Hairspray lotto

bklynqt19862
#1Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 11:15am

Hey...does anyone know how the Hairspray lotto has been on Saturday nights lately? I'll have 3 other people with me...is there a good shot we'll get it? Thanks.

Elphie4ever Profile Photo
Elphie4ever
#2re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 11:56am

don't worry about it you have a good shot
i went there for the matinee performance last saturday since the gerswhin theater was one block away from there... completely empty. literally. so u have a good chance ^_^

SNLMedia Profile Photo
SNLMedia
#2re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:02pm

The Hairspray lotto is completely spontaneous. Some nights there are tons of people, while other nights, not even enough people show up to warrant a drawing, and everyone gets tickets. With four people total, you shouldn't have too much of a problem.

"The world is a better place because of hairspray." - Michael Ball

Fosse76
#3re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:09pm

Keep in mind if you are going this Sat. that a lot of people have had the week off. All the lotteries have been extremely crowded.

Papa_Burgundy_NY Profile Photo
Papa_Burgundy_NY
#4re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:20pm

Went to a Saturday MATINEE two weeks ago. The lady held five tickets for my family b/c she told us the wrong time for the lotto. SOOO, it wasn't that busy. Not sure about Saturday night though. I doubt it will be hard.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#5re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 2:05pm

I did a Wednesday matinee.
Like 60 people were there, I lost.
Poop.

Bobo2
#6re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 4/6/07 at 4:57pm

I think Hairspray lotto is an easy one to win but I never did it at night.

I'm such a bobo.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#7re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 12:38am

How's it been since school has gotten out?

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#8re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 1:07am

I was there tonight (and won! Finally!) I don't know how many tickets they gave out but I'd estimate there were 30-35 people there tonight.

While we were waiting inside to pay for the tickets, I did overhear an interesting piece of information that I hadn't known before. Some girls came by asking one of the men who worked there about the lottery and were told that it was already over but that they could try for standing room seats OR student rush on Tues-Thurs. Has Hairspray always had student rush Tues-Thurs? There's no mention of it on the Talkin Broadway site. Or was this guy completey wrong?

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

theaterfan194
#9re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 10:27am

i went for this wednesday's evening performance. there were about fifty people there. we won, however the man who ran the lottery said that there were student rush tickets available for that evenings performance

FrontRowFirst Profile Photo
FrontRowFirst
#10re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 11:11am

I played last Saturday night. There were about 60-70 people. I was surprised at how many, actually! We did win though - I believe they had 24 seats for lottery.

Born To Reign Profile Photo
Born To Reign
#11re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 11:42am

Wow, haven't been in about 2 weeks, but it wasn't nearly that busy even then. Guess it's picking up steam!

It's just a message board. Let's not take it too seriously.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#12re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/16/07 at 4:01pm

I was planning on going one Saturday or Sunday this summer.

I believe Hairspray has a student rush policy that they don't really advertise. I thought I heard something about $35 seats in the mezz or something.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

DevDev
#13re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/23/07 at 4:04pm

Bumping this up because I'd like some info on the Hairspray lotto. My friend and I plan on going tomorrow and there's only a performance at three, correct? If so, what time should my friend and I get there to put our names in for lotto? I've read two different things: three hours before curtain or two hours before curtain. I've also read that there's a 1:30 performance on Sunday? I've just heard too many conflicting things and I thought maybe someone on here knew a bit more and could uncloud this subject for me.

Thanks!

FrontRowFirst Profile Photo
FrontRowFirst
#14re: Hairspray lotto
Posted: 6/23/07 at 6:55pm

The show is at 3:00. They should start taking names for the lottery at 12:00 and draw at 12:30 I believe.