Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:28pm

http://www.broadway.com/template_1.asp?CI=42243&CT=38

How long will the discussions last?

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#1re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:29pm

GRRR.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

SethDaniels
#2re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:34pm

I read that on this site first. I feel bad for all the cast and creative and wish them a speedy recovery from this setback.

I did notice that Playbill and this site have the same quote, word-for-word from the production. Updated On: 9/30/04 at 01:34 PM

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#3re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:38pm

That makes me sad... re: BARE is off!(

laactress
#4re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:52pm

I was told this is called "freezing" the show and it will be back within 2 weeks of it's original opening date. I have tix for the 6th of November and appaerntly it should be back up by then but who knows? They will continue to rehearse durring this freezing time.

It started with a sipmle idea, collecting one paper clip for every life lost, the feelings that connect us...are greater than those that divide us!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#5re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:53pm

I hope all works out. I was looking forward to this show.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#6re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 1:59pm

::cries::
::prays::
Considering the subject matter, a prayer couldn't hurt.

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

WatusiJenkins
#7re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:04pm

Rehearsals have not begun...this isn't a freeze...it's an iindefinate postponement. Rehearsals will not begin until the money is in place.

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#8re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:10pm

wow this really sucks!! this is to good of a show to be having so many problems! re: BARE is off!

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#9re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:18pm

I"m seeing it December 17th. It should be back by then, right???

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#10re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:20pm

hopefully, but it just says indefinitely delayed so who knows....will just have to wait and see

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#11re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:26pm

Dodgers is holding the theatre open for them which means that they have confidence they will find bakers quickly (we can all hope)

I jus thope that the third delay in the show doesnt hurt ticket sales!!!! I know people are already getting frustrated...

**sobs**

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#12re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:28pm

If we're sad, I can't even imagine being part of the cast or crew at the moment. re: BARE is off!

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

dkellergrl Profile Photo
dkellergrl
#13re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:28pm

That's too bad. I hope everything works out for the show in the future. Hopefully things will get finalized before 2005.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#14re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:29pm

I ran into Natalie after the first delay when she was at michael's concert at the opia and she was very sad, and that was only a few weeks! I can't imagine how upset she is now!

ARGH..... *goes back to sobbing*

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:37pm

Uh oh.... AG is not going to be happy.

re: BARE is off!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#16re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:43pm

I guess I'm the only one who finds this laughable.

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#17re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 2:48pm

annnnnd that's because...?

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#18re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:05pm

well, the director, producers, and actors of BARE have every intention on resuming the production, so i am not that worried about this. i have tickets to see BARE on december 18th and i'm pretty confident that the show will be up and running by then. this is a huge and very popular show, so i don't think it should be hard for them to find financial backing. but this is so sad! this is such a wonderful show that keeps having bad things happen to them. no worries people...think positive!

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

serendipity9 Profile Photo
serendipity9
#19re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:12pm

LittleFish, first I honestly had a similar reaction. But mine is more because I have a friend who's friends with (I know... a friend of a friend) but he's a crew member and he's been a pompous jerk about the fact that the world revolves around him now because he works on Bare.
HOWEVER, I know most people with the show aren't like that and I hope that they get over their bump quickly and get back on their feet. I know how hard it is to find money for a little new show - no matter how good - these days.

Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same. ~G.B. Shaw

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#20re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:12pm

So, does this convince you all, or at least some of you, that no matter what gets said, and how often (even a thread with 3,000 hits and counting)on this board, means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things.The real world, so to speak? Everyone should "bare" that in mind, from here on out.

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#21re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:17pm

Al you forgot to "cackle" on your way out.......re: BARE is off!

xoxoxo Updated On: 9/30/04 at 03:17 PM

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#22re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:21pm

its at 4000 post and 81092

and at least 10 in the family and growing daily

(lets see how many I can do without looking)
Trisky
WDIN
jess (fake gf)
bobby
AG
blue wizard( we miss you)
Faile
musicalfan
2day
newcomer
MOG
BWG2
me

and with the site
thegalissilent
adampascal
mesmerized
star
steve
eyes

if I forgot anyone I'm sorry and I love you too

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#23re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:23pm

Well,this time, my theory has been proven as the situation speaks for itself. I don't have to be a total p*ick.

johny0828 Profile Photo
johny0828
#24re: BARE is off!
Posted: 9/30/04 at 3:23pm

im so pissed i traded 2 sets of tickets for 2 sets of bare tickets a the bcefa fleamarket. they are 11/6 and 11/14, now i have no tickets. one set was for 9/21 and they let me traded them in, i hope they will let be trade these in.

Videos