News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Papa_Burgundy_NY

Papa_Burgundy_NY Profile Photo
Member Name: Papa_Burgundy_NY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Disney's Next Show
 Jun 24 2007, 10:10:50 PM
I vote for Aladdin...with a beautiful Indian Aladdin and Jasmine and a wonderful tribute to Eastern culture and those great showstopping numbers as mentioned before. It's one of their most popular 90s movies and makes me just as excited to see it as when I heard they were bringing The Little Mermaid!

Also, the songs from Hunchback are so beautiful. They could surprise everyone by doing a darker version of the show and not making it the usual Disney fare for once!!

And Hercules, of course, would be sumptuous. With that gospel muse choir and a hunky god character, you can't go wrong

re: A&E's Breakfast With the Arts no more?
 Jun 24 2007, 10:03:12 PM
that's so sad! i remember the first time i watched BWTA, when my 3rd grade ballet teacher told us to tune in and watch for ballet or dance related material and i fell in love with the show. it's a shame. A&E is like another MTV...no longer living up to it's name.

ovation is a great channel. used to have it and watch it all the time <3

re: Most erotic moment?
 Jun 23 2007, 12:25:20 AM
i agree with whoever said it's very much in the subtlety of the lyrics or the swell of the voice and/or orchestra. for different people i think different voices and lyrical moments can stir those passionate feelings and leave them panting for more. for some of us live theatre itself is erotic!!

for me, personally, i think brian stokes mitchell's voice evokes so much passion and it always stirs me up! I love in the middle of "New Music" when he calls out for Sarah...with the orchestrations and his thunderous voice I just have to listen again and again. For me, it's the appeal of that very confident, in control character expressing his one flaw of being absolutely under the power of another human being. It's romantic and erotic all at once.

Also, i love little teasing numbers like "People Will Say We're in Love" and "Light My candle"...but "Dangerous Game" is also great because it takes you deep inside the mind into these carnal desires that you're afraid for these two characters to be having for each other. it's hot

re: The Official TONY Random Comments Thread.
 Jun 10 2007, 10:36:40 PM
ok, why end on "Totally F---ed" when you can't sing the last word?? Just a thought...
re: Commercials On The Tony's
 Jun 10 2007, 10:27:12 PM
haha...they're just paying Hugh back for hosting
 Jun 10 2007, 10:24:53 PM
i just went to see GG last Wednesday and Christine and Mary were amazing! don't let the last performance scare you. you'll love the show...it's very moving...and dead on with the Beales
 Jun 10 2007, 10:19:55 PM
i think my heart will sink if Christine doesn't win...
 Jun 10 2007, 10:16:27 PM
Patrick Wilson and GG!! Yumm...
re: Give Legally Blonde A Tony!!!
 Jun 10 2007, 10:09:13 PM
at least give laura one! that girl can sing.
re: Very Brief Thoughts about 110 IN THE SHADE
 Apr 25 2007, 07:21:11 PM
Just to interject, I really liked the amount of dialogue and felt that it was well written and well done by the performers. I loved just listening to Chris Innvar talk, let alone sing! And about Act I, I think it sets up Lizzie's loneliness so well in conjunction with Audra's wonderful acting. She just hits home in the last scene with File and in singing "Old Maid". I had tears in my eyes. Gorgeous show!!
re: Lovemusik or 110 in the Shade?
 Apr 22 2007, 04:09:35 PM
110 is absolutely gorgeous! Go see it now!
re: 110 IN THE SHADE - FIRST PREVIEW - 4/13/07
 Apr 21 2007, 11:55:04 PM
Just wanted to say that I got back from the show today and I am in LOVE with this show and it's stellar cast. Audra WAS Lizzie, she brought that part to life! I had tears in my eyes so many times during Act I because of her (well, probably b/c I love her so much too). Also, I thought Christopher Innvar was divine. He was like a suave Tennessee Ernie Ford...he played File so well. Loved the Currys as well. The orchestrations were beautiful, just so romantic...this musical reminded me so much of t
re: The Official 'I HATE BROADWAY.COM's WORD OF MOUTH' Thread
 Apr 14 2007, 07:33:57 PM
this thread is hilarious. yeah, those reviews are pretty basic and not very appealing. i don't know who would actually take time to watch them. they're not very valuable.
re: Chenoweth to Guest Star on 'Ugly Betty' Season Finale
 Apr 14 2007, 07:31:16 PM
i am obsessed with this show and so glad to see that it's combining my two loves...Broadway and fashion!! that's too cute.
re: 110 IN THE SHADE - FIRST PREVIEW - 4/13/07
 Apr 14 2007, 06:09:59 PM
oh, I am soo excited to see it on the 21st. I've never seen Audra on stage and to see her in what is being described as such a beautiful production just gives me goosebumps!! I'm sure I'll fall even more in love with that voice of hers
re: Audra McDonald's sick days? Oy!!!!
 Apr 7 2007, 11:46:53 PM
I think that's why I bought a ticket for April 21st...8 days after 110 begins it's runs. I am HOPING that I will be seeing it soon enough that she will be there and not skip out. I am mainly seeing the show to see Audra, but alas, if she's not there, what are you gonna do? Does anyone know her attendance record for non-musical performances? Like "Raisin in the Sun" and the other Shakespeare play that she did (that escapes my memory right now)?
re: Powerful,Meaningful,Moving Lyrics
 Apr 6 2007, 01:17:27 PM
Sidjones...i second "How Glory Goes". It splendidly puts to music my own musings about heaven. I love Audra McDonald's rendition of it!! It's just a gorgeous song.
re: Hairspray lotto
 Apr 6 2007, 12:20:49 PM
Went to a Saturday MATINEE two weeks ago. The lady held five tickets for my family b/c she told us the wrong time for the lotto. SOOO, it wasn't that busy. Not sure about Saturday night though. I doubt it will be hard.
re: Spring Break Show Review
 Apr 5 2007, 11:39:43 PM
I just saw Hairspray as well and was anyone else surprised that Ashley Parker Angel could dance so well?? I wasn't amazed at his acting or anything, but he really could move! Go Ashley!
re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
 Apr 5 2007, 08:10:59 PM
I almost s*** my pants when I saw Audra M's name as an infamous "sick day" queen. I have been waiting and waiting to see her and just bought tix for "110..." for April 21st and am PRAYING that she'll be there. I guess I don't have much to worry about, considering that I'll be there a week after it opens, so she has to show up for previews!

Please Audra, show up!! lol

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You