilliant. Nice work.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#14re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 6:30pm

Love the popins hand bag! Oh and umbrella...ok I love the whole picture!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Chrysanthemum62001
#15re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 6:35pm

OH, wow. These really are brilliant.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

mrslovett7
#16re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:13pm

if you have fanart, where would you send it? to the theatre or to the actor? i have some sweeney fanart that i would send to patti.

~H* "I slept through the nominations, as I always do. Anything I need to know, I'll find out when I get up at a reasonable hour!" -Michael Cerveris

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#17re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:17pm

love em!!

RIP glebby <3

SweetQintheLights
#18re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:23pm

Woah! A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

He has a website- www.nornsisland.com

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

donna_darko_23
#19re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:53pm

Love seeing your drawing...thanks for sharing them with us!

I agree - you should certainly send copies of these into the respective stars of the show, I'm sure they would love the pictures!

Yero
#20re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 7:55pm

Holy wow!
Awesome job!!!

"I have this mental image of Patti barreling down the street and pushing tourists out of her way." -colleen_lee

thevolleyballer
#21re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 8:06pm

Ah, I love them! What's your technique?

Also, to mrslovett7, send it to the actor. I sent a drawing to Stephanie D'Abruzzo, who passed it on to John Tartaglia, who posted it up on the bulletin board and took a picture of himself and Stephanie giving it a thumbs up and sent the picture back to me. re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations Updated On: 5/1/06 at 08:06 PM

Marlene Profile Photo
Marlene
#22re: my WICKED & MARY POPPINS illustrations
Posted: 5/1/06 at 9:12pm

Love 'em! Are they vectors?

Videos