Young Frankenstein News?

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#1Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:50pm

Young Frankenstein News?

so, what happened???

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#2re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:57pm

That's about it. "Size matters" is rather ironic with all this gossip about the Hilton and the fact that it's a larger theatre. Coinkydink I'm sure.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#2re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:57pm

There's many threads, but nothing ACTUALLY happened. A new billboard was put up saying "IT'S ALIVE! THIS FALL!"

or something like that...

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/24/07 at 6:59pm

I want to see Blazing Saddles The Musical

Poster Emeritus

BwayMania Profile Photo
BwayMania
#4re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 5:18pm

I would love to see Blazing Saddles the Musical. The poster, going with the same approach, sould simply say, "THE SHERIFF IS A NEAR!"

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#5re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 6:48pm

For recent news, follow the threads and news items announcing the Seattle opening out of town.

As for the Blazing Saddles Musical, I can just hear Slim Pickens' heir apparent singing "you use your tongue prettier than a hundred dollar wh*re"

"Life is a lesson in humility"

Jon
#6re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 7:14pm

But you could never duplicate the sight gag of Mongo punching a horse in the jaw on stage. If it aint a real horse, it aint funny.

Plus, much like HOLY GRAIL, the movie doesn't really have an ending - it just kind of falls apart when they leave the western set and end up chasing through the Warner Brothers lot. Like SPAMALOT, they'd have to create a conventional ending.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#7re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 7:38pm

If Gone With The Wind in London had a horse on stage, why not Blazing Saddles?

I always thought the movie had no ending so they would have to do something about that.

Poster Emeritus

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#8re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 7:47pm

Actually, I always loved the ending of Blazing Saddles...when Little asked Wilder where he was headed, and the ending disintegrated into an all out romp around the back lot. Of course, we could not do that on stage, but a horse is no problem. Heck, Curtains has that fake horse that DHP rides, so why not a horse or two for Blazing Saddles?

Now what do we do about the toll booth?

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#9re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 8:00pm

a real horse onstage is very tricky business. yes, it's done, but one that can fake getting punched? 8 shows a week? not gonna happen.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#10re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/27/07 at 8:06pm

I'm calling the ASPCA.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

SamIAm Profile Photo
SamIAm
#11re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/28/07 at 1:00pm

jrb, I believe we were all joking about this...just having fun with what they might do for this wacky musical. At least I was joking...I suppose I should not speak for anyone else. Yes, the laws surrounding the use of animals on stage are pretty strict and for dogs, horses or other animals, handlers, appropriate working conditions and access to food and water are strictly enforced by the unions. I would doubt Stroman and Brooks would go this way so maybe the fake horse approach used by Curtains would be the way to go...and they could even have a TEAM of horses and a carriage as in the movie :)

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#12re: Young Frankenstein News?
Posted: 4/28/07 at 3:02pm

Oh, I know--but then it did seem that some were considering the possibility for real. And, while I believe in trying any idea, I just know that horses are very skittish on stage--perhaps not all. Perhaps the ones who have the best training are not. It just seems like a very complicated bit.

And, if someone could make it work, they'd instantly deserve a Tony! re: Young Frankenstein News?

Videos