News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Gun Shots In Curtains?

JaredBway
#1Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:17pm

Hey all,

Are there any gun shots in Curtians, and if so how many and is it obvious or does it come out of no where.

Thanks all

neddyfrank2
#2re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:26pm

I remember there being a few and they came out of no where. I jumped a few times.

thevolleyballer
#2re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:27pm

I remember being really nervous during one scene towards the end of the show -- I had no idea what was going to happen, but you KNEW something would.

I can't give specific times, but there are a couple. I suppose they'd be spoilers, so STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS.

The only one I remember is during "Kansasland." It's surprising, but it's not bad. And then I think there's one a little later with Bobby near the Orchestra Pit? I'm not sure though.
Updated On: 3/10/07 at 03:27 PM

neddyfrank2
#3re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:30pm

SPOILER

I also remember at the end of the Curtain Call when they all raised guns and the body fell down.

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#4re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 3:50pm

yes to both. i jumped about 2 feet after the first one, it scared the bejeezez out of me haha.

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Yankeefan007
#5re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 4:05pm

Yeah, there are a bunch. 1 comes out of nowhere, as previously said.

I won't give it away.

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#6re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:31pm

I'm glad someone asked this question. I, myself, am going to Curtains and, while I am quite excited, I have always has a slight phobia to loud noises (gun shots, pyro, etc in shows). The next line may be considered a spoiler about Jersey Boys (although I have seen it revealed in many ads) Are the gun shots any louder than say the one in Jersey Boys? And how many did everyone say is in the show in total?

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#7re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 10:53pm

I always jump at loud noises - HATE them - but I only remember that happening one time at CURTAINS.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#8re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/10/07 at 11:36pm

I suppose when we speak of gun shots we mean actual blanks being fired and not sound effects (or the like)?

dreamz
#9re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 12:05am

There are about 7 or 8 in total. I work there but haven't seen the whole thing I will check back tomorrow and post the actual amount if you like

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#10re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 12:11am

SPOILERS....maybe?

The curtain call shot is a sound effect...I think the others are blanks because they're louder...and yes, the first one scared the crap out of me.

kombatkoala
#11re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 11:05am

When it was in LA, there were two in the number that takes place in a saloon. I know there are a few more though.

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#12re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 1:01pm

Thanks dreamz. That would be appreciated.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#13re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 3:18pm

Gunshots - In a murder mystery ?

Who would have suspected this ?

Poster Emeritus

dreamz
#14re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 9:53pm

I didn't get a chance to see the first act this afternnon but there are 5 in the second act. Hope that helps a little
Updated On: 3/11/07 at 09:53 PM

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#15re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:03pm

Would someone give a spoiler and elaborate on this infamous first shot that scares the crap out of everyone?

Also, are most sudden and startling, or do you know they are coming after a while?

And thanks dreamz! Updated On: 3/11/07 at 10:03 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#16re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:12pm

I only saw the first preview - it could be different by now, but the only gunshot that was LOUD was that first one. And yes, I jumped a mile but no one around me seemed bothered. After that, you'll be fine. All the rest are lower in volume.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Yankeefan007
#17re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:14pm

Yeah, that's it. It was incredibly loud.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#18re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:15pm

SPOILER

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the first shot is in the Kansasland number. It's startling because thery're in the middle of a dance number when one of the characters is shot.

Yankeefan007
#19re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:16pm

That sounds about right.

The_Jackal2 Profile Photo
The_Jackal2
#20re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 10:45pm

Yeah, if it's the same as when I saw it in L.A. (and if i remember correctly) there is one really loud gunshot right in the middle of Bambi's big dance number in "Kansasland."
Also there was a scene, I believe it was in the second act, where it's very suspenseful and you can see the gunshots coming and those made me jump about a mile.
Hope that helped.

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#21re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/11/07 at 11:32pm

Thanks for the heads up all. I have seen probably close to 75 shows, and my stupid "phobia" of loud noises always annoys me. However, I refuse to let that stop me from seeing a good show, and that seems to be the case with Curtains. Thanks again all for the info.

Now Kansasland is in Act 2 right? (That's what is says on IBDB.) So nothing significant in Act 1?

Thanks again all!
Updated On: 3/11/07 at 11:32 PM

ThoroughlyModern Profile Photo
ThoroughlyModern
#22re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:00am

-SPOILERS-

Yep "Kansasland" was Act II. That shot scared the living heck out of me. Apparently the same went for the elderly woman behind me who shouted out a profanity.

I don't remember the gunshots that followed startling me quite as much, maybe because they weren't as unexpected. I still jumped though.

Updated On: 3/12/07 at 12:00 AM

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#23re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:03am

"Apparently the same went for the elderly woman behind me too who shouted out a profanity."

Haha that made me laugh out loud.

courtnyj Profile Photo
courtnyj
#24re: Gun Shots In Curtains?
Posted: 3/12/07 at 12:22am

BwayMania I hope knowing what's going to happen will allow you to enjoy the "Kansasland" number rather than cause you to be anxious and distracted knowing that it's coming. Maybe you'll even be able to laugh at the reactions of the people around you when they all jump and you don't. re: Gun Shots In Curtains?

Videos